Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Hi I'm Lauren...I found this site when I was researching IP and then just came back to it today and I've been posting everywhere because I'm so glad to have found a community now that I've started the diet. I used to do WW and I enjoyed the meetings...this is like that even better on IP! I have about 100 lbs to lose...I'd like to wear a size 10 (now a size 20W) so I'll see what weight that is, may try to keep going though. I have failed at almost every diet I've done but so far IP feels different for me. I think because I know how important it is to be OP 100% and not cheat, which I am taking very seriously. First WI tomorrow! It's nice to meet all of you - I can't wait to be in your losing shoes!
Old 04-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #17  

Hi Everyone,

I am Sonia. I have 2 kids ( 3 yr old and 5yr old). Ever since i had kids i have been having a really hard time losing weight to get back to myself. I have tried many things, including WW. But my body is very stubborn. My doctor told me about this program. So I decided to give it a try. My goal is to lose 35 pounds. Lets see how long it will take this time. It is my third day.So far it hasnt been so bad. The hardest part is family get-togethers. Any tips on how to resist when there is so much yummy food there? :S

oh i also wanted to share that this is my very first post in a forum ever. I am 32 and a regular computer/internet user. But never joined a forum before. so its kind of exciting.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:33 AM   #18  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanaroph View Post
Hi my name is Nancy and I started IP based on a referral from a friend and then found this site when looking to see how well the plan works! I am 50 and my original goal was to be at my goal weight by then but alas that never happened so here I am restarting. What seems to help is the packets and the idea of no carbs/fats/sugars to allow the fat to be used for energy!

My goal is to lose 95 lbs/ goal weight 135-140 or bmi 25% fat.

What is inspiring is the way everyone loses something each week, if not pounds, then inches and the motivation from members here.

Edited to add a side benefit:- I am asthmatic and have to take a daily inhaler. Spring is my worst time and with the early blossoms this Spring in the northeast I make a point to take full dose. Since eliminating the carbs/fat/sugars with this eating plan I have noticed that I can reduce my dosage-- this after 1 week! My allergist is also very pleased with my oxygen intake numbers. My other allergy symptons are not as pronounced this year either but the real test will be when the oak starts

I am avoiding going on insulin and hopefully based on the blood/urine done today, my numbers will still go down.

Part of the IP challenge for me is that it is a processed food and I have been working to eat 'lower on the foodchain' but after my first WI where I lost 7 lbs , I think I will be fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ100 View Post
Hi I'm Lauren...I found this site when I was researching IP and then just came back to it today and I've been posting everywhere because I'm so glad to have found a community now that I've started the diet. I used to do WW and I enjoyed the meetings...this is like that even better on IP! I have about 100 lbs to lose...I'd like to wear a size 10 (now a size 20W) so I'll see what weight that is, may try to keep going though. I have failed at almost every diet I've done but so far IP feels different for me. I think because I know how important it is to be OP 100% and not cheat, which I am taking very seriously. First WI tomorrow! It's nice to meet all of you - I can't wait to be in your losing shoes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaya View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am Sonia. I have 2 kids ( 3 yr old and 5yr old). Ever since i had kids i have been having a really hard time losing weight to get back to myself. I have tried many things, including WW. But my body is very stubborn. My doctor told me about this program. So I decided to give it a try. My goal is to lose 35 pounds. Lets see how long it will take this time. It is my third day.So far it hasnt been so bad. The hardest part is family get-togethers. Any tips on how to resist when there is so much yummy food there? :S

oh i also wanted to share that this is my very first post in a forum ever. I am 32 and a regular computer/internet user. But never joined a forum before. so its kind of exciting.
Hello and welcome all of you.
This program does work. Just stick to the rules no matter what! These boards really are very motivational and informative. I dont think I would have made it this far if it wasnt for these wonderful people on here. Just keep coming back, especially when you are having a hard time.
good luck and enjoy the journey
Old 04-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 414.2 / 392.2 / 199

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Hi, my name is Cindy and I started IP on Monday, March 26, 2012. I lost 19 lbs. in the first week. I will weigh again Monday (don't weigh at home - because my scales still say "ERRR" when I step on, lol.). My goal is to get below 200 lbs. I am 5'7" and starting weight was 414.2 lbs.

I have been overweight all of my life, but because of my age (almost 52), my health has now begun to be affected. I couldn't walk more than a few feet without having to sit down because of my being out of breath; in constant back/hip pain. I finally realized that I had no quality of life - and it was my fault, no one else's.

I began to look back over my checkbook and saw that I was spending more than $100 a week eating out and on fast food each week, so there was no denying I could afford the IP program.

Yes, these first 2 weeks have been tough at times, but I have been faithful to the plan and I WILL MAKE IT THRU!

Just like one of the previous posts said - I can lose 10 lbs. And I will do it 22 times.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #20  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone. My name is Kathi and I live in North Pole, Alaska. I started IP on 2/23/2012 and want to lose at least 50 pounds. I just turned 43 years old. I have been married almost 25 years and I have 2 daughters ages 22 and 17. I have steadily gained weight over the last 10 years and after having trouble in Jan with bulging discs I decided I needed to lose weight. I have some friends who had done well on IP and I had tried losing weight before with everything else.

I love this forum and I am on here every day. Great advice and information from everyone. I work from home and I don't get out of the house much, so this is essential for me to keep me going.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:19 PM   #21  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

WOW, I go away for a few days and have quiet a few newbies starting....this is AWESOME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanaroph View Post
Hi my name is Nancy and I started IP based on a referral from a friend and then found this site when looking to see how well the plan works! I am 50 and my original goal was to be at my goal weight by then but alas that never happened so here I am restarting. What seems to help is the packets and the idea of no carbs/fats/sugars to allow the fat to be used for energy!

My goal is to lose 95 lbs/ goal weight 135-140 or bmi 25% fat.

What is inspiring is the way everyone loses something each week, if not pounds, then inches and the motivation from members here.

Edited to add a side benefit:- I am asthmatic and have to take a daily inhaler. Spring is my worst time and with the early blossoms this Spring in the northeast I make a point to take full dose. Since eliminating the carbs/fat/sugars with this eating plan I have noticed that I can reduce my dosage-- this after 1 week! My allergist is also very pleased with my oxygen intake numbers. My other allergy symptons are not as pronounced this year either but the real test will be when the oak starts

I am avoiding going on insulin and hopefully based on the blood/urine done today, my numbers will still go down.

Part of the IP challenge for me is that it is a processed food and I have been working to eat 'lower on the foodchain' but after my first WI where I lost 7 lbs , I think I will be fine.
Welcome and commit to the program 100%, once you make that commitment to yourself it will be easier for you to stick too it. I have laid it out like this to some and they understand it better...Lets say you are married or have a boyfriend/girlfriend, there is a HOT guy/girl sitting across the table flirting with you, would you leave your marriage/boyfriend/girlfriend for that HOT person flirting with you? OF COURSE NOT!.....its the same thing with food, just because it is there do you NEED to eat it....no of course not. YOU are the ONLY person whom can make the decision as to what goes in your mouth. This is a great site....wonderful people who will share all of their knowledge with you....enjoy reading.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ100 View Post
Welcome and good luck, Lauren, WE will ALL be here for you....WE will get you through those rough days and times. I for one have been here since day ONE and I have just had my 48th week of WI's...I am NOT leaving here anytime soon, I have 43lbs left to go but will NEVER leave this site. This site, EVERYONE here has HELPED me get to where I am today. We have become a family all on the same journey....SOOOOO welcome to the IP family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaya View Post
Hi Everyone,

Welcome!...this was my first forum to join and I must say that I have and still do enjoy this one very much. I am addicted.....lol.....YOU will enjoy it...trust me!....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyd View Post
Hi, my name is Cindy and I started IP on Monday, March 26, 2012. I lost 19 lbs. in the first week. I will weigh again Monday (don't weigh at home - because my scales still say "ERRR" when I step on, lol.). My goal is to get below 200 lbs. I am 5'7" and starting weight was 414.2 lbs.

I have been overweight all of my life, but because of my age (almost 52), my health has now begun to be affected. I couldn't walk more than a few feet without having to sit down because of my being out of breath; in constant back/hip pain. I finally realized that I had no quality of life - and it was my fault, no one else's.

I began to look back over my checkbook and saw that I was spending more than $100 a week eating out and on fast food each week, so there was no denying I could afford the IP program.

Yes, these first 2 weeks have been tough at times, but I have been faithful to the plan and I WILL MAKE IT THRU!

Just like one of the previous posts said - I can lose 10 lbs. And I will do it 22 times.
Welcome Cindy, I can remember going to Service Merchandise and stepping on a talking scale and it said PLEASE STEP OFF OF THE SCALE.....PLEASE STEP OFF OF THE SCALE.....This is a great program, I have had great results in 11 months...YOU CAN and WILL DO it!!....You will have big losses, you will have slow losses, you will have NO losses and you will have gains, BUT don't get discouraged....IF YOU ARE FOLLOWING THE PROGRAM 100% the weight and inches WILL COME OFF!!....I have had all that I mentioned and have been COMPLETELY 100% since day ONE...no licks, tastes, bites or nibbles of ANYTHING NOT on programs. All of our coaches are different, some allow things others do not so always go with what your coach says BUT most of us share what has worked for us with everyone......Welcome to the IP family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Hello everyone. My name is Kathi and I live in North Pole, Alaska. I started IP on 2/23/2012 and want to lose at least 50 pounds. I just turned 43 years old. I have been married almost 25 years and I have 2 daughters ages 22 and 17. I have steadily gained weight over the last 10 years and after having trouble in Jan with bulging discs I decided I needed to lose weight. I have some friends who had done well on IP and I had tried losing weight before with everything else.

I love this forum and I am on here every day. Great advice and information from everyone. I work from home and I don't get out of the house much, so this is essential for me to keep me going.
Welcome Kathi, Thanks for introducing yourself and also joining the Facebook group!....

Those of you just introducing yourself, I have created a Facebook group called Southern 3fc, you do NOT have to be a southerner to join its for everyone. Some of us work at home and talk there on messanger throughout the day. So if you would like to be a part of it just request to join on FB.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:20 AM   #22  

Height: 5'3

Default New and "pre" IP

Hi,
I am in the contemplating stages of IP.

Wondering who/where does this (or provides the service) and what factors should one consider when choosing a provider....I assume from what I've read, there are counselors-wondering if I go through with this, how to find the best, supportive clinic/counselor.

I have the usual questions I'm trying to figure out by searching and googling which brought me to one site and was also referred here .

Soon to be 50 and have been on diets in the past-lost about 60 pounds about 5 years ago-mostly through WW and walked a lot. Had some major stress and gained it back...so, here I am again-sick of seeing myself in pictures and wanting to have more energy and be healthier.

I am short-about 5'3 and would like to lose at least 60 and probably ideally 80 or even 85 (dreaming). My motivation could use a good overhaul.

Sweets are my enemy.

Thanks.!

Last edited by Candy5; 04-08-2012 at 07:25 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #23  
One step at a time...

Hi all,

I'm Jess. I'm starting IP on Friday and picked up my starter kit yesterday. I joined IP after seeing some amazing results from some good friends of mine, so what better motivation! As of right now, I'm planning to take on this challenge one day at a time and am hoping for the best. This site looks to be a great resource, so off I go to explore further!
Old 04-08-2012, 08:05 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie2011 View Post
Hi all,

I'm Jess. I'm starting IP on Friday and picked up my starter kit yesterday. I joined IP after seeing some amazing results from some good friends of mine, so what better motivation! As of right now, I'm planning to take on this challenge one day at a time and am hoping for the best. This site looks to be a great resource, so off I go to explore further!
Hi Jess,
I started March 31 so I'm a little over a week in - good luck with week 1! I already feel healthier than I did when I started!
Old 04-08-2012, 08:08 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy5 View Post
Hi,
I am in the contemplating stages of IP.

Wondering who/where does this (or provides the service) and what factors should one consider when choosing a provider....I assume from what I've read, there are counselors-wondering if I go through with this, how to find the best, supportive clinic/counselor.

I have the usual questions I'm trying to figure out by searching and googling which brought me to one site and was also referred here .

Soon to be 50 and have been on diets in the past-lost about 60 pounds about 5 years ago-mostly through WW and walked a lot. Had some major stress and gained it back...so, here I am again-sick of seeing myself in pictures and wanting to have more energy and be healthier.

I am short-about 5'3 and would like to lose at least 60 and probably ideally 80 or even 85 (dreaming). My motivation could use a good overhaul.

Sweets are my enemy.

Thanks.!
Hi Candy,
I probably wouldn't have to work for a year if I could have back all the money I've spent on WW over time! It is a great plan for some but for me it was too flexible...it allowed me too much to think "I'll eat this now and make it up later" and then I never would. The IP program makes much more sense to me because it is very black and white what you can a cannot do. Good luck! Even though I'm brand new I've spent a ton of time reading these forums because there is so much great info here...
Old 04-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 145/135/116

Height: 5 ft

I am on day five, and am looking forward to my weigh-in on Tues. I have numerous friends that have had great success on IP, so I figured it was about time that I took control, and got my health back on track. I am not a fan of veggies, but have been persevering, and certainly haven't drank this much water ever. I made a matcha green tea smoothie with vanilla pudding this morning, and think I have found my morning smoothie!!!
Loved the kale chips, and who knew that I would ever eat rutabaga fries, and crave them so much. Had the Big Mac salad, and will totally do that again.
I have been struggling with headaches and bloating, but struggled with them before. I just do yoga to help the headaches, and am drinking 1L of warm water with lime and salt and magnesium citrate, about as close to a margarita that I will get in a while. LOL.
All I wonder is how long until I can safely wander away from the bathroom? All that water in defenitely moving on through!!
My ultimate goal outside of health, is to order my new saddle with a 13" seat. I am so looking forward to this I can't wait!
I have never been one to ask for help, always the helper. So it was a big step for me to sign-up with IP. And I'm very happy to have found this site.
Happy Easter All!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 12:33 AM   #27  

Height: 5'3

Hi! So good to come back and find some encouragement. Easter was a big day of eating...not sure if it is a defense mechanism or what...to try to eat good knowing i may be starting a restrictive diet? I definitely need some help in the brain/ mind thought process. Good luck to you all..cant wait to see your results!
Old 04-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #28  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

Today is my day 6, my first WI is on Wednesday and I'm looking forward to it.

I made lemon merague pie and cupcakes for Easter and I was very cognesant of not licking my fingers! I found myself wiping up a drip off the filling and putting it in my mouth, then spit it out yelling at myself. I did not do that again. It's going to be a hard habit to break while cooking.

I've stayed OP. I did have roasted asparagus yesterday at my mother's with probably a little too much oil on it, but that's the only error (I don't concider it "cheating"). I brought selzter to drink while everyone was having wine, a some dill pickle chips so I wouldn't be tempted by the appy's.

Thanks for the encouragement this past week.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 145/135/116

Height: 5 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
I made lemon merague pie and cupcakes for Easter and I was very cognesant of not licking my fingers! I found myself wiping up a drip off the filling and putting it in my mouth, then spit it out yelling at myself. I did not do that again. It's going to be a hard habit to break while cooking.
LOL! I made the boys brownies, and had my youngest stir for me, I was so worried about licking my fingers!! I just try not to touch what I can't eat, not as easy said as done!! Good Luck!!
Old 04-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #30  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Welcome to all of the newbies just starting out. I am happy that y'all have found us on this forum. We are a great group of people from all over the world and a variety of ages BUT we all have ONE thing in common, getting HEALTHIER! This group had TON"S of support, we share everything from good to bad, suggestions of what works and don't work. We have many coaches that allow certain things then others don't. Those of us who are walking the walk for awhile share what works for us, but overall follow your coaches first. I have been on the program for 11 months now with success of 143lbs gone. This is a very doable program but it takes dedication and commitment 100%!
Closed Thread