Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Busymom - AWESOME!

Congrats to Wuv!

agree about the Biggest Loser

No tats here... love my pure, white Irish skin

mompattie, I cried for your loss. so unfair & heartbreaking. God Bless YOU and your family.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 209/209/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
I want to share my Mantra: If it's to be, it's up to me!

Today has been an unusually hard day for me...my daughter's anniversary was on Monday. She died at birth, my perfect wonderful baby didn't have a chance to take a breath or open her eyes. She was born still at full term due to a knot in the umbilical cord. She would have been 6 years old this year, and as the years go by, the waves don't crash as hard, but once in a while, the tide comes in and it knocks me to my knees.

Today was that day. I was good on Monday, usually around her anniversary I am super busy with my now 5 year old little boy, who brought more joy and healing that he will ever know...and my busy and amazing 10 year old....but I take time to remember her, pause in prayer, and talk about her. And every year, I can count on it now...NOONE calls me, texts me, emails me....NOTHING. My husband of course remembers and holds me as I cry, but not even my mom or my mother in law, phone me or anything. Its hurtful, it's like they have totally forgotten about her. She is their grandchild, they celebrate all of the other grandkids but on this ONE DAY a year, I would like a phone call to say, "I miss her" . I want someone to ask me how I'm doing, tell me they wonder what she would be like, what her personality would be like, and just basically support us in our loss through the years.

I'm not sure why I'm posting this here, I just feel that I needed to talk about it and you all are a safe place for me. I've been spot OP since I restarted and I will continue to be. I don't want to eat....I just want to cry.... and wish my family would remember. But then I remember my mantra "If it's to be, it's up to me". No more feeling sorry for myself, I will continue to remember her everyday and celebrate her anniversary. Life does go on, and she left many many blessings for us. The biggest one was to thank God daily for each blessing and enjoy life. And that is why IP is saving my life, so I can enjoy and LIVE!

Thanks for listening.

Sending hugs and prayers to you.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 209/209/170

Does anyone know if we can have celery root? I know we can have celery, and we can have some root vegetables such as turnip, I'm just not sure if celery root it okay.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:29 PM   #64  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Height: 5'5"

Mompattie - long distance *hugs* from me in Alberta
Old 01-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni1 View Post
Does anyone know if we can have celery root? I know we can have celery, and we can have some root vegetables such as turnip, I'm just not sure if celery root it okay.
Yes, celery root or celeriac is ok.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:44 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Dinner is on so i can't write much...very happy to join in on this tread! Woo hoo!!! And I'm getting a tattoo of the word Believe in Irish!!! Cheers!!!
Old 01-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Oh, I went to Target today, and they had a few WF salad dressings!!!! They're on the very bottom shelf in the salad dressing area, but they're there. I love that more places are starting to carry it.
Thank you for the tip.

My usual grocery store, Stop & Shop, has WF on sale 2/$5 through 2/23. The only flavor I really like on my salad is the honey dijon, but they don't stock a lot so I have stopped into the store a few times this week and that flavor is always gone. I didn't want to buy 1 bottle at a time for all of February, so I asked if the store could special order a bunch for me. The produce manager didn't blink when I said I would order at least 10 bottles (I guess I wanted him to take me seriously). He even went in the back and found today's delivery & I bought the entire case. If anyone is curious, the dressing comes 6 bottles to a case. I am happy and even save $6 over the regular price.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:50 PM   #68  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post
It's definitely a "plan ahead" recipe, but soooo worth it.

Preheat oven to 325. Lightly spray large (9x13) baking pan.

Peel off bruised or ragged layers of cabbage. Cut into 8 wedges. Arrange wedged in baking dish without crowding or won't braise. (sometimes I use 2 pans).
Drizzle 1 tbs olive oil over cabbage, add 1/4 cup chicken stock or water to pan. Sprinkle with s&p. Cover tightly with foil or tight fitting lid and bake in oven 1 hour. Turn the cabbage wedges after 1 hour, wedges may fall part when turned. If needed, add a few tbs of water..should not be dry. Replace foil and return to oven.

Bake 35-45 min longer or until really tender. Serve warm or @ room temp. Yummy!
Thanks! Sounds like something to make on the weekend. I will have to try it.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:56 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 147/147/130

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
OK OK OK....DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!......i may have stayed the same last week but this week I loss 6lbs!!!!!....I am super excited I also loss 5 inches this week. So I am short 2 days to making 9 months on the Ideal Protein Program and have loss 124lbs and 82 inches over all (hips, breast, thorax, waist, arm and thigh). I have gone from a size 36 pants to a loose size 24, Bra a VERY FULL 54DD to a 42C, and shirts from a tight 5x to a 2x almost in an XL. This has been the best 9 months in my life. I have 13lbs left to go to reach my original goal of 250lbs, once I hit that I will continue to my next and final goal of 200lbs!!.....I want to be there by my one year anniversary of being on Ideal Protein.

THIS just goes to show you that IF you stick to it THE POUNDS WILL COME OFF!!!!!
congratulations Wuv, fantastic job.

can you give us an example of what your daily menu looks like? and also do you mind if I ask, do you have issues with constipation on this diet and if so, what do you do to resolve it?
Old 01-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #70  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

Today has been an unusually hard day for me...my daughter's anniversary was on Monday. She died at birth, my perfect wonderful baby didn't have a chance to take a breath or open her eyes. She was born still at full term due to a knot in the umbilical cord. She would have been 6 years old this year, and as the years go by, the waves don't crash as hard, but once in a while, the tide comes in and it knocks me to my knees.

Today was that day. I was good on Monday, usually around her anniversary I am super busy with my now 5 year old little boy, who brought more joy and healing that he will ever know...and my busy and amazing 10 year old....but I take time to remember her, pause in prayer, and talk about her. And every year, I can count on it now...NOONE calls me, texts me, emails me....NOTHING. My husband of course remembers and holds me as I cry, but not even my mom or my mother in law, phone me or anything. Its hurtful, it's like they have totally forgotten about her. She is their grandchild, they celebrate all of the other grandkids but on this ONE DAY a year, I would like a phone call to say, "I miss her" . I want someone to ask me how I'm doing, tell me they wonder what she would be like, what her personality would be like, and just basically support us in our loss through the years.

I'm not sure why I'm posting this here, I just feel that I needed to talk about it and you all are a safe place for me. I've been spot OP since I restarted and I will continue to be. I don't want to eat....I just want to cry.... and wish my family would remember. But then I remember my mantra "If it's to be, it's up to me". No more feeling sorry for myself, I will continue to remember her everyday and celebrate her anniversary. Life does go on, and she left many many blessings for us. The biggest one was to thank God daily for each blessing and enjoy life. And that is why IP is saving my life, so I can enjoy and LIVE!

Thanks for listening.
mompattie - I am so sorry for your loss and it breaks my heart to think about how hard that must have been for your family. As Wuv said, you have a little angel looking down on you, shinning down on you from heaven, waiting for the day you will be together again. The loss of a child is the hardest loss and takes great strength to continue on and live life. I admire your strength and am sending prayers your way in hopes it will help comfort you today. God bless you and your little girl.

Last edited by Lorilou; 01-25-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:00 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Quote:

Today has been an unusually hard day for me..
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Your mantra shows that you are an incredibly strong woman, but today let us help hold you up. Prayers & hugs for you and your DH.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:08 PM   #72  

Thanks EACH and everyone of you for your loving posts. You are holding me up on a hard day, thank you for listening, thanks for the words of encouragement and insight, and the virtual hugs!! I am smiling through my tears, you are very special people. Thanks for listening and thanks for being here for me today. I have many blessings - I'm listening to my wonderful healthy amazing boys play Lego, and I remember that life is a mystery....and life is good. I choose life and IP is helping me get healthy!
Old 01-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #73  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinique125 View Post
congratulations Wuv, fantastic job.

can you give us an example of what your daily menu looks like? and also do you mind if I ask, do you have issues with constipation on this diet and if so, what do you do to resolve it?
If you read the daily thread I have posted what I eat on a daily basis and i do not have any problems
Old 01-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #74  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:

Thanks for listening.

my heart is aching and tears are streaming for you and your family.

you are a very strong woman and I sit here in admiration of you and I know your daughter is doing the same from above.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 200/158/140

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
AAAhhhh sigh of relief...to have a place to call home again Thanks wuv for starting the new thread

Woke up with a migraine this morning and i'm also much thirstier than usual..already drank 2½l.

Guess what, naked on my home scale this morning..i was 199.8. Now it doesn't count as i only consider weight on my WI day with my coach's scale but keep your fingers crossed that i get there by saturday with all my clothes on

I have already planned what i'm going to do for myself once i reach 100lbs loss

Have a great day everyone!
I did the same thing this morning! I don't get WI till tomorrow night, but it was nice to see 185 this morning
Closed Thread