Old 11-03-2011, 11:14 AM   #1  
Restart March 2013

S/C/G: 209.7/205.4/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Any Saskatchewan/Alberta?

Hello All...Wondering how many from Alberta/Saskatchewan are here? I am into week 7, I am down 25lbs and 27 inches I am new to the forum. What a wonderful information tool this place is! I have found so many tips and great recipes. My coach just doesn't seem to have all that much knowledge and what knowledge she does have seems to contradict what she tells my friend(who started at the same time as me). I know that there are variations to the program but these are huge discrepancies...for example she told my friend to take a break at 4 weeks for a few days but told me not too. Taking a break??? Is this a good idea?
bandsmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:31 AM   #2  
ON IP Since November 1

S/C/G: 191/175.6/125

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandsmartin View Post
Hello All...Wondering how many from Alberta/Saskatchewan are here? I am into week 7, I am down 25lbs and 27 inches I am new to the forum. What a wonderful information tool this place is! I have found so many tips and great recipes. My coach just doesn't seem to have all that much knowledge and what knowledge she does have seems to contradict what she tells my friend(who started at the same time as me). I know that there are variations to the program but these are huge discrepancies...for example she told my friend to take a break at 4 weeks for a few days but told me not too. Taking a break??? Is this a good idea?
Morning, I am from calgary and today is day 3 for me, my coach has not advised me to take any breaks and I have not heard of this in any of the forums I have read so far, weird. Depending on where you are I know there are like 5 clinics in Calgary that offer the program I am sure if you called one of them or all of them you could find out what the deal is.

Congratulations on your success on the program, I havent had my first weigh in yet and I am kinda scared, I have been following IP 100% and I am finding I feel full all day and that freaks me out, all the diets that I have lost weight on I have had those hunger pains and not having them makes me nervous that it is not working.
AshGFonIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:44 AM   #3  
Restart March 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshGFonIP View Post
Morning, I am from calgary and today is day 3 for me, my coach has not advised me to take any breaks and I have not heard of this in any of the forums I have read so far, weird. Depending on where you are I know there are like 5 clinics in Calgary that offer the program I am sure if you called one of them or all of them you could find out what the deal is.

Congratulations on your success on the program, I havent had my first weigh in yet and I am kinda scared, I have been following IP 100% and I am finding I feel full all day and that freaks me out, all the diets that I have lost weight on I have had those hunger pains and not having them makes me nervous that it is not working.
Don"t worry about the "full" feeling...I always feel full all day! When you step on that scale for your first weigh in, you will be so excited! My first week was 8.7 lbs and 7 inches...it inspires you to keep going and not worry about the little things! Good Luck!
Old 11-03-2011, 01:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Taking a break is definitely not part of this program. In fact taking a break on plan requires three weeks (minimum) planning to transition through phase 2 and 3 so you don't muck up the work you've been doing to retrain your pancreas.

There really aren't that many variations on the program, I'm wondering if your friend perhaps asked about a specific event and the coach answered the question (eg. I'm planning to eat and drink at an office party) - that isn't on plan, but a coach might provide guidance on how to minimize the impact if people are determined to go off plan.
BCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:13 PM   #5  
Restart March 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCGirl View Post
Taking a break is definitely not part of this program. In fact taking a break on plan requires three weeks (minimum) planning to transition through phase 2 and 3 so you don't muck up the work you've been doing to retrain your pancreas.

There really aren't that many variations on the program, I'm wondering if your friend perhaps asked about a specific event and the coach answered the question (eg. I'm planning to eat and drink at an office party) - that isn't on plan, but a coach might provide guidance on how to minimize the impact if people are determined to go off plan.
Actually I asked her that same question and she said that her coach had suggested taking a couple of days off...I am starting to get the feeling that she doesn't know what she's talking about. When I ask questions like...how many calories are we getting a day, she tells me that we are getting between 1100-1200, which I know I am not getting because I use myfitnesspal and I have never gotten more than 850 in a day. So I told her how many I had been getting and she says that I must be using the wrong calorie counter. ??? I thought that there was only one way to count calories and that's pretty standard ...she really frustrates me...I just don't feel confident in her ability to coach me through my weight loss.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:31 PM   #6  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm in Sask. Have been on program since July 27th and am down 40lbs. Not sure what my total inch loss is though. I'll have to have my coach add it up.

No, I don't thinking taking a break is a good idea.
YvetteSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:21 PM   #7  
Restart March 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteSki View Post
I'm in Sask. Have been on program since July 27th and am down 40lbs. Not sure what my total inch loss is though. I'll have to have my coach add it up.

No, I don't thinking taking a break is a good idea.
I agree taking a "break is a bad idea!"
Old 11-04-2011, 03:03 PM   #8  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Thought I would add... Yes it takes you out of ketosis and then you would have to start all over again, and how many times does she think through the program one should "take" these breaks... sounds like she wants repeat customers to come in for products... she must be in it for the money.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:25 PM   #9  
Restart March 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Thought I would add... Yes it takes you out of ketosis and then you would have to start all over again, and how many times does she think through the program one should "take" these breaks... sounds like she wants repeat customers to come in for products... she must be in it for the money.
I agree with you! That is the impression I am starting to get...I have started to look for a different center, I just feel like we are not being given the tools needed to be successful now and as we progress through the phases!
Old 11-04-2011, 04:21 PM   #10  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Yeah exactly, I couldn't imagine having to start over again and again. That seriously doesn't make any sense.
YvetteSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #11  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 234/234/150

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Quote:
I agree with you! That is the impression I am starting to get...I have started to look for a different center, I just feel like we are not being given the tools needed to be successful now and as we progress through the phases!
Hi, I'm from Vermilion, but I stopped in a center in Lloydminster last week and they were very helpful and gave me more info than my coach did in Vermilion did. The name of the place is Just For You Health and Wellness and their number is 780-875-4606. Do you know where The Sticks is? They are just upstairs in the same building on 44 street/Highway 16. Hope that helps a little. Also they have lots of Walden Farms products that we can use on IP as well. If you have any more questions just let me know and hae a great weekend!

lkp888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:23 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Hi, I'm from Edmonton. That is very strange advice to take a break.
But if you follow the protocol sheet for phase 1 exactly you will do fine. If whatever she tells you isn't on the sheet then it just ain't so!

Nice to meet you all.
Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:44 PM   #13  
Restart March 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkp888 View Post
Hi, I'm from Vermilion, but I stopped in a center in Lloydminster last week and they were very helpful and gave me more info than my coach did in Vermilion did. The name of the place is Just For You Health and Wellness and their number is 780-875-4606. Do you know where The Sticks is? They are just upstairs in the same building on 44 street/Highway 16. Hope that helps a little. Also they have lots of Walden Farms products that we can use on IP as well. If you have any more questions just let me know and hae a great weekend!

Actually I started with a new clinic yesterday...I called and left a message on Thursday and the coach phoned me back yesterday and asked me to come in that evening...I am excited to be starting with a new coach...I already feel inspired to stick with it...The girls at Shoot for the Starts are wonderful and very supportive...I did like the other clinic...I just wasn't crazy about the lack of info and support...I feel bad for leaving but I need to feel like I matter and not like I am just a name on a file folder that my coach could never remember
Old 11-05-2011, 06:09 PM   #14  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Actually I started with a new clinic yesterday...I called and left a message on Thursday and the coach phoned me back yesterday and asked me to come in that evening...I am excited to be starting with a new coach...I already feel inspired to stick with it...The girls at Shoot for the Starts are wonderful and very supportive...I did like the other clinic...I just wasn't crazy about the lack of info and support...I feel bad for leaving but I need to feel like I matter and not like I am just a name on a file folder that my coach could never remember
Hi, I'm from Saskatchewan and started IP on May 14, 2011 and I am down 60 pounds and 71". I also go to Shoot for the Stars and they are awesome there, very supportive, friendly, and helpful. Their clinic is a 80 mile (160 round trip) drive for me to get there, but is worth the drive just to have such great coaches and the friendly atmosphere. They greet us by our names when we walk in the door and never make us feel like we are just a number on a file. Recently a new IP clinic has started up much closer to home for me to drive to, but I will continue driving to Shoot for the Stars because I enjoy going there because of all the great support and friendliness of all the staff there. Congratulations on your success so far, you are doing great!!

I agree, I don't think taking a break for a few days at the 4 weeks is the right idea either.
grannyto2bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #15  
Starting WB 2/11/13

S/C/G: 266.2/201.8/160

Height: 5'4

Hi Everyone.

I am from Red Deer, AB. I drive out to ponoka every two weeks to weigh in all because of the two coaches that run their clinic, they are amazing. They always call me to check in here and there and make sure I am doing alright. I started on October 19th. My first weigh in I lost 10.2lbs in two weeks. I do not own a scale at home so that I am not constantly on it. I have been wanting to do this diet for a long time, it just took forever for finances to work out for me to be able to do this. I am doing the diet along side my step-mom, she has been on it for quite a bit now but it was because her and seeing her all the time look better, I joined.
I have a wedding in March in Jamaica where I am the maid of honour so I am hoping to be down quite a bit by then. I am very exciting to be on this journey and can't wait to see the end result.
lindsayk86 is offline   Reply With Quote