Old 02-28-2012, 12:27 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

It does take time. I know I was so excited thinking about finally beIng rid of excess weight that I wanted to "be there". It took me a long time to find the right plan and then decide to do it. Once I made the decision, I wanted it done!

I am trying to learn to be satisfied in each instant and instance! Being satisfied each moment of the day has helped me keep going along. I try to accept that no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.....even the progress of my weight loss!

I am trying to use my enthusiasm for the end goal and apply it to new things. I have to fill the time I used to spend carbing and sleeping it off! Each day I get through and did not eat something that would harm me is a big deal.

Last edited by Samba; 02-28-2012 at 12:27 AM.
Samba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #32  
Starting again 6/9/13

S/C/G: (S)180/(C)171/(G)155

Height: 5'8"

Default Thank you for your help!

I just wanted to share with all of you since you've been so helpful to me this week that I had my Week #1 WI and I'm down 6 lbs!!

I think that I needed this quick win to help give me momentum to keep going! Thank you again for everyone's advice and support! You all are wonderful!

Have a great night!!
UNDHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:52 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Hi UNDHockeyFan, Instant satisfaction is a great thing that we all crave. I.e. a new haircut, mani/pedi, tattoo, new clothes, hair color etc. Dieting is not an instant satisfaction thing...BUT it will lead to a lifetime of satisfaction! Hang in there and in time you will have all the satisfaction you are currently craving! Be well and hold on!!!
Superb analogy!! I have never looked at it from this perspective!! However, a new tattoo is one of my rewards when I reach my goal!!! =)
whisperingshouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:02 AM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDHockeyFan View Post
I just wanted to share with all of you since you've been so helpful to me this week that I had my Week #1 WI and I'm down 6 lbs!!

I think that I needed this quick win to help give me momentum to keep going! Thank you again for everyone's advice and support! You all are wonderful!

Have a great night!!

Congrats on your first weigh in!
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:45 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 238/203.2/140

Height: 5' 2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDHockeyFan View Post

Have a great night!!
WOO HOO -- congrats!
KRinOttawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #36  
Starting again 6/9/13

S/C/G: (S)180/(C)171/(G)155

Height: 5'8"

Bump.
UNDHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:41 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 209/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2.5

I'm only on day 4 of IP but I decided to keep me sane till I reach goal is to imagine what my "new self" will be. And instead of waiting to develop myself until I feel better.... I'll do a little bit along the way. I'm going to learn new hobbies, look for cool places I want to stop and shop in, learn new make up techniques, get more involved in the community, etc. So by the time I reach goal, I'll have created a new happier me in all areas of my life instead of just physically
MiamiCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:36 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 228/200/185

Height: 5'9"

I can really relate to this post! I am almost one month in, and I really love IP, but I find myself obsessing over when I will get to my goal, calculator in hand. I think I will be up to 20 lbs lost by the end of my first month (2 more days), and although I know that's great, I tend to get overwhelmed by how far I have left to go. I'm trying to "live in the moment" and "enjoy the now,"but it's difficult not knowing how long it will take to reach goal weight. For now, I try to focus on how after this week, I will never weigh more than 209 ever again!
Violetgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #39  
Started IP 6-5-12

S/C/G: 280/257/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violetgal View Post
I can really relate to this post! I am almost one month in, and I really love IP, but I find myself obsessing over when I will get to my goal, calculator in hand. I think I will be up to 20 lbs lost by the end of my first month (2 more days), and although I know that's great, I tend to get overwhelmed by how far I have left to go. I'm trying to "live in the moment" and "enjoy the now,"but it's difficult not knowing how long it will take to reach goal weight. For now, I try to focus on how after this week, I will never weigh more than 209 ever again!
I'm the same way, but I keep reminding myself I gained this weight over many years, hopefully, it will come off more quickly, so I'm trying not to focus on the end, just enjoy the journey. So, I decided to focus on the little things, like I noticed on Thursday the elastic waist band in my pants didn't fold over when I sat down. I always had to fix it when I stood up. For some reason, it really annoys me when it folds over. And Friday, I was out to lunch with family members and 3 hours later they were all still complaining about how full they were and they ate too much. I just smirked to myself and thought, I feel great. As the weeks go by I'm looking forward to the other little things I can enjoy. I have to say, the one thing I'm really looking forward to is having my butt fit in just one seat on bus, currently, it encroaches into the next seat. I take the bus to work daily and I'm sure my fellow bus riders can't wait either.
softkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #40  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

It works faster than anything else I've ever done.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 240/175/170

Height: 5 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
My son says I am addicted to this site because I am always on it....lol....he is on his own car forum and I used to tell him he was obsessed because he was always on it. He said MOM I think you are worse than I am now....lol...I said I am learning he said I know I KNOW.....lol... distractions are the best things that keep me going. I can read here for hours on in sometimes. The last 10 months (43 weeks) have FLEW by. I live by weeks now not months, I live Wednesday to Wednesday cuz that is my WI day. It probably the ONLY thing I look forward too, it keeps me going.
Wuv. You continue to amaze me. You look so good and you are inspirational. I think the time we invest in supporting others, sharing what works, planning, educating ourselves, etc. all goes a long way towards positive habit forming and long term success! I love what salmongirl said about examining emotional eating. So powerful.
Zartas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #42  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zartas View Post
Wuv. You continue to amaze me. You look so good and you are inspirational. I think the time we invest in supporting others, sharing what works, planning, educating ourselves, etc. all goes a long way towards positive habit forming and long term success! I love what salmongirl said about examining emotional eating. So powerful.
Thank you, I do what I do because I enjoy sharing my experience with everyone so that they can be aware of what to look for and what they may come across. Each of us are different and experiment different things because we are all so different but in the long run we are all going through the same thing....getting healthier, changing lifestyles. I will be starting at my clinic as a coach sometime this month I am so excited, I will be helping others in my area so it will be fun!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote