Old 11-18-2011, 09:36 AM   #1  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Unhappy Went through the most devastating experience of my life - Need Support

Hello Everybody,

It’s been a while that I did not write in here. As some of you already know about me that I am the kind of person who weigh herself everyday, get paranoid if I gain quarter of a pound on any given day, and I used to report my losses everyday in here… and all of a sudden… I stopped… and here is my story as of why:

Two weeks ago, I had this strong feeling that I am pregnant, this kind of feeling that only a pregnant woman know to describe. I immediately chose to stop doing IP and start eating as healthy as possible. I started getting all these pregnant symptoms: being nauseous after eating, sore breast, a heavy feeling on my lower back, headaches, etc. I got so excited about the idea that my biggest dream of my life might be coming to be a reality soon. I started thinking about everything related to having a baby, I even started looking to see where I can get clothes diapers… silly me… My period was late, and I got more and more excited. For the fun of it, I took these online ‘’am I pregnant quizzes’’ and they all gave me a positive answer that I might well be. I bought a home pregnancy test and unfortunately it showed negative, except that I did not want to believe it, since my period did not show yet and I was still having all the symptoms of an early pregnancy, I still had hope, and I waited impatiently to take another test to finally see two lines showing instead of one… unfortunately, today I got my period, it is here, there is no denying anymore, no hoping, no dreaming.

It is the most devastating experience that I have been through, I did nothing but crying all day long yesterday and still I have tears in my eyes as I am typing this, my eyes are so swollen!

Anyway, life happens and I am 100% back OP now and I want your much needed support to go through this as strong as possible.

Thank you very much for all your replies.
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Sandra, i am SO SO sorry. Even though i have children. When me and my boyfriend got together about 4 years ago, we both knew we wanted more children. Every month i felt like i had all the symptoms for my period to always show up (often late), it was devastating and could not figure. After 1+ years of trying, we did the fertility test where it showed that my dh had become sterile (probably due to his diabeties)...it was heartbreaking to find out that i would never get to experience having children with him.

Are you usually regular? I know IP screws up with your hormones. Are you still feeling that way? Cause some women still get their TOM even when pregnant.

Maybe this is a sign to show you how ready you are and maybe its time to start trying.
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 326.8/see sig/190

Height: 5'2"

Sandra I'm so sorry for this experience.

There really are no words to help the pain go away.

I have had similar painful experiences and I know no matter what anyone says they don't understand how you feel.

Great job getting back OP and continue the journey to make your body the healthiest it can so that some day soon a little one will nestle in.
bludolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:58 AM   #4  
Restart March 2013

S/C/G: 209.7/205.4/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hello Everybody,

It’s been a while that I did not write in here. As some of you already know about me that I am the kind of person who weigh herself everyday, get paranoid if I gain quarter of a pound on any given day, and I used to report my losses everyday in here… and all of a sudden… I stopped… and here is my story as of why:

Two weeks ago, I had this strong feeling that I am pregnant, this kind of feeling that only a pregnant woman know to describe. I immediately chose to stop doing IP and start eating as healthy as possible. I started getting all these pregnant symptoms: being nauseous after eating, sore breast, a heavy feeling on my lower back, headaches, etc. I got so excited about the idea that my biggest dream of my life might be coming to be a reality soon. I started thinking about everything related to having a baby, I even started looking to see where I can get clothes diapers… silly me… My period was late, and I got more and more excited. For the fun of it, I took these online ‘’am I pregnant quizzes’’ and they all gave me a positive answer that I might well be. I bought a home pregnancy test and unfortunately it showed negative, except that I did not want to believe it, since my period did not show yet and I was still having all the symptoms of an early pregnancy, I still had hope, and I waited impatiently to take another test to finally see two lines showing instead of one… unfortunately, today I got my period, it is here, there is no denying anymore, no hoping, no dreaming.

It is the most devastating experience that I have been through, I did nothing but crying all day long yesterday and still I have tears in my eyes as I am typing this, my eyes are so swollen!

Anyway, life happens and I am 100% back OP now and I want your much needed support to go through this as strong as possible.

Thank you very much for all your replies.
Oh sweetheart, I know its hard, I had a smilar experience in October, I was 3 weeks late, so I took a preg test and it was positive...imagine my surprise as my husband had a vasectomy 2 years ago(but never went back to get tested) So I immediately stopped the program and went to see my Dr...I was so excited! But a little scared as I was on a low dose chemo treatment for my rheumatoid arthritis this past may and I was told that it took 6 months to a year for the drug to completely leave your system...the Dr confirmed my pregnancy but the following Monday I started to bleed and I knew that I was miscarrying. I was so devastated, but I know that these things happen...its so hard when u get your hopes up and then they are crushed...I wanted to sit down and eat a big bowl of ice cream( I am an emotional eater)...but I didn't I knew I needed to get right back OP...I am so proud of you for doing the same! A baby will happen for you, this was just not the right time for it to happen...this program can do funny things to your TOM and its hard when u get your hopes up...I know that my experience is not the same as yours but I do know how hard it is when u get so excited only to have your hopes and dreams crushed...u came to the right place for support! I will be thinking of you
bandsmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandsmartin View Post
Oh sweetheart, I know its hard, I had a smilar experience in October, I was 3 weeks late, so I took a preg test and it was positive...imagine my surprise as my husband had a vasectomy 2 years ago(but never went back to get tested) So I immediately stopped the program and went to see my Dr...I was so excited! But a little scared as I was on a low dose chemo treatment for my rheumatoid arthritis this past may and I was told that it took 6 months to a year for the drug to completely leave your system...the Dr confirmed my pregnancy but the following Monday I started to bleed and I knew that I was miscarrying. I was so devastated, but I know that these things happen...its so hard when u get your hopes up and then they are crushed...I wanted to sit down and eat a big bowl of ice cream( I am an emotional eater)...but I didn't I knew I needed to get right back OP...I am so proud of you for doing the same! A baby will happen for you, this was just not the right time for it to happen...this program can do funny things to your TOM and its hard when u get your hopes up...I know that my experience is not the same as yours but I do know how hard it is when u get so excited only to have your hopes and dreams crushed...u came to the right place for support! I will be thinking of you
Sorry about what happened to you
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

WOW, I'm so sorry Sandra

bandsmartin ;/
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:37 AM   #7  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Sandra, I know how excited you were, I am so sorry, There are no words that any of us can say to you to make the pain go away just know that we are here for you no matter what it is. You have all of our shoulders(screens) to cry on. You did the right thing by getting back OP, everything happens for a reason, remember that, we just don't know why they happen.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Sandra, I am so sorry. I have been through this too and your right, it is the worst feeling in the world. For me it took a long time to get pregnant and then I had problems all throughout pregnancy. I ended up losing 3 babies before they could be born. It is the worst pain a person can feel. I was so happy to be pregnant and then torn when I lost it. After a few miscarriages I tried not to attach myself to the fetus emotionally because of the pain of losing him/her again.
The body is a funny thing and the mind is a powerful thing. Your period was probably late because you were willing it to be.
With all my pregnancies (5), I didnt have symptoms until 2 mo. along and the only indication of pregnancy was the missing period.
Try to keep a clear mind and don't stress about it, that will only make your body tense and less receptive.
We are here for you.
Ryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:46 PM   #9  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Sandra, my heart is breaking for you. No one can know how you feel, but over the course of trying to get pregnant with my son I had 2 miscarriages. I was devastated each time. I am so amazed that you jumped right back OP, you are doing wonderful things for your body, including making it a safe and nourishing place to grow a baby! I am praying for strength and peace for you as you continue on this journey. God Bless xxxx
Tuscany123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #10  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

My heart hurts for you Sandra. I know that its not going to be easy to put on a happy face and everyything will be back to normal again but it will get easier I promise you. I'm so proud that you went right back OP. Just remember to lean on others for support right now and that all of us here are here for you. (((((BIG HUGS)))))
frazzledmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

you have my support and everyone else here. God has a different plan for you. Focus on ideal protein, and getting lean and healthy. You will be happy you did.So when the time comes to have that baby you will have the tools to stay at a great weight, teach that child the right things to eat and have ENERGY to chase the little guy around!
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:57 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Sandra, I am so very sorry about your news. I, too, believe that things happen for a reason and while that is not exactly comforting to hear maybe it can help you gain another perspective on the situation. You already know you are a strong woman because you have done so well on the IP program. Not to mention the strength it takes to publicly share what has broken your heart.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:58 PM   #13  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

I feel your pain and im sorry you had to go through that...I know what its like to feel that kind of dissapointment. There were many times where i thought i was pregnant but i wasnt. I remember sitting on the toilet in tears... In fact, one time, i thought i was pregnant, and then i had my period and thought because of all the clotting, i had lost a baby. I went to the E.R. in tears and had a gyno look at me only to tell me i wasnt actually pregnant, it was just a period...i felt even worse.. so i know how you must feel...

All i can say is..just keep hoping and praying...and keep your head up..
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 250/171/152

Height: 5'5

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry to hear about your situation. I have been through something very similar. It really isn't an easy thing to go through. So I'm just leaving a short reply assuring you that my thoughts are with you, and I wish you luck in the future. You will make a wonderful mother one day!
I believe in you!
Tessa
tessilette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:20 PM   #15  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

I also wanted to say how sorry I am. Your story brought back so many memories for me. So many times I thought I was pregnant only to find another negative pregnancy strip. So difficult when for other woman getting pregnant looks so easy. I also believe that there is a plan out there for all of us, although at times it's really hard to understand what it is. I finally did get pregnant, but my daughter was born very prematurely (24 weeks). She did survive and is now 23 years old. We tried again when she was 5 years old, but once again lots of disappointments. We later went on to adopt our beautiful son who is now 13 years old. As the saying goes, "life happens when we are making plans." Hang in there and happy to hear you are back on plan. You want to be at your healthiest when it is time for you to have a baby either born under your heart or in your heart as our adoptive son was. Either way they are all a blessing.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote