3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 2/17/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/253013-ip-daily-chat-friday-2-17-12-a.html)

katswimmer 02-17-2012 12:43 PM

TGIF!
I'm in the end of my first week (day six); the cravings have stopped, I've lost just short of five lbs, and am feeling pretty good. I need to find a way to stop checking the scale every couple hours though. I know logically I won't lose any (I may even gain depending on when I ate), but I want to be sure that it's working :^:

thin4me 02-17-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShanCo (Post 4219415)
I had weigh-in #6 on Wednesday and was only down 1.2 lbs. I am pretty boring about my food, pretty much the same thing every week and absolutely no cheating...but I feel like I'm stalling on my weight loss. I still have a lot of weight to lose so I'm a little disappointed, my body just seems stuck at 260...I keep getting on the scale hoping to see something in the 250's and it's not happening.....did anyone else seem to hit a plateau this early on? I limit myself to only 2 restricted's per week and am absolutely not eating anything off plan. Help???

Same thing happened to me at my weigh in yesterday, down 1.? but I've been on it long enough to know that the week before TOM is always a low number and sometimes a gain. Keep staying OP and you should be happier with next weeks number

MaMaZu 02-17-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanafromAustin (Post 4219730)
Happy Friday everyone!

Well today marks my 5th month anniversary on IP and being 100% OP the entire time. Lots of exciting things to look forward to in the coming week. Unofficially I'm just 1 pound away from onederland, my mom is coming into town next week and she last saw me 20 pounds heavier, and I'm seeing my brother and SIL the following week and I last saw them when I had just started IP 65 pounds heavier, I'm going to see my doctor who recommended I go on IP and the last time I saw here was before starting IP. And I'm leaving on a cruise next weekend. Feels like a party, LOL!

Dana- sounds like you have lots to look forward to and many reasons to celebrate; congratulations and enjoy all of it!

thin4me 02-17-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandralosingweight (Post 4219427)
I told him that I sure can't do them the way he does, but I can do push-ups on my knees (women's push-up) and slower than he does since he does them so fast, anyway, I started with him and by the time he finished his 50 push-ups, I was at my 30th, lol, but you know what, I managed to finish my 50!!! yooohooo!! Go me :)), I felt good, but what is amazing is two days after I feel now so good with my shoulders and I even feel my stomach muscles, so I decided that every other day I am going to include a 50 push-up session into my day! God it feels good.

TGIF, hope everybody is having a good one.

That's awesome, just be careful!
I go to the gym on a regular basis but usually just walk on the treadmill at an incline and then do weights. Well, I thought I'd try and tighten up my stomach muscles so did the plank and side plank and then could barely get off the mat - somehow screwed myself up so now I have to stay away for a few days to let my muscles relax as I could barely walk. Take it easy and work your way up to it especially if you haven't been doing exercise for a while.
Fun to do it together though :)

DanafromAustin 02-17-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patns (Post 4219697)
You have gotten yourself into a rut and your body is slowing down.

I expected my last 10 pounds to be really slow but I have lost the quickest in the past 6 weeks than in all the rest of the time.

I realized I was eating the same stuff over and over and had stopped making sure I was getting all my veggies in, not using any of the recipes for them.
I had also gotten down to almost no fat as I was using the individual WF salad dressings for convenience.
I also was always eating chicken breasts for my regular protein.

You are likely not eating enough for your size and your body is holding on to fat for dear life.

Go back to the protocol sheet and start again like it is your first day. Very carefully make sure you are getting all your veggies in. Same with oils, don't just count what you use in cooking, you don't get all of that in. Best to measure it out and use it on your salad. Get some fat in with your regular protein.Make sure you are getting in your restricted everyday. Get in everything on the sheet at the upper limits. Also stop jumping on and off the scale. Give your body some time to do the hard work you are asking of it.

Your body has likely gone into shock and needs to be woken up again.

Pat

Thanks for posting this. I've been telling my daughter the exact same thing, but this time I showed her your post too. My daughter is on her last five pounds and it's been going extremely slow for her. Her body fat is only 17%, and she weighs 105 pounds, but she really wants to reach her goal of 100 pounds. She is short (4'9) and very petite. She only eats chicken for her protein and she's been like this for weeks now. I keep telling her to shake things up a bit. I guess Mom telling her wasn't enough, but after reading your post she has agreed to eat something else tonight. I'm making steak tonight for dinner. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by katswimmer (Post 4219738)
TGIF!
I'm in the end of my first week (day six); the cravings have stopped, I've lost just short of five lbs, and am feeling pretty good. I need to find a way to stop checking the scale every couple hours though. I know logically I won't lose any (I may even gain depending on when I ate), but I want to be sure that it's working :^:

If the scale is making you crazy then put it away, especially if you are weighing yourself more than first thing in the morning. This diet does work. Just look around at all of the amazing stats.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaMaZu (Post 4219744)
Dana- sounds like you have lots to look forward to and many reasons to celebrate; congratulations and enjoy all of it!

Thank you so much.:)

MaMaZu 02-17-2012 01:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 41592

Down 2.2 lbs, I'll take it, yay me! Officially 30 lbs. to go. I've decided for my reward when I reach goal, I am getting a DVF dress. I have always wanted one, normally way too expensive, but appropriate for all my hard work!

http://www.dvf.com/New-Jeanne-Two-Dr...p-shop-fashion

thin4me 02-17-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4219717)
[COLOR="Indigo"][B]
Thanks for that ONE pound of fat pic...I got one for ya....here is 100 lbs of fat!!!!....THIS is a scary site...Several of us have loss THIS plus some!!

OMG that is totally disgusting! Don't ever find it again!! :)

purple sky 02-17-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaMaZu (Post 4219767)
Attachment 41592

Down 2.2 lbs, I'll take it, yay me! Officially 30 lbs. to go. I've decided for my reward when I reach goal, I am getting a DVF dress. I have always wanted one, normally way too expensive, but appropriate for all my hard work!

Too cute. Very happy and summery. Did you pick your color and style yet or will you just see how you feel then?
Congrats!

GoodEatsandWine 02-17-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Shan it took me almost 5 weeks to get out of the 270's, it was driving me crazy but I just gave it time and now I am in the 260's. NEVER be disappointed, your body is adjusting to your weight loss, IT WILL COME OFF.....TRUST the program and most importantly TRUST YOURSELF!!!

Thanks for that ONE pound of fat pic...I got one for ya....here is 100 lbs of fat!!!!....THIS is a scary site...Several of us have loss THIS plus some!!

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes yesterday, it made my day extra special. I see we have a lot of new people just starting out, which is great!!!...welcome to the IP family Each and everyone of you!!!

OH MY!

purple sky 02-17-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Shan it took me almost 5 weeks to get out of the 270's, it was driving me crazy but I just gave it time and now I am in the 260's. NEVER be disappointed, your body is adjusting to your weight loss, IT WILL COME OFF.....TRUST the program and most importantly TRUST YOURSELF!!!

Sorry Wuv, but you are in the 250's. :yes:

Jonis 02-17-2012 01:31 PM

Yesterday I saved my broccoli soup for supper and used it as a sauce for my chicken breast. So yummy!
My weigh in down another 5 lbs. Total since Jan 7th - 21lbs! Yay...
Keep on keepin' on everyone!

doublebaby 02-17-2012 01:33 PM

Weighed in this morning and officially 40 lbs GONE!! The time has flown by and can't wait to see what the next few monthes bring, er, I mean TAKE!
Have a great weekend everyone.:carrot:

wuv2bloved 02-17-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple sky (Post 4219799)
Sorry Wuv, but you are in the 250's. :yes:

:o OH MY!!!...You are RIGHT....I AM in the 250's!!!!...WOW!!!.....guess I am still in shock....lol

bethanym 02-17-2012 01:37 PM

All,

I just entered my day's allottment of food into Fitday (including 2 tsps of olive oil), and it is only 1041 calories...that sure seems low! Does that sound correct to you?

Thanks!

DanafromAustin 02-17-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Attachment 41592

I love that dress, still timeless and very classic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by doublebaby (Post 4219814)
Weighed in this morning and officially 40 lbs GONE!! The time has flown by and can't wait to see what the next few monthes bring, er, I mean TAKE!

:bravo::cp::congrat:

doublebaby 02-17-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Attachment 41592

Yes, I second that! Just really classy. Dying to know what color as well.

purple sky 02-17-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katswimmer (Post 4219738)
TGIF!

Ahhh, another scale addict like me. So, here's the basic rule of thumb, if you can handle what you see on the scale or if it cracks you up like it does me, go ahead. But, if you can't handle it and will get more upset than upset because you have convinced yourself a scale is supposed to go down every time you step on it, then step away. Don't even put it in another bathroom or bedroom. Box it away with Christmas ornaments. Tape it shut.

This is an issue for most so here comes my rant soapbox thing.

Now, I will share what I do. I only go by morning weigh-in's in my birthday suit. That's it. Nothing else counts. Nothing else matters. I do step on the scale other times and it does crack me up to see how much it will go up in a day but since it comes back down in the morning, all is well. What really cracks me up is water weight. That's a fun one. Scale is up after I chug a crazy amount of water but get then it goes down after I release. Cracks me up every time.

Sometimes the scale does something interesting. Sometimes it does very little to interest me for days. There is only one number that is important to me and it is total amount lost. Because years down the line that is all I will ever remember. The pleataus peaks and valleys will mean very little. There will only be one number that counts. The number I lost in 2012.

So enjoy weighing but if you find yourself distraught over ounces/pounds here and there it might be time to step away from the scale. Your body will do what it does when it feels like it. Some of us have more stubborn bodies than other. I know this. :goodscale

wuv2bloved 02-17-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethanym (Post 4219822)
All,

I just entered my day's allottment of food into Fitday (including 2 tsps of olive oil), and it is only 1041 calories...that sure seems low! Does that sound correct to you?

Thanks!

We don't have to keep track of ANYTHING.....its all figured out for you!....we have usually around 800-900 cals a day....IF you are following the sheet correctly there is NO NEED to track calories. When the program was designed it was designed to work with the combination of foods on the sheet. This is why this diet is so easy....FOLLOW the sheet and watch the pounds go away...NOOOOO STRESSING about counting!!!

doublebaby 02-17-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Happy Friday everyone!

Well today marks my 5th month anniversary on IP and being 100% OP the entire time. Lots of exciting things to look forward to in the coming week. Unofficially I'm just 1 pound away from onederland, my mom is coming into town next week and she last saw me 20 pounds heavier, and I'm seeing my brother and SIL the following week and I last saw them when I had just started IP 65 pounds heavier, I'm going to see my doctor who recommended I go on IP and the last time I saw here was before starting IP. And I'm leaving on a cruise next weekend. Feels like a party, LOL!

I'll bet you will have so much fun. Enjoy your family and your cruise.

purple sky 02-17-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethanym (Post 4219822)
All,

Thanks!

One day I saw DH's calorie amt and it scared me. I also get packets not full boxes and one day I saw the amt of calories in 1 packet so that scared me too. It does not now just in the beginning. I did not understand ketosis so focused on what I knew, calories. But, it is part of the reason why I am not as strict with my oil intake. I am very conservative with it but had seen improvements in bathroom time with increased oil or oil not cooked into food. And since I knew this was pretty low calorie I was not too concerned. The body will not go into starvation because of ketosis. So, it's okay. But, it's part of the reason we have to watch our exercise. Too much exercise without additional protein/packets burns a lot of calories and can send the body into starvation. Every body is different and those used to working out continue to do so.

GoodEatsandWine 02-17-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple sky (Post 4219843)
Ahhh, another scale addict like me. So, here's the basic rule of thumb, if you can handle what you see on the scale or if it cracks you up like it does me, go ahead. But, if you can't handle it and will get more upset than upset because you have convinced yourself a scale is supposed to go down every time you step on it, then step away. Don't even put it in another bathroom or bedroom. Box it away with Christmas ornaments. Tape it shut.

This is an issue for most so here comes my rant soapbox thing.

Now, I will share what I do. I only go by morning weigh-in's in my birthday suit. That's it. Nothing else counts. Nothing else matters. I do step on the scale other times and it does crack me up to see how much it will go up in a day but since it comes back down in the morning, all is well. What really cracks me up is water weight. That's a fun one. Scale is up after I chug a crazy amount of water but get then it goes down after I release. Cracks me up every time.

Sometimes the scale does something interesting. Sometimes it does very little to interest me for days. There is only one number that is important to me and it is total amount lost. Because years down the line that is all I will ever remember. The pleataus peaks and valleys will mean very little. There will only be one number that counts. The number I lost in 2012.

So enjoy weighing but if you find yourself distraught over ounces/pounds here and there it might be time to step away from the scale. Your body will do what it does when it feels like it. Some of us have more stubborn bodies than other. I know this. :goodscale

So true! I only weigh myself in the morning as well. Before I have one sip of water or anything to eat. Then I avoid the scale for the rest of the day because it will only show ANY consumed during the day.

nikkib 02-17-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksmy (Post 4219564)
Good Morning!
I just recieved my first shipment of Miracle noodles. Can not wait to try them. Anyone have any ideas for a safe red sauce? I think the WF is uggg.
Good luck to everyone today!

I make my own sauce with 1 c. tomatoes in my bullet with spices and then add another 1 c veggies on top so I have my 2 c for that meal. You can't eat it every day cause tomatoes are on the list of occasional veggies but it sure beats walden farms AND it is a real tomato sauce :)

MaMaZu 02-17-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple sky (Post 4219793)
Too cute. Very happy and summery. Did you pick your color and style yet or will you just see how you feel then?
Congrats!

I have several prints that I like, will ask my daughters opinion. My oldest has a DVF, and all 3 have great taste.
Thirty years ago I had a DVF pattern and made myself several, never out of silk though, which is her signature fabric. I used challis, which was also very nice.

Harmothoe 02-17-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Attachment 41592

Cute dress. I like your idea. I'll have to think a bit about what I want my reward to be.

chshedtchr 02-17-2012 02:39 PM

I just gotta say it again. The support on this site is fantastic. I have been around sooo much food this week at work from Hershey kisses to sugar cookies to cupcakes to dunkin donuts. Each time I see this food I want to just grab the plate and hide in a corner. Then I think about how all of you post that you are staying OP. I see all of your losses and I just walk away. I keep reminding myself I am not alone. So thank you to all of you for getting me through this week. I have not stayed on a diet for this length of time before!!! Oh and those pictures helped!!!

wuv2bloved 02-17-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chshedtchr (Post 4219929)
I just gotta say it again. The support on this site is fantastic. I have been around sooo much food this week at work from Hershey kisses to sugar cookies to cupcakes to dunkin donuts. Each time I see this food I want to just grab the plate and hide in a corner. Then I think about how all of you post that you are staying OP. I see all of your losses and I just walk away. I keep reminding myself I am not alone. So thank you to all of you for getting me through this week. I have not stayed on a diet for this length of time before!!! Oh and those pictures helped!!!

GREAT JOB!!!...YOU are in it to WIN IT!!...Keep up the great job!....putting your mind totally into this program will get you great success!!

patns 02-17-2012 02:46 PM

WUV.. sounds like the 250s snuck up on you! You are getting so close to your original goal. The bike picture seems so peaceful to me, like you are leaving all cares behind.

Dana, you said in one post you felt it was almost like a party. It is a party!!! You go girl, you have worked so consistantly.

About your daughter. You said she didn't like to take advice from m so you showed her my post. Don't tell her that was advice from Grandma! But on your comment about making steak for dinner, that was my HAHA moment. After Christmas I suddenly realized that the only time the scale moved down was when I ate out.

So I thought about what I was doing different then. I find this plan so easy when you eat out.
I usually have an 8 oz sirloin steak, whatever grilled veggies they have (it's usually peppers) and a side garden saald. I ask for olive oil and vinegar with it.
So that's how I realized I must have been missing something in my usual meals.

I have a large frame for my height, your daughter is tiny. She may have to accept that she has lost all her body is willing to let go off. She is already at a low bodyfat. It sure is worth trying to shake things up. But if heaven forbid if she may gain, I'm glad I am far north of you! Just kidding I am sure she will do fine. She has done so very well too, she has had such a good partner in you.

Well, I am very excited today. I have hit my original goal of 130! I have since moved my goal down a bit and I don't change my stats to my official weigh in day which is Tuesday.

But Purple Sky's very insightful "soapbox" thing made me remember a question I had.

I had started out at a clinic and had the earliest appointment, 9:00. When my work scheduled changed I didn't have time for the added hour each way the drive to the clinic involved. Another probably dumb issue I had was that I didn't want to get weighed late in the day which would be the only time I could get there. I know my weight is always 3-5 pounds heavier late in the day especially if I am getting my water in.

So it suddenly struck me that when we talk about goal weight are we all talking about weights at different times of the day.

I have actually been weighed later in the day several times in the past few months. This was at my doctor's office and at clinics he sent me to foe routine tests. But in each of those cases the scale weighed less than my home scale which weighs the same as the IP clinic scale.

Anyway I will count my early morning weight as my goal "official" weight as I only like to weigh once a day.

Pat

thin4me 02-17-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patns (Post 4219940)
I had started out at a clinic and had the earliest appointment, 9:00. When my work scheduled changed I didn't have time for the added hour each way the drive to the clinic involved. Another probably dumb issue I had was that I didn't want to get weighed late in the day which would be the only time I could get there. I know my weight is always 3-5 pounds heavier late in the day especially if I am getting my water in.

So it suddenly struck me that when we talk about goal weight are we all talking about weights at different times of the day.

How ironic as I thought the same thing this morning when I stepped on the scale, I get weighed at 6pm each time and set my goal weight according to what I want to be at the end, however as mentioned I always consider my morning weight to be what I should weigh and therefore may have put it 5lbs to low.
Guess I'll see how I feel and look when I get closer

bethanym 02-17-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple sky (Post 4219881)
One day I saw DH's calorie amt and it scared me. I also get packets not full boxes and one day I saw the amt of calories in 1 packet so that scared me too. It does not now just in the beginning. I did not understand ketosis so focused on what I knew, calories. But, it is part of the reason why I am not as strict with my oil intake. I am very conservative with it but had seen improvements in bathroom time with increased oil or oil not cooked into food. And since I knew this was pretty low calorie I was not too concerned. The body will not go into starvation because of ketosis. So, it's okay. But, it's part of the reason we have to watch our exercise. Too much exercise without additional protein/packets burns a lot of calories and can send the body into starvation. Every body is different and those used to working out continue to do so.

Thanks! I am pretty comfortable with Ketosis since I did Atkins in the past with much success, but low calorie counts can cause your metabolism to slow down so that was a bit of a concern.

BTW, I read the Dr. Tran book, and thought it was interesting that he stated that this diet is only to be used for a short period of time (like a month). I may end up doing this for 30 days, and then transitioning to more of an Atkins model with a little more fat. It really seems that the ketosis is the main thing, and that the lower fat intake speeds up the weight loss.

I will say that the 2 products I ate this morning (choc PB bar, cappuchino drink) both tasted better than I expected....a pleasant surprise!

bethanym 02-17-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Well, I am very excited today. I have hit my original goal of 130! I have since moved my goal down a bit and I don't change my stats to my official weigh in day which is Tuesday.

How exciting for you!!! :carrot: Congrats!!!!

purple sky 02-17-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Anyway I will count my early morning weight as my goal "official" weight as I only like to weigh once a day.

Pat

birthday suit

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethanym (Post 4219974)
Thanks! I am pretty comfortable with Ketosis since I did Atkins in the past with much success, but low calorie counts can cause your metabolism to slow down so that was a bit of a concern.

BTW, I read the Dr. Tran book, and thought it was interesting that he stated that this diet is only to be used for a short period of time (like a month). I may end up doing this for 30 days, and then transitioning to more of an Atkins model with a little more fat. It really seems that the ketosis is the main thing, and that the lower fat intake speeds up the weight loss.

I will say that the 2 products I ate this morning (choc PB bar, cappuchino drink) both tasted better than I expected....a pleasant surprise!

DH and I are doing this together. He did atkins and something else before, maybe medifast or something. He really likes this one because of the choice of food. The Capp is my favorite and the Choc PB bar is his.

I love Dr. Tran. He makes so much sense. I did not realize that he only suggested this for a month. I know he created this to help get athletes back into shape for the season so maybe a month was all they needed.

Enjoy your time with IP.

slcrews 02-17-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadu (Post 4219532)
Good Morning.

I made it through Day 1 and I must say I am not feeling the best today (head achy, hungry, tired & irritable) but I will stay OP 100%. This morning I had the herb & cheese omelet.. it was delish and it was a nice portion size too :-)

Have a great day everyone

Good Luck, I have a cup of Coffee or a cup of Hot tea, in the AM with 1 splender. That helped me with my headaches. That is all I have all day is that one cup. My coach gave me a recipe for headaches.

1/3 tsp of sea salt in 8oz of water. It will alleviate a headache within 15minutes.

Hope that helps you, it helped me in my 1st few days of the IP program

Sherry

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar098...140/187.2/.png

Slimrme1 02-17-2012 04:17 PM

My IP Center had a 2 hour workshop last night and I'm so glad I went! The guest Coach was awesome, answered my questions and cleared a few things up for me. For example, the 8 oz. of meat for dinner is the pre-cooked weight of the meat. Here I've been gagging down 8 oz. of cooked meat (Lord knows how many pounds it was before it shrunk haha) and making my bf make something else for himself when I had to take his portion to add to mine to make 8 oz! :nono: Relief! lol

Also, I didn't know that the olive oil (or whatever oil you are using - flax, etc.) should not be cooked but taken raw. No more sautéing my shrooms with oil in the frying pan. Total Newbie mistakes. :devil:

Well here I am on Day 11 and so far so good! I do have to say I've been in a pretty bad mood for the last couple days though. I'm not sure if it's IP related or not. My poor bf. :frypan:

Have a great day everyone.

:dust:

Slimrme1 02-17-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doublebaby (Post 4219814)

That's pretty fabulous! It's not an easy road so you should be proud of yourself! :bravo:

Sactolady 02-17-2012 04:49 PM

I got off work early today to see the workman's comp doctor about my shoulder. It's nothing serious, but my manager wants to make sure I can do my regular duties with a sore shoulder. I work with preschoolers and there is a lot more to my job than just watching them play. I'm always surprise that I can be this overweight when I'm on my feet almost all day long, chasing 24 3-4 year olds.

100poundfreeway 02-17-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Happy Friday everyone!

WOW you have so many great things comming up that will confirm all of your hard work! Thank for sharing this with us it reminds me to stick with it and soon I can be half way too :dance:

Keep up the amazing work! :bravo:

DanafromAustin 02-17-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Dana, you said in one post you felt it was almost like a party. It is a party!!! You go girl, you have worked so consistantly.

About your daughter. You said she didn't like to take advice from m so you showed her my post. Don't tell her that was advice from Grandma! But on your comment about making steak for dinner, that was my HAHA moment. After Christmas I suddenly realized that the only time the scale moved down was when I ate out.

I have a large frame for my height, your daughter is tiny. She may have to accept that she has lost all her body is willing to let go off. She is already at a low bodyfat. It sure is worth trying to shake things up. But if heaven forbid if she may gain, I'm glad I am far north of you! Just kidding I am sure she will do fine. She has done so very well too, she has had such a good partner in you.

First off a very big congratulations on reaching your goal. That's my goal too, but it will be awhile till I get there. You have done amazing and I always enjoy reading your post.

My daughter does look great, and I'd kill for her body fat. I know she really wants the comfort of weighing 100lbs, as she thinks (and our coach backed this up) that she might gain a couple of pounds when she gets to maintenance. She looks good a 105lbs, but not as good at 110lbs. Should be interesting to see what happens when she changes up her meals a bit.

DanafromAustin 02-17-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100poundfreeway (Post 4220145)
WOW you have so many great things comming up that will confirm all of your hard work! Thank for sharing this with us it reminds me to stick with it and soon I can be half way too :dance:

Keep up the amazing work! :bravo:

Thank you so much and I'm sure you'll be just as successful as you have the perfect attitude to succeed.

bethanym 02-17-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple sky (Post 4219987)
I love Dr. Tran. He makes so much sense. I did not realize that he only suggested this for a month. I know he created this to help get athletes back into shape for the season so maybe a month was all they needed.

I'll go back and see exactly what he said about timing tonight. But the more I read about IP and the threads where people are losing more when they add more oil, the more it sounds like IP is morphing into the New Atkins plan with more veggies and moderate fat (instead of people drinking whipping cream shakes all day). IP may have started using Dr. Tran's plan as a basis, but that is not what I see on this board or how the 'coaches' are advising people.

I think I will philosophically struggle to continue to purchase IP products if that is the case, because whole food is healthier (and cheaper). But I am going to stay OP for the next 2 weeks and gauge my progress before making any premature decisions. Basically, I'm for whatever works at getting this weight off me sooner rather than later! :D

patns 02-17-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethanym (Post 4220172)
I'll go back and see exactly what he said about timing tonight. But the more I read about IP and the threads where people are losing more when they add more oil, the more it sounds like IP is morphing into the New Atkins plan with more veggies and moderate fat (instead of people drinking whipping cream shakes all day). IP may have started using Dr. Tran's plan as a basis, but that is not what I see on this board or how the 'coaches' are advising people.

I think I will philosophically struggle to continue to purchase IP products if that is the case, because whole food is healthier (and cheaper). But I am going to stay OP for the next 2 weeks and gauge my progress before making any premature decisions. Basically, I'm for whatever works at getting this weight off me sooner rather than later! :D

Just to clarify about the oil issue. I am probably the one most excited about this. But I didn't add extra oil. I am just measuring out the 2 teaspoons allowed. I was using it for cooking before now I put it on my salad.

I was just reading another post where someone had been to a workshop at her clinic and they were told to put the oil on food, not for cooking.
I was likely told that too but forgot.

Pat