Old 12-14-2011, 09:13 AM   #16  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
thanks everyone... I think my biggest problem is that I am feeling 'comfortable' at the weight I am at currently, know what I mean??

everyone is full of compliments on how good I look and I feel great with my new body BUT I feel myself falling into that trap of "I have done so well, I deserve it".

tomorrow I will be 100% OP and I will go from there.

thanks again for all of the kind words!
There is something important about finishing what you started. I know for me when I have lost a lot of weight in the past I would start hearing the compliments, and I never would actually finish what I started. You're getting so close Sara. Get to your goal, and then listen to the compliments.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #17  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
It's rough...I think I'm a little cranky because of it (lol)...but I'm sticking to plan. I've been on it too long to cheat and push my end date forward. I promised myself 110% until the bitter end. So if I buckle now, that means I'm longer on the diet...as much as I love what this diet it, I'm starting to be ready to be in maintenance.

I wasn't going to bake, but then made 10 batches of poppycock (cause that's what I give away at work and I'm not changing THAT part...people ask for it months in advance. lol) and didn't have one lick/taste/bite...not that I didn't want too, I just decided I wanted to say I did it and stayed OP. It's sitting in my office, half of it given away the other half waiting to give away.

Just think at the end of the month...everyone will be joining a gym and making resolutions to lose weight. We're already there, we don't have to make that resolution we can make other ones (be nicer to ourselves etc.) In fact, I plan on losing weight over the holidays!

The little bits here and there could bounce you out of ketosis and that definately won't keep the cravings away.

Keep your eye on the prize, the deeper I'm into ketosis the easier it seems to get.
I agree. You have already gone too far to just have to start over... and focus on something other than losing weight for a new years resolution...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
thanks everyone... I think my biggest problem is that I am feeling 'comfortable' at the weight I am at currently, know what I mean??

everyone is full of compliments on how good I look and I feel great with my new body BUT I feel myself falling into that trap of "I have done so well, I deserve it".

tomorrow I will be 100% OP and I will go from there.

thanks again for all of the kind words!
I tend to not take a compliments well... but This has whats gotten me before when I have lost weight. I would hear how good I look and I would get comfortable hearing it, Then I would take a nibble hear and there... then before you know it you've gained back everything you tried so hard to lose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
There is something important about finishing what you started. I know for me when I have lost a lot of weight in the past I would start hearing the compliments, and I never would actually finish what I started. You're getting so close Sara. Get to your goal, and then listen to the compliments.
I just try to tell myself I am doing this for ME. and I don't want to please anyone else at this time... This is probably I stay with my crappy boyfriend, because doing something new could mess me up!
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:18 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 276/270/185

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
This is a tough one. I've chosen not to bake this year, although I've done baking while on IP.

On the few occasions I have baked, I've kept gum on hand and kept chewing like a fiend. I think one little lick could easily turn into a whole lot of cheating.
Great idea!! I keep gum on-hand at all times, but usually chew it when I'm running errands or what-not. Never thought of chewing it while cooking! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystyblue85 View Post
It's not so much an individual item as the attitude that comes with the holidays...everyone is always like "youre not gonna DIET that day, are you?" (my hubby being the worse offender) and I have to stand my ground and look like a nut or feel guilty for taking a bite of something delicious that I literally wont have for another year...makes me so angry, but I guess I can deal with it.
This is how I feel sometimes, too. It's not just one thing with me, it's the whole time of year. Cannot wait for it to be January already!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly ann View Post
Yes, it's definitely a tough time of the year. I do love to bake the holiday treats. It was hard to go over to my sister's this weekend and have her sit a big batch of cookies in front of me (yes me) and then say "don't eat any of those". Do people really not get it. Guess not. That's one reason I don't like telling anyone that I am on a diet. I feel like I am always being watched or tested; especially when it comes to family.

Thanks for the reminder, Ishbel about keeping your eye on the prize and staying deep in ketosis. It's good to retreat to this forum for support.
I feel ya!! I always feel like everyone is eating and then they are watching to see if I stick to what I've said I'm going to do or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
awe :/ I believe we all have those thoughts Sara. I especially had inklings of those thoughts when I hit the 100 lbs mark....they were just whispers in the back of my head. It shocked me...I was like "WHAT THE HECK is THAT thought! GIT OUT OF MY HEAD!" So I really actually analysed it (I'm a girl after all) and decided I needed some preventative measures. So now instead of saying I've lost 106 lbs (WI in later today)....I say "I have 34 to go". So that my verbal acknowledgment is where I have go to not where I've gone.

I discussed this with my support (sisters/mama/VIP). My sister was especially impressed with my thought process. She said from the outside looking in, it was interesting that I figured it out and put something into place that will help me continue to my goal.

I know you can do it. You've done fantastic!!!
Great advice!! Thanks!!
rbtemplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #19  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

thank you for the wonderful advice everyone.

perhaps it's because I am closer to my goal then I have ever been and weigh less then I have ever weighed as an adult.... I feel really good BUT I would love to get to my goal and feel really GREAT!
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:57 AM   #20  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Mom... I know what you are feeling, I am struggling lately just because I am not used to having this many slow weeks in a row, but that's because I am so close to being done.
You just have to push through, you know what your goal is, and as you said you have never made it this far before, just remember each day is an accomplishment.
It will be over before we know it.
Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:11 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 206/174/160

Height: 6'0"

This is the worst time of year for trying to not only stay on track eating wise, but to maintain some sort of regular schedule with sleeping, water, etc.

I have 3 holiday parties to go to this week, the first being tonight. ...I'm a super social person, and alcohol is ALWAYS involved in these situations. Where as before, I would be the encouraging everyone to drink, it's going to be SO hard to stay away from even "one drink".

I love this time of year. Where as this holiday season might be a little less jolly sans the cookies, alcohol and other food, I know in the long run, staying on track will make me happy. You just have to keep the end goal in mind. The sooner we get this over with, the sooner we can incorporate a more 'normal' lifestyle!
sarahmayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:33 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 147/147/130

Height: 5'0

I'm struggling too, although not cheating, I miss the goodies.
We are having our office xmas party tomorrow and it's gonna be hard. Wish now I had waited until Jan to start lol.
Trinique125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:10 PM   #23  
Peggy

S/C/G: 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I haven't cheated but I do miss the goodies. I plan to bake this year and I plan to stay OP. I have 4 children one of which is still at the age to believe in Santa and such. I'm not going to alter our traditions because I can't enjoy the treats. Next year I will be able to and my little one will most likely no longer be a believer in Santa and such. Of course all is easier said than done. I baked at thanksgiving without a problem so hopefully it will carry over into the Christmas baking. I'll maybe have a chocolate drink to sip on while I'm baking to help curb the desire to lick the spoon and such.
Magicpinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:45 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 295/240/210

Height: 5'10"

I miss fruit the most. Christmas oranges at this time of year. Next year.
chod45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:25 PM   #25  

Height: 6'0

Hi all, I postponed my first weigh in until tomorrow so that my daughter and I can go in together. I expect a good loss, as during this week I had my TOM, and I always drop after that. The next weigh in will be a iffy- I am not giving myself permission to cheat, but this long awaited weekend getaway will be hard to keep OP. anybody know of some IP friendly restaurants in downtown Denver? We are staying downtown, and do not intend to drive once we get there, so any suggestions on how to have that elegant dinner with your number 1?

Cheers

Lmflora is offline   Reply With Quote