3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Saturday 12/31 - Sunday 1/1/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/249382-ip-weekend-chat-happy-new-year-saturday-12-31-sunday-1-1-12-a.html)

Wuvs Mom 12-31-2011 01:12 PM

O WOW!! I must have started partying early. 1012 really!! LOL!!!!!

galpal445 12-31-2011 01:16 PM

This is my first day on the forum but my 4th week on the Ideal Protein plan. What a great way to start out the New Year. Am looking forward to getting rid of my excess weight once and for all by using the Ideal Protein plan.

Happy New Year everyone!

DanafromAustin 12-31-2011 01:35 PM

Happy New Years everyone!!! :celebrate:

Since the weather is so beautiful out today and they lifted the burn ban (major drought in TX) we have decided to BBQ tonight and then later we are going to the movies. We will be back in time to watch the clock in Time Square on TV.

Hope everyone has a wonderful and happy 2012. This will be the year we all reach our goal - amazing and wonderful.

Pamelama 12-31-2011 01:48 PM

A beautiful last day of 2011 here in CA. 65 degrees, sunny, beautiful. Spending the evening in with the family tonight. Maybe watch a movie. Doubt I'll make it till midnight, haha.

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy new year! May there be "less of us" in 2012.

Pam

wuv2bloved 12-31-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wuvs Mom (Post 4150612)
O WOW!! I must have started partying early. 1012 really!! LOL!!!!!

LOL...Mom, go edit your other post silly!!

Paint Lady 12-31-2011 03:01 PM

Having a bunch of kids over tonight for a bonfire and fireworks! Bought hotdogs and buns and stuff to make s'mores for them. I usually let the kids drink sparkling grape juice out of my champagne glasses. This is a typical New Year's Eve for us. I'm making stuff I can eat early and will just bring it out by the fire when it's time to eat. We aren't big drinkers anyway, so that definitely won't be an issue. I can't drink around my children. I guess when I'm in parent mode, I can't just relax and have a beer or a glass of wine. Been that way since the first one was born. It's not anything that I set out to do, it just happened. Happy New Year's Eve! Be careful and mindful of those who don't make good choices tonight.

ptod 12-31-2011 03:27 PM

Happy New Year! New Year - New You (and me too ;) )!

Wishing everyone continued success in the new year!

Let's celebrate every day - :carrot: :broc: :dance:

Giniwarrior 12-31-2011 04:26 PM

Last year the snow was deep by now....this year it forgot to show up. Weird for our part of the country. Hmmm. Found a favorite drink combo that keeps me verrry happy. Soda water with equal parts of Torani's Black Cherry sugar free syrup and Chocolate sugar free syrup. Taste like chocolate covered cheeries. Yummm. Will be staying home for New Years. Its just too crazy in this resort town. So Happy New Year everyone. I do have a interesting question though. It is an odd one. I wonder if fat has memory? I will go from happy to sad and back again for no apparent reason as I lose the weight. I know weird.

patns 12-31-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trinique125 (Post 4150601)
Happy New Year Everyone!!

Just had my WI and I'm down another 2 lbs yayyyy
This time I will make my goal, never been there, tried for 8 years on WW because I thought it was the only diet out there for me. I was soooo wrong. So happy I started IP. My goal can finally become a reality. My dream can finally come through. 14 lbs in 5 weeks AMAZING

Have a good day everyone:)

Good for you!!!! That is amazing.

Pat

Junetwin11 12-31-2011 04:50 PM

[QUOTE=Giniwarrior; I wonder if fat has memory? I will go from happy to sad and back again for no apparent reason as I lose the weight. I know weird.[/QUOTE]

Interesting: I too get mixed emotions, but the feeling of being in control, finally, is so good. I am sad sometimes to be letting go of the "fat old me". The "new me" is what I believed I could be. My dreams of a "slim me" have come true. And it can for everyone. :hug:

Marionm 12-31-2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matolmama (Post 4150468)
:newyear:yesterday i had a hula hoop delivered that i had ordered online (weighted and adult size). okay i am 52 and i have not hooped since i was a child, well imagine my suprise when i actually was able to keep it on my waist, nothing fancy but spinning all the same. wow, what a fun way to work on abdomen muscles etc. i do need to move some furniture a little bit to make room, hahaha. :D

I have to admit that sounds like fun! I'm not sure if it would hurt or help the bursitis I currently have though....

Determinedat47 12-31-2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TracyAWC (Post 4150556)
Had WI - up .6 between unscheduled off program 24 hour Christmas Eve/Christmas and then Monday TOM. Back OP as of Monday though and still not in ketosis. I'm ready to plow through the next four weeks tho and see what I can get DONE!

If you are 100% on plan, you most definitely would have been in ketosis by Wednesday.

Angelique06 12-31-2011 05:34 PM

I would like to wish everyone a safe & Happy New Year.

This is the first year we are going out as we usually stay home as it is our daughter's birthday. We are getting together with all our friends from "the lake", I was hoping not to "reveal" myself until we all go camping in May, however I am so looking forward to seeing each other sooner.

shelly ann 12-31-2011 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giniwarrior (Post 4150805)
Last year the snow was deep by now....this year it forgot to show up. Weird for our part of the country. Hmmm. Found a favorite drink combo that keeps me verrry happy. Soda water with equal parts of Torani's Black Cherry sugar free syrup and Chocolate sugar free syrup. Taste like chocolate covered cheeries. Yummm. Will be staying home for New Years. Its just too crazy in this resort town. So Happy New Year everyone. I do have a interesting question though. It is an odd one. I wonder if fat has memory? I will go from happy to sad and back again for no apparent reason as I lose the weight. I know weird.

Gini - funny you should mention this as I just read an article on cell memory and obesity that one of the UWMC physicians is participating in. I'll see if I can find the link. It was pretty interesting. -Shelly

shelly ann 12-31-2011 10:24 PM

Here's the link to the article on obesity and and how it changes the brain - sorry I said it was cell memory. Anyhow, it's interesting.

http://www.washington.edu/news/artic...nduced-obesity