Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

oh, and Ateam, thanks for mentioning EnlightenWithZarah's youtube channel. I had never heard of it.... off to watch some videos
Old 02-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #17  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

4 weeks in as of today! Woo Hoo! It's flying by like crazy, glad to say for the last 4 weeks I've been 10000000% OP with IP!

Now I'm stalking the Fedex guy for my chocolate soy balls!

PS: Red team biggest loser for the 2nd time now! AWESOME!

Last edited by omgzitsmiranda; 02-06-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 390/312/220

Height: 6'

I was OP all week except yesterday I was a little bad for the Super Bowl. I had a small bag of pork rinds. I did make 2 awesome hamburger buns from the crepe mix! I made 2 burgers and some kholrabi fries (couldn't get them to crisp though) I ate them with a smidgen of the new Heinz 1 carb ketchup (much better than WF) I guess that will be a MOP day (mostly on program) We'll see the results at weigh in tonight and next Monday for the impact.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #19  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by le506 View Post
Icathinme- congrats on the ticker!

I'm starting day 4, waiting for it to "feel" like its all working, right now I still feel like I'm just going through the motions
Persevere and the payoff is coming big time... Almost all of us lose well the first week but day to day weigh ins at home can be misleading. If you are weighing at home, don't compare your day to day weight change, compare to your last logged official weigh-in. My official weigh-ins are at home because I'm Ideal To Go which is all done on-line. Also, the feeling better part can take a while for some. It took me several weeks to feel results but boy owdy did I ever hit the better feeling! Some weeks we lose no weight but lose significant inches. Some weeks the only encouragement is knowing that we stayed OP and feel better.

I'm so happy you've expressed your concern. Please, please persevere.:
Old 02-06-2012, 09:54 AM   #20  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurge View Post
I was OP all week except yesterday I was a little bad for the Super Bowl. I had a small bag of pork rinds. I did make 2 awesome hamburger buns from the crepe mix! I made 2 burgers and some kholrabi fries (couldn't get them to crisp though) I ate them with a smidgen of the new Heinz 1 carb ketchup (much better than WF) I guess that will be a MOP day (mostly on program) We'll see the results at weigh in tonight and next Monday for the impact.
I use the Heinz 1 carb ketchup. mmmm delicious!
Old 02-06-2012, 09:54 AM   #21  

heres a question for everybody? What are your staple "not IP" products. I don't have anything WadlenFarms or really anything 0/0/0 so if it isn't IP or isn't a vegetable I haven't had it. I'd like to do a shopping trip with everyones suggestions....
Old 02-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

I am waking up to Day 5. Feeling good!!!!

i read a lot about ketosis last night. it is a good thing I did or I would have wondered where my crazy dreams came from!

so looking forward to even more energy. I am seeing now how I kept myself in a carb slump all the time. Ugh!
Old 02-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #23  

Height: 5'9

I made it through the weekend! WOOHOO! I am rounding out my first full week on IP after my December "break" and it's looking good . My pants are getting long! Official weigh-in is Wednesday, and it's looking good!!

Happy OP day today everyone!
Old 02-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #24  

Height: 5'9

Quote:
heres a question for everybody? What are your staple "not IP" products. I don't have anything WadlenFarms or really anything 0/0/0 so if it isn't IP or isn't a vegetable I haven't had it. I'd like to do a shopping trip with everyones suggestions....
I don't use Walden Farms, I do use Crystal Light sweetened with Splenda, because my coach said I could use them, 1 or 2 a day. I use them in 1L of water too, so that spreads them out.

A quick go-to protein for us if we're running like crazy is a rotisserie chicken from a local grocery store-take off the skin, I use mustard and go to town. SO yummy! And super easy.

And experiment with spices you use on your protein meals. I've noticed that spices I used to use all the time taste a little different. Do yourself a favour and try different veggies/herb combinations. There are tons of recipes on the recipe pages in the forum, too.

Good luck, you'll do awesome!
Old 02-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Samba,
I'm also in my first week and i'm glad you mentioned something about strange dreams.. I had a strange one last night that now i cannot even remember.. And i'm also coming out of my carb slump and actually feel better already without the unneeded carbs.

le506,
I havent bought anything either outside lettuce and broccoli, cauliflour, and eggs. I need to add meat into my dinners and its been so long since i've had a good steak.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
Happy Monday!
I hope that everyone has GREAT WI's today! I have stayed OP for 2 weeks, the scales have stopped moving and only lost 1.5lbs last week, a little discouraged. Any one have any ideas?
That is a great loss! Your body will give up what and when it is ready to. As long as you follow the plan 100% all the time it will all even out
Old 02-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Mrs. Dash. I buy every flavor. I think I have about 9 or 10 now. Love them. You can use them on veggies and meat. I never get board. I also like Franks Red Hot sauce and a very wide variety of caffeine free herbal teas. Hope this helps
Old 02-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

I always have to have mustard! Archer Farms makes a smoked onion mustard that I would die for. Its the greatest thing EVER!!!!!!!!

The last week I've been feeling really nasty and tired. I think its from the alternative bars I'm using as restricted items. They have 16, 17, and 18 g carbs respectively. Unfortunately, they were the lowest carb ones of the bunch!!! I'm going to get some prot-thin bars from online though. My parents or sister can have the ones I can't use. I really hope this tiredness issue is just because of the carbs in the bars. If its not, I'm gonna be an unhappy camper.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #29  

some more basic questions (can you tell my coach is in a meeting all day today?!?)

is there a breadcrumb substitute?

are egg whites limited?

is the 2 cups prior to cooking or after? (this hadn't been an issue until I tried the cauliflower popcorn)
Old 02-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 185.5/171.5/150

Height: 5'2 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icathinme View Post
Look at me...I got a ticker! It's the small things.....
Can you please post the how-to link for the ticker. I can't find it and should long since have one. Thanks

Quote:
Icathinme- congrats on the ticker!

I'm starting day 4, waiting for it to "feel" like its all working, right now I still feel like I'm just going through the motions
It initially took me 6 full days to get in to ketosis. It will happen and boy, will you know it. You'll wake up feeling more energy and less desire to eat than ever!

Last edited by Lilmink; 02-06-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Closed Thread