Old 03-20-2012, 02:02 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
While you are in phase 1, you have this hollow feeling and appearance. For instance, my shin bones protruded from my legs, my clavicles protruded, my inner thighs were pretty much non-existent. Heck, I looked bony at 165. If I remember correctly, I stayed this way through phase 2 as well. When you add carbs back to your diet in phases 3 and 4, your glycogen stores are replenished. I think this fluffs you back out a bit. Right now, I weigh 10 lbs less than the last time I saw Phase 1, but I don't look as thin as I did in phase 1. Mostly that's a good thing. I wasn't comfortable with my bones poking out everywhere. However, you have to take that into consideration when phasing off. If you are thinking you still want to lose a few lbs based on looks, you should stay in phase 1 until you get there. If your goal is to get to a certain weight and you are there, you should phase off. Again, this is my opinion based on my experience, and everyone is different. Just something to think about from someone who has been there. That could be why the protocol was changed to 100% goal weight before moving to phase 2.
Thanks! I didn't know that...my bones stick out too and I was kind of alarmed the first time I saw myself naked in the mirror. I looked emaciated. I decided to phase out when my clothes felt right, and adjusting for 20 pds of skin putting me in a healthy BMI.
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

The meat twice a day seemed like too much to me too. I alternated with eggs, though they aren't as much protein, and fish. I always cook a bunch of meat and freeze the portions so I don't have to do it from scratch and it's already measured. Sometimes I'll cut up vegees at lunch and boil them for soup, but often I make batches of that and freeze it so it really becomes easy to just thaw and eat. When I'm on Phase 4 for awhile, I want to try tofu or add soy powder to soups to vary the protein as well.
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
The meat twice a day seemed like too much to me too. I alternated with eggs, though they aren't as much protein, and fish. I always cook a bunch of meat and freeze the portions so I don't have to do it from scratch and it's already measured. Sometimes I'll cut up vegees at lunch and boil them for soup, but often I make batches of that and freeze it so it really becomes easy to just thaw and eat. When I'm on Phase 4 for awhile, I want to try tofu or add soy powder to soups to vary the protein as well.
I just started eating tofu and get extra firm and cut it in slices. Then I saute it in 1 - 2 tsp of olive oil. It comes out crispy and yummy. (I'm a dunker...so I dunk it in a soy, ginger garlic sauce.) It has more protein than other proteins so you don't need the full 8 ounces. I usually eat 5 1/2 ounces of it at a time. It's quick and easy to eat...like eggs! if you make some recipes with it I'd love to see them too!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #34  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I thought Rotisserie Chickens were injected with "stuff" making them off limits for P1??? Are they allowed on other phases?
Not all rotisserie chickens are the same. Just read the labels. The worst I buy has regular salt in it and I just make sure I don't eat it for more than 1 day. The rest goes in the freezer. I am fortunate that the little grocery store in my town uses sea salt to season theirs and other IP appropriate seasonings. Some of the other chickens may be appropriate for maintenance, you just have to check labels.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Not all rotisserie chickens are the same. Just read the labels. The worst I buy has regular salt in it and I just make sure I don't eat it for more than 1 day. The rest goes in the freezer. I am fortunate that the little grocery store in my town uses sea salt to season theirs and other IP appropriate seasonings. Some of the other chickens may be appropriate for maintenance, you just have to check labels.
Great! Thanks for the tip!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:57 PM   #36  
Peggy

S/C/G: 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Paint Lady and New Englander thank you for the great tips. I hadn't thought of rotisserie chicken. I may have to check out the local grocers to see what they offer. I drive my children crazy reading the labels of everything I buy. Something I never really bothered to do pre-IP. I was moved to phase 2 at 90% of my weight. Maybe it is just a difference in coaches and what they feel is best for each individual person. And my phase 1 sheet specifically states that phase one is to be followed until 90% of your weight-loss goal is achieved. It's the handout from 5/24/11
Magicpinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:20 PM   #37  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Just to clarify, Phase 2 is 2 weeks but can be extended and Phase 3 is 2 weeks and cannot be extended.

I set a date for when I would like to be in P4. Coach said P3 is one week so I am confused. It is just helpful to have the correct plan so I don't all of a sudden head to vacation still on P3.

I had thought about phasing down for vacation but it made little sense to return to try and lose a few more pounds and then phase out. Would start to become expensive and extend this another 2 months.

Also thank you so much Paint Lady for the explanation on filling out. I hope for a little fat to return to my face because I see more lines and wrinkles now.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:36 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 200/200/120

Height: 5'2"

According to my coach he told me that I did not need to do phase 2. He said that I could move from Phase1 right to Phase3 when I got to my goal. It is very interesting to hear what everyone says. I think what I may do is get to my goal on Phase1 and then go onto Phase2 for one week and then transition into Phase3 and Phase4. This really helped me out.
kneurohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:07 AM   #39  

I'm bumping this because I am in Phase 2 now (a week), and I lost 2 pounds after a 4 week plateau in phase 1. I went into p2 because I went away for a week, and I knew it would be easier to stick to P2 while away. However, I am so thrilled with this weight loss I am wondering if I should stay here instead of go back to P1 to lose my final 5 pounds to goal weight. Should I (can I) stay in P2 until my goal weight is met? There seems to be a lot of different advice out there about the length of P2.
explore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:01 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 214/163/150

Height: 5'6" (a little less)

I just started Phase 2 as well...despite my goal being to lose another 20 pounds. I don't really know if that's something reasonable for me anyway. I think another 10 pounds would be fine...but I'm at the "stick a fork in me" phase too. So instead of feeling angry about still being on Phase 1 every day, I wanted to take a little break, phase off...enjoy a few June related functions, and then possibly come back to Phase 1 after a little break. Unless clean eating and exercise doesn't take it off, you know?

I'm happy with my 2 cups veggies, a little lettuce, a can of drained tuna and my oil/vinegar dressing at lunch.. It fills me up so much I can barely finish it. So I'm happy to be here for 2 weeks. I'd stay for longer if the June functions weren't so fast approaching.

Anyhow, glad I'm not the only one making this decision.
Sheriously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:41 AM   #41  

Just an FYI, this was an old thread.

However, phasing off is the best thing to do (rather than stopping abruptly)

I always wonder why people want to rush into it and skip phase 2. Part of the healthy lifestyle change is having the willingness to work through every phase.

Congrats on moving to p2!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:09 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 214/163/150

Height: 5'6" (a little less)

Oh I'm so embarrassed now for responding to an old thread. There's that super "search" function on this board again.
Sheriously is offline   Reply With Quote