Old 02-26-2012, 08:31 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survalia View Post
I think that something positive can come from a cheat like this. We can discover that eating right makes us feel so much better than eating crap. We realize that the way to REALLY be good to ourselves, mentally and physically, is to eat right. I personally feel that an expectation that we will never, ever, make a mistake is ridiculous. We are human beings, not God. We are NOT 100% perfect. A cheat can be a real opportunity to learn if we step back, FORGIVE ourselves, then really examine what happened, what the triggers were, and formulate a way to LOVE YOURSELF THROUGH the next time it happens. Be kind and good to yourself, not by indulging, but by recognizing what it is that REALLY makes you happy! You are worth the very best!
I absolutely love what you said about "loving yourself through the next time it happens". I do need to recognize what truly makes me happy.
mtnsun4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:17 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for sharing and being honest- your post and all the wonderful replies may save someone else from loosing control today, tomorrow or next week- you never know who you may have just helped by posting so openly. Be proud of your accomplishments and jump back OP!
Journey36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Hang in there. I think we've all been there. I did it a couple weeks ago...just sat down and ate a whole cup of almonds. I wasn't even particularly hungry, but could not stop myself. I went up 1.5 pds. This past week, I found new resolve and lost 4 pds. It's a process. When I calculated the amount of calories, carbs and fat in the blanched almonds, I was so disgusted with myself, but ultimately, you just have to go on anyway.

I have discovered that sweets are my downfall and when I had too many sugar-free jellos or Walden Farms chocolate sauce or Crystal-Light, I craved more and more, so I have learned to watch that and limit it. It feels like a real accomplishment when I am can do it. They may be carb free and sugar free, but the brain doesn't care...it wants more, and the aspartame has some pretty bad reports about it.

I posted about my experience too and found the folks here really supportive, and I appreciated it. We are never too old to stop learning about ourselves and to need a word of encouragement.
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #19  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Hang in there. I think we've all been there. I did it a couple weeks ago...just sat down and ate a whole cup of almonds. I wasn't even particularly hungry, but could not stop myself. I went up 1.5 pds. This past week, I found new resolve and lost 4 pds. It's a process. When I calculated the amount of calories, carbs and fat in the blanched almonds, I was so disgusted with myself, but ultimately, you just have to go on anyway.

I have discovered that sweets are my downfall and when I had too many sugar-free jellos or Walden Farms chocolate sauce or Crystal-Light, I craved more and more, so I have learned to watch that and limit it. It feels like a real accomplishment when I am can do it. They may be carb free and sugar free, but the brain doesn't care...it wants more, and the aspartame has some pretty bad reports about it.

I posted about my experience too and found the folks here really supportive, and I appreciated it. We are never too old to stop learning about ourselves and to need a word of encouragement.
You know I think I do better with less Splenda as well. I was having trouble getting my water in so I noticed that recently I was using the MIO like crazy. I don't just do a light squirt. I like it real sweet, koolaid style. I can get down some serious water with it but my cravings were out of control. I did a test recently and cut it out for like 4 or 5 days. Hardly a craving until I added it back because I wasn't drinking enough water. I also noticed that when I do the Big Mac in a Bowl, I liberally add the dressing. Can't do that either. Or, not for too many days in a row. It seems like I have to be real conservative with the splenda sweetened products. I know the IP products have some splenda but not much. I also have to watch the meals we make from IP packets. Can't do too many of those. These don't effect weight loss for me. They just trigger crazy cravings.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #20  
INACTIVE

Thanks for posting and I wish you all of the best. I'm glad you threw the temptations in the trash and I know you can be successful!
Interestingly on my side, its TOM and I am going into my 3rd month on IP--I don't crave anything this month. Maybe it will get better for you? The chocolate soy puffs mixed with peanut butter soy puffs might help as well
I don't know where you are in CO (I lived there for 15 years and miss it so much), but how about a little hike when the weather clears to burn off those kisses? Big hugs and I'm cheering for you.
SomedayBubblySomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:28 PM   #21  
Restart IP 1/1/15

S/C/G: 265.5/248/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
Weeks 5-7 were really tough on me. Cravings were the strongest and I was least interested in the program. Was having trouble coming up with ideas for things to eat. I think it could be a could a phase so these are just theories.

1. PMS cravings are powerful. Insane. My hunger was out of control and sometimes after I had my evening snack I wanted another one, another sweet one. I was drinking MIO all the time. And I put big squirts in my water bottle. I like it sweeeeeeeeeeeet. It all got better once TOM came last week so I am not sure if that was it but it certainly felt like I had gone back. It was harder for me to be in stores and around food and sometimes watching commercials were hard. These were all starting behaviors and I could not figure out why they had returned, seemingly stronger. So, I need to watch next TOM.

2. I remember noticing that when people dropped the program it seemed to be around between like weeks 5-7. They seemed to be doing well or they stalled or gave in or something. The last few weeks that were so challenging seemed like a test to me. Once TOM came, it just stopped and hunger was back to normal and so were other things.

I don't know if any of this is helpful but it sounds like you answered a lot of your concerns. You know the drill. Tomorrow is a new day. But, remember how crappy you feel now. It might help in the future. Hang in there. You have done really well so far. You may wish to stay away from the scale this week.
Thank you for this post. I am on week 7 and it has been a really tough week. I have struggled this week more than any other. I have been feeling more hungry than I have the whole time on IP. I am down 18 lbs and got my TOM again this week. I just had it 3 weeks ago and it has been the worst TOM I have had since I was a teenager- cramps, feeling lousy etc.

Last edited by gs463; 02-28-2012 at 09:31 PM.
gs463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:32 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 162/162/140

Height: 5'1"

Yesterday, I just couldn't get filled up! I had a restricted bar for my breakfast, lunch I had salad w/cucumber, brocoli, 3oz pork chop and 1/2 IP pudding. Within a couple of hours, I was hungry and decided to have my chocolate puffs. I ate them and still had a craving for something else, so I ate a chocolate bar! By then I was feeling miserable along with the guilt! I never ate anything for dinner because I was still stuffed!! I made me a IP cranberry drink for my snack about 8:30. I knew it had less calories and thought it would help me with protein through the night. I had 3 restricted and 1 1/2 non restricted foods. Today, I am having my omelet for breakfast because it keeps me satisfied until lunch. I would say I had a very costly day yesterday!!
pegv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:49 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

I am glad you posted this. I have cravings sometimes too. Just going and eating something like I used to is one of my fears. I hope the fear is a healthy one and keeps me aware. But, I now realize that a slip would be just that! Fall down 7 times, get up 8. In the discussion here, I realized it could all be kept in perspective and overcome quickly!

I am a perfectionist. I do believe that contributed to my anxiety eating! It is important to follow the diet, but more important to forgive oneself and quickly move on with the mindset of success. Your honesty really spoke to me and made me reflect.
Samba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:04 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

I really appreciate everyone's responses! I have been completely OP since thus derailmentand am so happy to have this board for support. I appreciate your comments!
mtnsun4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #25  
Started IP Feb. 7, 2012

S/C/G: 230.4/218/148

Height: 5'6"

Thank you for your honesty! It's nice to know that I am not alone in this journey! I experienced something similar last week and being back OP feels great. One little cheat can definitely trigger a mudslide.
Slimrme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 280/269/150

Height: 5'4

Thank you for posting this! I needed to hear this. Had a rough week after and back OP. Its great to hear all the encouragement!
jenn2ndtimearound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #27  

S/C/G: Highest 235/196/155

Height: 5"10

I cheated and am terrified to get on the scale tonight. I have been dealing with the big C for about 3-4 weeks now. Tuesday night it was so bad I was in tears and almost went to the ER. I had to do an enema and went to the doctor wednesday morning. I know this is from this diet and leaving the doctor I was so over it, i got some nachos from a Mexican restaurant. Part of me was hoping it would make me use the restroom, and most of me just wanted normal food. Of course I only had a few bites and tried to eat the meat, but I feel sooo guilty. I felt like being this miserable with the big C is not worth losing weight this quickly and expensive.
I am determined right now to stick with it, at least for 3 more weeks which is my original time frame. I will be taking 2 weeks off because I will be in Costa Rica. I am hoping the time off will help regain focus to lose the rest of my weight
mrsdavis55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdavis55 View Post
I cheated and am terrified to get on the scale tonight. I have been dealing with the big C for about 3-4 weeks now. Tuesday night it was so bad I was in tears and almost went to the ER. I had to do an enema and went to the doctor wednesday morning. I know this is from this diet and leaving the doctor I was so over it, i got some nachos from a Mexican restaurant. Part of me was hoping it would make me use the restroom, and most of me just wanted normal food. Of course I only had a few bites and tried to eat the meat, but I feel sooo guilty. I felt like being this miserable with the big C is not worth losing weight this quickly and expensive.
I am determined right now to stick with it, at least for 3 more weeks which is my original time frame. I will be taking 2 weeks off because I will be in Costa Rica. I am hoping the time off will help regain focus to lose the rest of my weight
Yum! Nachos are on my long list of food I want once I hit goal!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:43 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I agree with 2Ride. The learning process doesn't stop once you hit goal. It sounds like you are back on the right track and that is the most important thing. Your head seems to be in a much better place too. No one is perfect, and it is not about perfection, but progress.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post

I had much better losses when I cut out anything with fake sugar (WF, Crystal Light, Mio). The only sugar substitute I use is Stevia, and I use it sparingly (even to the day). Even on maintenance, I try to avoid sugar and sugar substitutes because all it does is make me want more and more.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote