Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardergirl View Post
i read all these posts, and am so motivated to be losing, but I am in my 4th week, and have only lost 11 lbs!! Some people have lost close to this in their first week!! Can anyone shed some light? I am following protocol, (went off protocol the 2nd week for 3 days, but was very focused..we were on vaca so I just ate salads with small amounts of protein and WF dressings) and i still feel like I am hungry most of the time. I haven't eaten ANY restricted items. My coach doesn't understand it either. I started at 156, and am down to 145...which i know is good, but I was really hoping to lose it faster. I exercise 3-4 times a week ( i always have) do you think that is hurting my weight loss?
Hi! We are similar places- starting/goal/height so maybe I can be of help.
a GREAT week for me is 5 (has happen twice) good is 3 and usually its only 1 or 2. Restricted doesn't mean don't eat them, it means don't have more than one a day. Some people have found that they actually have bigger loses when they eat them. I've had one a day every day!
If you excursive you're suppose to have a 4th packet, 1/2 before and 1/2 after...

Think of the Biggest Loser, its done by percentage of body weight lost, not actual pounds lost. so try not to get discouraged!
Old 03-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 175.5/175.5/140

Height: 5'4

I thought about pizza so much today that I have that guilty feeling like I actually ate some!Boardergirl you will be at your goal weight before you know it. Just stick with it! The last 3 nights I have been blending baby spinach in with my chocolate shake and ice so it FEELS like a dessert when really its my dinner veggies....yum! Just changing things up sometimes it gets a little monotonous.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryck22 View Post
Today was my first WI on day 6, I lost 3 lbs, was hoping for more, but if I can lose 3lbs a week that is 12lbs a month. ( I was also expecting the TOM but it is now 2 days late and I am not pregnant) That would be awesome. I also am excited to say that I feel as thou I made it over the hump, my 4th and5th days I felt exhausted at the end of the work, and was not sure if I could do this. BUT I did and did not go off course .
IP will certainly mess with TOM big time- be prepared for it not to be "normal" in length, or regularity
and YES, you usually bloat right before and have smaller losses
Old 03-21-2012, 07:40 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
My loss was slow but steady but I am very close to my goal now.
PATNS- you are SO CLOSE! how awesome.
I see you joined in 2008 but when did you start IP? (we are similar in size so I'm just curious)
Old 03-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardergirl View Post
i read all these posts, and am so motivated to be losing, but I am in my 4th week, and have only lost 11 lbs!! Some people have lost close to this in their first week!! Can anyone shed some light? I am following protocol, (went off protocol the 2nd week for 3 days, but was very focused..we were on vaca so I just ate salads with small amounts of protein and WF dressings) and i still feel like I am hungry most of the time. I haven't eaten ANY restricted items. My coach doesn't understand it either. I started at 156, and am down to 145...which i know is good, but I was really hoping to lose it faster. I exercise 3-4 times a week ( i always have) do you think that is hurting my weight loss?
We have similar stats and i'm in week 7 100% OP, haven't cheated since wk 1.. and have lost about 14lbs. I've been sticking to the sheet and the last two WIs haven't been good. BUT I still feel my clothes getting loose. You'll find that you have good weeks and bad weeks and in the end it's all about how your clothes are fitting and how YOU see yourself. I'm only halfway to my goal and feel like i've lost SO much! The little things will really excite you. Being able to cross your legs comfortably, etc. They key is to build healthy habits that you'll use for the rest of your life to stay in maintenance. Don't rush, just let the diet do all the work for you. Stick to the sheet and it'll come off.
Plus before you know it, you'll be in week 7 like me! Seems like just yesterday I signed up

Eat a restricted once a day!! You'll love it and it may help the losses.
Also, if you've always exercised then you're fine. Just be sure to keep your heart rate below 70%. I'll bump up the exercise thread for ya. Theres a lot of good info i've learned in there since I started working out last week.

Last edited by CassiR; 03-21-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 151/138.2/130

Height: 5'5''

We are about identical. I have always exercised, so when I was told not to I wasn't sure what to think about that. I didn't the first week and lost 5 lbs. The second week I did a little and lost 4. The third week I picked it up - but found I didn't have the endurance I normally do (assuming this is from the lack of carbs) I lost 2 lbs. 4th week, still exercising, still have low endurance from what I had before starting the program, and lost 1.8 this week. I have been adding another packet each day when I work out and/or having a hard boiled egg or two as well. I have also ordered the mango drink as it has the most protein of all the products and it's really good. Perfect for a post-run drink. I know I would probably lose more faster by not exercising, but I'm okay with the rate I'm going and its been such a part of my daily routine I don't want to give it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itstimemaggie View Post
Had my initial consultation today. Found out I have a little more weight to lose than I thought. Did anyone excercise during the program? My coach told me not to excercise especially during the first few wks. I found this hard to believe. Great news to me though. Excercising is a difficult thing for me to fit into my busy day right now.
I am going to embark on my journey tomorrow can't wait.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

With the warmer weather, I just had popsicles made from the dark chocolate pudding and premade chocolate shake, with some Walden Farms chocolate dip thrown in and blended. They were great! I'm going to try chopping up a peanut crunch bar and add that with the next batch.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:49 PM   #83  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

So I didn't get a Doctor Divorce today only a trial seperation! Oh well at least I have until July to wait to see he again! He is a great Doctor, but just want to be frreeee! He said I was much too hyper to turn loose quite yet! MEN!!! No really I am blessed! Oh and he was totally impressed with my weight loss!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #84  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by slug007 View Post
We are about identical. I have always exercised, so when I was told not to I wasn't sure what to think about that. I didn't the first week and lost 5 lbs. The second week I did a little and lost 4. The third week I picked it up - but found I didn't have the endurance I normally do (assuming this is from the lack of carbs) I lost 2 lbs. 4th week, still exercising, still have low endurance from what I had before starting the program, and lost 1.8 this week. I have been adding another packet each day when I work out and/or having a hard boiled egg or two as well. I have also ordered the mango drink as it has the most protein of all the products and it's really good. Perfect for a post-run drink. I know I would probably lose more faster by not exercising, but I'm okay with the rate I'm going and its been such a part of my daily routine I don't want to give it up.
I found trying to exercise the first month kind of difficult because of the lack of endurance. That got much better by the second month and was soon back to normal. Also loosing a lot of weight in the meantime really helped too.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone, hope you all had a great day. I had my 2nd weigh in today with my coach, 2 lbs down.....it was alright, but hoped for more. I have been very good and sticking with the program, except one day I was a little short on veggies and meat......just not hungry. I actually have 2 weigh-ins, one with my coach on Wednesday's and one on my own first thing Thursday morning. Long story, but I ended up having to weigh in 1 day early with my coach on a Wednesday, but started the diet on a Thursday, so I like to weigh myself first thing on Thursdays to get the "real" reading LOL....so tomorrow, I am hoping I will like the number better. I have found splitting up my snack between late morning and late afternoon has helped alot, I have worked out a little here and there, couple days of about 45 min weight training, and then just bike rides with the kids and walking the dogs. I still feel great, no feeling of wanting to cheat, I realize now I need to stay away from carbs completely.......for now anyway, I have no control with them at all. I just hope I remember how good I feel when I am eating this way and it helps to keep me on track. I figured out to get to my goal weight, obviously depending on weekly losses, I will have to be on track for at least 16 weeks........I have never been able to stick with anything for that long, so I have this forum in my favourites and check in daily to read post to help keep me focused on my goal. Thank you everyone for you positive posts and helpful info. for us newbies. Sleep tight everyone.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:25 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by le506 View Post
PATNS- you are SO CLOSE! how awesome.
I see you joined in 2008 but when did you start IP? (we are similar in size so I'm just curious)
I started in August, so it's been a long haul. But I was stalled for quite awhile this winter. Then I realized I had gone too low in food by having chicken breast as my protein all the time. Also I was not getting my oil in because I was using individual packs of WF dressings. Jan & Feb are super busy on my job so I was taking the same stuff all the time for convenience.
One I measured out my olive oil and put it on my salad, added krill oil (omega oils make me nauseous) and mixed up my protein choices I started to lose again after a stall of 6 weeks.

After I'm getting close to goal I am losing about a pound a week.
I also make sure I get my restricted in everyday too. So many people think if you stall you need to cut something out. But in my case it was important to see what I wasn't getting in.

It does seem that things go slower for those of us built closer to the ground.Also I am post-menopausal and that really slows the whole process.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 03-21-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:57 PM   #87  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
So many people think if you stall you need to cut something out. But in my case it was important to see what I wasn't getting in.
Very wise words! And congrats on being so close to goal....are you planning anything special from a celebration standpoint once you are there?
Old 03-21-2012, 11:07 PM   #88  
Started IP 9/12/2011

S/C/G: 288/184/150

Height: 5' 1"

WI #26 today. Down another 2 pounds and 4 inches. I'll take it! Just can't break into wonderland yet! Leaving on an 8 day vacation Saturday. Maybe I'll come back in wonderland.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:44 PM   #89  
dedicated

S/C/G: 220/208/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps:
Sorry I haven't been on here the past week. They have blocked me from the site here at work so I cannotget on to get my daily fix. But I have found another way to get to it, I just have to be very careful about logging in daily. So, this will probably be my only login today until I get home and am able to pry my daughter away from the computer.

to all the newbies!! It is so good to see so many more joining our wonderful little group!!! This is the best thing you could do for yourself. And if you have not been able to go thru and read all the other threads, just remember that any loss you have regardless of how little it it is, is a good loss. Your body has to catch up with what you have already lost and it will fight you to lose what it is so used to having. Hang in there and things will begin to fall into place.

I went to the doctor yesterday because of a little issue I am having and he was amazed at my loss. I was telling him that my goal is to get down to 130. He said that I will be too thin then, he suggests that I go to 150-145, no lower than 140.

Well better get off here for now, will try to get on later.

Congratulations on all the losses so far and good luck to those that still have to weigh in. Hope everyone has a great OP day!!!
Wow I all most did not even recognize you! You are looking amazing! GREAT job! Keep up the great work!
Old 03-21-2012, 11:46 PM   #90  
dedicated

S/C/G: 220/208/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassfedbeef View Post
WI #26 today. Down another 2 pounds and 4 inches. I'll take it! Just can't break into wonderland yet! Leaving on an 8 day vacation Saturday. Maybe I'll come back in wonderland.
You are doing an amazing job and it will happen! Have a great vacation
Closed Thread