Old 02-25-2012, 08:02 AM   #16  
TexasGirl

S/C/G: 173.7/140

Height: 5'7"

Today is day #3 for me. I starting feeling bad late yesterday and have no energy this morning. I am also have the muscle aches. The biggest challenge for me is not having my coffee with creamer (it is sometimes the little things....) adding IP approved skim milk made it gross. Today I tried black with Splenda.

So far I have been 100% OP and plan to stay that way. I weighed this morning and was a little up from yesterday so got a little depressed. I think I will only weigh once or twice a week since I assume daily fluctuations are normal. I did have soy sauce last night on my stir fry so maybe it is water retention.

I am going to try the chocolate coffee drink for breakfast.

Love reading all of the posts and will enjoy the journey with all of you.

Have a great day!!!
Yatese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:03 AM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billster View Post
Welcome! The first few days were really hard for me, and I hated the food, but now I like it. Here are some tips that might help!
- Add 1 cup of roasted veggies to the soups with 2 cups of water and put in the blender before heating.
- Add a salad to your meals
- Save 1 cup of veggies for a mid or late afternoon snacks (Dill pickles worked wonders for me)
- When you make the drinks put them in the blender with ice and lots of water, gives you more volume without the loss of taste
- Herbal tea is wonderful, I drink a cup after every meal and that helps “fill” me up
It’s a wonderful diet, times will be hard and other days will be easy! Good on you for reaching out for help!
Thanks so much! Those are great tips Going to def try the blender idea for drinks!
stacie5464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:09 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatese View Post
Today is day #3 for me. I starting feeling bad late yesterday and have no energy this morning. I am also have the muscle aches. The biggest challenge for me is not having my coffee with creamer (it is sometimes the little things....) adding IP approved skim milk made it gross. Today I tried black with Splenda.

So far I have been 100% OP and plan to stay that way. I weighed this morning and was a little up from yesterday so got a little depressed. I think I will only weigh once or twice a week since I assume daily fluctuations are normal. I did have soy sauce last night on my stir fry so maybe it is water retention.

I am going to try the chocolate coffee drink for breakfast.

Love reading all of the posts and will enjoy the journey with all of you.

Have a great day!!!
I hear ya on the energy...i really noticed last night and this morning. I tried the chocolate drink in my coffee this morning. It wasn't the same as creamer but better than just black i thought. And I also tend to weigh too much...I guess I need to put the scale away except once a week lol. I'm sure yours is water retention, especially if you are staying OP...soy sauce does have alot of sodium. I'm so glad this forum is here...it's already helped me tremendously! Good luck today!
stacie5464 is offline   Reply With Quote