Old 09-29-2010, 11:21 PM   #1  
here I am again :(

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Default Now I realy need help to get out

Hi everyone this is my 4th week, and lately is been really hard for me to stick to the plan strictly, like I used to at the begining. I have to cook 1 delicious breakfast for mu hubby and my kids while I have to eat the same things everyday, not only that, but I also have to cook my favorites foods for lunch and dinner and make the most delicious snacks throughout the day, while I have to eat my veggies. I've been cheating for 3 days, by eating pieces of white string cheese, or other things, not sweets, because I know that it will stop my ketosis, but I've been having cheese, and have tried some of the foods I cook also. I do not want any negative commnts, I already have enough of the guilty part, and and very angry about myself. I only need some motivation which I dont have, and possitive advises please. Did anyone did this? How did you make it stop?
biggirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:38 PM   #2  
Choco-holic Expert

S/C/G: 165/158/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi there. I am not sure how much advice I can give you. I, myself, am in my third week and had a cheat day and fell "off the wagon". It was so hard for me to stay away from all the foods I love, but after I had that cheat (pizza AND sweets) my body was so angry with me. Now, I know that it isn't worth it, as I felt so yucky afterwards.

You are stronger than you think. Try to find a good support system (like the people on here)... You can do it!
crimsonorchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:55 PM   #3  

Hi there,
I am trying to get myself back on track after taking the summer off the IP program, but I do have advice - and, no, I will not judge you or give you negative comments.

There are a few things you could do to help, including what you have for breakfast. If you're having a shake, change it into a smoothie or make it a pudding.

Another thought - while your family is sitting down to enjoy the fabulous meal you created for them, you could busy yourself with doing the dishes, cleaning, making green tea for yourself... just do anything to keep yourself from sitting at the table. I know it sounds very "housewife-ish", but it works for me.

Hope that helps! Stay strong and remember that Phase 1 is short term.
pookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:30 AM   #4  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

For me....I just remind myself how much I am spending and I resist all urge to cheat...plus no cheat means a fast march to the finish line and that keeps me running....but I can't speak because I am just under 3 weeks.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:37 AM   #5  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Why not have your family each meat/fish, lettuce and vegetables WITH YOU?

My husband and 15-year-old have been great about supporting me and understanding. In fact, my husband loves the fact that we have all these vegetables in the house all the time! That's not to say that they don't order pizza every once in a while, or go out to dinner together (with my blessing), but my eating habits are the priority in the house right now.
amylew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/164/144

Height: 5'2

I think it is very normal after a number of weeks to get bored with the routine, doesn't mean the diet isn't great or that a person is weak willed....we are human and we like a bit of variety!
I remember when I first started IP, at around a month to month and a half I was so fed up with what I felt was such a restricted plan. I was happy with the weight loss but if I had to deprive myself and eat another veggie I was going to lose it.
Some of the things that work for me (meaning haven't stalled my weight loss & have allowed me to keep my sanity) are: stick to protocol and eat an extra packet if I am still hungry, if I cheat I use IP products, if I am just having cravings that won't go away, I swallow a teaspoon of olive oil (tastes gross but fat fools the brain satiety centre), I go onto 3 Fat Chicks and read frantically through all the inspiring posts, I will sprinkle pure cocoa into some of my foods if it is chocolate I want, I use flax and pyslluim husks in almost everything to add bulk into my food.
My kids are grown so I don't have to make meals for them but we all eat supper together with everyone eating the same meat & veggies.
I found that the temptation to cheat diminshed over time as my taste buds changed and now the feeling only comes along once in a while.
Start some advance planning about how to tackle the situation, then you will be prepared when these feelings hit you.
Good luck. You can do this!!
mommajen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Default Long Night!!

Hmmm, woke up about 3:30 and couldn't get back to sleep, was hungry so drank some water, still couldn't sleep and still hungry Soo got up to read and had a bag of IP garlic and onion soy nuts....hope that doesn't screw me up, but was a lot better than eating the chocolate chips in the baking supply cupboard!!! Yuk...haven't had a night like this for a long time!!!

So....Good Morning Everyone!!! Another great IP day ahead of us...hope everyone has a great one
Journeysend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:29 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/165/154

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggirl86 View Post
Hi everyone this is my 4th week, and lately is been really hard for me to stick to the plan strictly, like I used to at the begining. I have to cook 1 delicious breakfast for mu hubby and my kids while I have to eat the same things everyday, not only that, but I also have to cook my favorites foods for lunch and dinner and make the most delicious snacks throughout the day, while I have to eat my veggies. I've been cheating for 3 days, by eating pieces of white string cheese, or other things, not sweets, because I know that it will stop my ketosis, but I've been having cheese, and have tried some of the foods I cook also. I do not want any negative commnts, I already have enough of the guilty part, and and very angry about myself. I only need some motivation which I dont have, and possitive advises please. Did anyone did this? How did you make it stop?
I am so aware of what you are going through. As I too have to fix breakfast, lunches and dinner for small kiddos and sometimes hubby. When I eat my protein for dinner (because I sometimes eat for lunch) I do make my family eat what I'm eating. Now it's fish/steak/sometimes grilled chicken and veggies. I do have to cook some veggies that I can't have but as long as I have mine I'm good. I have also done lunch out, either salad at a restaurant or if I'm with family I'm requesting we can do where they will have something for me. We were eating out lots prior to be starting this diet but with the money I'm spending we are fixing/cooking things at home for dinner now. I am lucky enough to do lunch 2/3 times per week out because those days I'm home all day is alot tougher resisting snacking of all the junk I have in my house for my family. Reading the boards and seeing the pics motivate me to continue. Hope you can stick with it.
LAShutterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

I have traveled quite a bit while on this program for the last 3 months on two of these trips I have cheated. Had a few drinks, eaten some good food(not terrible but not on program) had one dessert. All tasted great!! When I have come home I have not felt good at all, first time just for a day. But the second time it took 4 days and it was like starting over. I also felt very grouchy telling myself that I was tired of this IP life. I quickly reminded myself that my clothes are smaller and fit and I have been feeling fantastic, I looked at pictures of me because when I look in the mirror I still look the same and I am almost at my goal. I agree that changing up your IP packets can help too. You can do this, just get back on the IP wagon!!! Keep reading peoples posts and remember everyone has these feelings, don't beat yourself up!!
mbswainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:44 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

I've only been on this program for 1 1/2 weeks, so hardly qualified to give advise, but this is what motivates me.
Keep in mind that quote that someone (I can't remember who) has on here, "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!" I really believe that. Think of what you are going to look like, and how people are going to react, in just a few short weeks once you've lost another 10 + lbs.
At the rate that I am losing, I will weigh less next week than I have for about 10 years. All this is exciting stuff!
My coach says "keep your eye on the prize". Our minds are sneaky things and can either sabotage us or motivate us to do great things. I just keep telling myself this diet is NOT hard, I am NOT hungry, and, boy, am I going to look great in a relatively short period of time. I've said before here that the hardest thing for me to give up was wine. But it's not been as hard as I thought, and I am so happy to know that it doesn't control me like it was. I am in control of this, and that is a good feeling.
You can do this too. ****, you've already done SO GREAT! Just keep doing it.
kaarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:58 AM   #11  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

hugs *biggirl86* -- I'm lucky that hubby fixes the food. I think I'd cheat every day if I prepared the meals. I was bored of the IP diet just 1 week into it!!! I'm the type of person who eats something different and new every day.
RhondaLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:21 AM   #12  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Ask Hubby and kids for support, either eat good food like you or to prep their own meals.
deinekatze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:20 PM   #13  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Hi everyone this is my 4th week, and lately is been really hard for me to stick to the plan strictly, like I used to at the begining. I have to cook 1 delicious breakfast for mu hubby and my kids while I have to eat the same things everyday, not only that, but I also have to cook my favorites foods for lunch and dinner and make the most delicious snacks throughout the day, while I have to eat my veggies.
We've all been there, and feel your anxiety--sometimes IP is really, really hard. You're already seeing good results, so you are doing good things.

One thing I have toss out (as a person in phase 4). This is one of those things nobody told me when I started, of if they did, I didn't get it. It finally dawned on my as I started Phase 3, and I totally freaked out, so I offer it now as friendly advice, and hope it does not sound harsh.

You may want to start thinking now about how you (and your family) are going to eat once you are done with IP. If the delicious meals that you are making for your family include pasta and fats and sugar, and all the kinds of things that made you gain weight in the first place, then you will need to start planning now for what that means for the rest of your life.

IP is different from WW or lots of other plans. Once you lose the weight, its not like you just back to what you were eating before only in smaller portions. You will only ever eat that kind of food once a week for the rest of your life. So, developing new, healthful recipes now is a really important part of the process, and then you will be ready to transition into new eating habits for the rest of your life.

I know some of it is just the ingredients--on phase one you can't have certain veggies, etc. And that will change as you move to phase 4. But some things--or for me--many things (creamy sauces, sugar desserts or snacks, pasta-based meals, casseroles, fried foods, rice, etc.) will never be part of your regular meals, unless you are ok with gaining the weight back.

So you may be facing the rest of your life cooking one meal for you and the rest for your family, unless you can begin to make changes now to develop a cooking repetoire that will work in phase 4.

All this is a long way of saying, give yourself permission to insist on a healthful eating situation for your family now. You deserve it, and you need it. And you will be helping your kids avoid developing insulin resistance and all kinds of health problems in the future.

You are working so hard (and spending a lot of money) to get this weight off. And you want it gone forever. This WILL be the last diet you will ever be on if you follow all the steps. But the steps include phase 4 protocol for the rest of your life. I hope this is not a bummer message, it is meant to help give you the confidence to ask for what you need now and in the future.
Rocky Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:37 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 184.6/155/145

[/QUOTE]You are working so hard (and spending a lot of money) to get this weight off. And you want it gone forever. This WILL be the last diet you will ever be on if you follow all the steps. But the steps include phase 4 protocol for the rest of your life. I hope this is not a bummer message, it is meant to help give you the confidence to ask for what you need now and in the future. [/QUOTE]

Very well said!!! This is a life event!!
hunter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:45 PM   #15  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
Why not have your family each meat/fish, lettuce and vegetables WITH YOU?

My husband and 15-year-old have been great about supporting me and understanding. In fact, my husband loves the fact that we have all these vegetables in the house all the time! That's not to say that they don't order pizza every once in a while, or go out to dinner together (with my blessing), but my eating habits are the priority in the house right now.
Hang in there. The longer you're on, the easier it gets to avoid cheats. Seriously, someone has brought donuts into the office every day this week. I don't even want one. In fact, they really look kind of gross.

I do most of the cooking at my house. For dinner, they eat what I eat, but they'll add some pasta or rice. This is normally not a big deal. Since I do the most of the shopping (hey, when you do the cooking, it helps to do the shopping too), I tend to stock up on things I can eat. If it's too tempting, don't buy it and don't make it. If they complain, tell them to make it themselves.

Now, then...that was redundant...
salesgod is offline   Reply With Quote