Old 03-22-2012, 02:47 PM   #46  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Do they touch you or tug at you? I saw the bra lady on Rachel Ray and she was touching everywhere. I think that is why I have been hesitant to get a bra fitting.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #47  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

If you're looking for cheaper bras, definitely check out both brastop!!! They are SO much cheaper. They're always having sales and even have free international shipping every now and then. Sometimes you can get bras there (in band sizes 28 and up and I think the cups run from D-K?) for as low as $15!!!! The shipping isn't super cheap but with that sort of discount it's well worth it. Also check ebay (and ebay UK too they often have interntaional shipping).
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:35 PM   #48  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
Do they touch you or tug at you? I saw the bra lady on Rachel Ray and she was touching everywhere. I think that is why I have been hesitant to get a bra fitting.
Depends. A GOOD fitter would ask first. Ideally, you want to check, though, that if a band is tight enough that you can only fit two fingers behind it. So they might check that. If you don't feel comfortable, speak up. It's your body and you shouldn't be touched if you don't want to.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #49  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
If you want a good bra fitting, they will need to touch your breasts, yes. But you can also do a fitting on your own. Read up on runningfromfat's site.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:00 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
hehe....I will actually take a maid (aka lady-in-waiting), please?
LOL!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #51  

Quote:
Nordstroms doesn't touch or anything...she was very professional and discreet.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:02 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
If you want a good bra fitting, they will need to touch your breasts, yes. But you can also do a fitting on your own. Read up on runningfromfat's site.
They did not touch me at all and I got a very good fitting! I would be shocked if I were touched. Edit. (Well I'd be shocked if by breasts were touched.) I don't even like to get full body massages due to all the touching. I don't even like the leg massage after a pedicure!!! I didn't even think of asking if she was going to touch me but that's a great idea. Fortunately she was so good she could do my fitting without touching.

Last edited by New Englander; 03-22-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #53  
Melissa

So you did she measure you if she didn't touch you? I'm not saying manhandling you, but like a seamstress would touch you to get your measurements.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
So you did she measure you if she didn't touch you? I'm not saying manhandling you, but like a seamstress would touch you to get your measurements.
You know...I didn't even consider that touching...she did my thorax and then eyed the front of me and got my cup size. She came back with bras and they fit like gloves! I had just gotten back from my IP weigh in and was measured and that measuring is more touching than my bra fitting measuring was.

Last edited by New Englander; 03-22-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #55  
Started IP 12/30/11

I think I was assuming that the professional fitters would be just like the lady I saw on Rachel Ray. Authoriative so she just gets in there to test things out, which is not a bad thing. She has to make sure there is not space where there shouldn't be but when she ran her hands along the seam to prove her point, I was like whoa. The women (not models) were probably prepared but may have been taken aback. Still I learned a lot because of the before and afters. What runningfromfat has explained made so much sense. I could see myself and what my problems were and could better understand how I could go to a smaller band but larger cup
Old 03-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #56  

Quote:
I think I was assuming that the professional fitters would be just like the lady I saw on Rachel Ray. Authoriative so she just gets in there to test things out, which is not a bad thing. She has to make sure there is not space where there shouldn't be but when she ran her hands along the seam to prove her point, I was like whoa. The women (not models) were probably prepared but may have been taken aback. Still I learned a lot because of the before and afters. What runningfromfat has explained made so much sense. I could see myself and what my problems were and could better understand how I could go to a smaller band but larger cup
I was okay with it and I'm not a fan of any touching from strangers. Other than not having a top on (with bra still on) my experience was no different than being measured by my IP coach. It's such a good feeling (both physically and mentally) to have bras that are my correct size.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #57  
Started IP 12/30/11

Thanx ladies. About 10 lbs from now I think I will go and get fitted. But since my original goal is approaching I have another treat in mind for myself. I did get some new bras that fit now and there is no puckering. I just feel I need to be sized for the long term.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:43 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatetolosegirl View Post
Have anyone tried the comfortisse or genie or Aah bras? They are one size fits all bras based on t-shirt sizes. Meaning to try those but not sure if they will look like sports bras.

I have the Genie bra and am consdering order something similar from QVC. They are comfortable to wear. I am not sure the look is the most flattering as there is not lift and seperate. For me, they do not create the uniboob as badly as a sports bra does. They are stretchy and I hope to use them until I get down to bra investment size!

Last edited by Samba; 03-22-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Samba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:52 PM   #59  

The brand I purchased at both Macy's and Nordstroms is Wacoal. Both stores had them on sale and they were originally priced at $48 and $65. On sale they were in the low $30s. This is way more than I usually spend but I sort of felt like treating myself...DH doesn't know the damage of my purchases today...
Old 03-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #60  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
The brand I purchased at both Macy's and Nordstroms is Wacoal. Both stores had them on sale and they were originally priced at $48 and $65. On sale they were in the low $30s. This is way more than I usually spend but I sort of felt like treating myself...DH doesn't know the damage of my purchases today...
That brand doesn't fit me well - too wide or something. I've tried so many of their bras and all of them fit me funny.