Old 01-07-2012, 09:36 PM   #16  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

They can be less carbs. Also don't forget your olive oil and sea salt.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:38 PM   #17  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Buh! I knew I forgot something lol. I will run out first thing tomorrow and grab some!

Any ideas on how to use it up? The salt I can figure out, it's mainly the olive oil. I'm not used to that at ALL!
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
Buh! I knew I forgot something lol. I will run out first thing tomorrow and grab some!

Any ideas on how to use it up? The salt I can figure out, it's mainly the olive oil. I'm not used to that at ALL!
I use the olive oil to roast my veggies and spritz it on my fish before I cook it. I've also used it in a marinade for my cucumbers and onions. Also, remember to use the sea salt liberally. I know we're conditioned to stay away from the salt shaker but in most alternatives there isn't nearly as much sodium as is in the IP packets so I tend to sprinkle it on everything.
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:17 AM   #19  
Gotta keep trying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
I use the olive oil to roast my veggies and spritz it on my fish before I cook it. I've also used it in a marinade for my cucumbers and onions. Also, remember to use the sea salt liberally. I know we're conditioned to stay away from the salt shaker but in most alternatives there isn't nearly as much sodium as is in the IP packets so I tend to sprinkle it on everything.
Thanks for the tips
Old 01-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #20  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:

I use the olive oil mostly on my vegetables when I roast them. We've always used olive oil in the house for cooking, but now I go through a bottle like crazy. Everything taste better with some olive oil on it.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #21  
My friends call me Darrel

S/C/G: 414/314/215

Height: 6'2"

You might try the sprayable olive oil for cooking. I think it's easier to distribute. When I use the pour type I tend to use too much anyway. Another way to get the oil into your day is to make your own salad dressing. I make mine with olive oil, cider vinegar, mustard, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
I think on the restricted items it's suggested not to have them for the first 2-3 weeks to maximize your weight loss. But regardless only 1 per day.
tykesplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #22  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

I drizzle the olive oil on my salads. That way I can measure the amount I'm eating.
SewingMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #23  
Gotta keep trying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tykesplace View Post
You might try the sprayable olive oil for cooking. I think it's easier to distribute. When I use the pour type I tend to use too much anyway. Another way to get the oil into your day is to make your own salad dressing. I make mine with olive oil, cider vinegar, mustard, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
I think on the restricted items it's suggested not to have them for the first 2-3 weeks to maximize your weight loss. But regardless only 1 per day.
Do you think spraying it to cook a hamburger steak for dinner one night would count? or does it have to be on the actual food like a salad with it ON IT?
Old 01-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #24  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Do you think spraying it to cook a hamburger steak for dinner one night would count? or does it have to be on the actual food like a salad with it ON IT?
You don't need to spray the pan to cook a hamburger steak, it makes its own juices, well at least mine does, but I wouldn't use THAT much as to have to count it. Your minimum is the 2tsp, some days I use it somedays I use more just depends what I am cooking most of the times. But I do use it on my veggies and to make stir fry.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #25  
Gotta keep trying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
You don't need to spray the pan to cook a hamburger steak, it makes its own juices, well at least mine does, but I wouldn't use THAT much as to have to count it. Your minimum is the 2tsp, some days I use it somedays I use more just depends what I am cooking most of the times. But I do use it on my veggies and to make stir fry.
That's true, I just using that as an example. I didn't know if that would technically count or if I had to put it into my salad or something like that
Old 01-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #26  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Pure Protein chocolate peanut butter, tastes pretty good. 16 carbs, 2 sugars, 20 protein, 6 fat.
Pure Protein chocolate deluxe, not as good, hard to chew. 17 carbs, 2 sugar, 20 protein, 4.5 fat.
There is also a chocolate chip kind that I'm out of, those are the best of the three I've listed.
Adkins Advantage bars taste better, but aren't as IP appropriate.
Cookies and Cream, 20 carbs, 1 sugar, 15 protein, 9 fat.
Caramel double chocolate crunch, 22 carbs, 1 sugar, 10 protein, 9 fat.
Caramel choc pnut nougat bar, 18 carbs, 1 sugar, 10 protein, 11 fat.
Caramel fudge brownie bar, 19 carbs, 1 sugar, 10 protein, 9 fat.
They also have a peanut butter and chocolate bar, but I don't have a box of those. They have more protein and a little less carbs than the ones I listed. My husband likes to eat these Adkins bars.
Those are the only bars I'm familiar with.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #27  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

I would also suggest buying some butter buds. I couldn't have lasted on IP without it.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #28  
My friends call me Darrel

S/C/G: 414/314/215

Height: 6'2"

Quote:
I don't spray the pan for burger. But I do for pan cooking shrimp, chicken, venison, peppers, and so on. It also works great for roasting veggies. One of my favorite is fresh broccoli and cauliflower floretts sprayed with olive oil, salt and pepper, some garlic powder, and maybe some other seasonings. Roast at 350 until they done to your preference.
tykesplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:00 PM   #29  
Started IP 12/30/2011

S/C/G: 207.6/194.5/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
I would also suggest buying some butter buds. I couldn't have lasted on IP without it.
butter buds? what is that?
1FineChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #30  
Gotta keep trying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
who makes those? what kinds of things do you use them on?