Old 01-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 213/168/130

Height: 5'5

Default Have to have surgery

Hi! I'm fairly new to the boards - lurking mostly but started posting a few weeks ago. Been doing Matol/IP since Sept 19th and I am down 38 #. I just got back from the doc's and I have to have neck surgery. UG. Seems I have spinal cord compression and that is why I have been losing my balance.

So, question is - anyone had to undergo major rehab/recovery while on the program? I will be out of work for 2 months. Not able to drive (THAT is going to make me crazy!). So, any tips, hints, horror stories!? Still trying to take this all in.

It's a good thing I am not working out like a mad woman! I LOVE IP!

Thanks - Susie
Lakewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

I'm sorry I can't help you with your question, but I did want to wish you a speedy recovery. My coach calls this the couch potato diet, so not being able to work out shouldn't be too much of an issue with this plan. Just think how much thinner you will be when you are able to get out and about again. Something to look forward to for sure.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:30 AM   #3  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewood View Post
Hi! I'm fairly new to the boards - lurking mostly but started posting a few weeks ago. Been doing Matol/IP since Sept 19th and I am down 38 #. I just got back from the doc's and I have to have neck surgery. UG. Seems I have spinal cord compression and that is why I have been losing my balance.

So, question is - anyone had to undergo major rehab/recovery while on the program? I will be out of work for 2 months. Not able to drive (THAT is going to make me crazy!). So, any tips, hints, horror stories!? Still trying to take this all in.

It's a good thing I am not working out like a mad woman! I LOVE IP!

Thanks - Susie
Best of luck with the surgery, Susie, and I hope it solves the problem totally. And we aren't qualified to answer your question. Here's where really good, informed coaches and doctors are a real asset. I can tell you thought that I have seen IPers who have had major surgery recommended to both quit the program and stay with it, depending on the surgery, whether or not weight is a factor, whether or not they need additional nutrients or supplements, etc. I hope you discussed this with your surgeon/GP or will soon. But let them know a little bit about the program before you discuss it; don't just go in cold. OK?
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:12 AM   #4  
INACTIVE

Good luck and get better! I will be cheering for the Broncos with you this weekend
SomedayBubblySomeday is offline   Reply With Quote