Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 01:03 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 11/3/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 11-03-2011, 01:28 AM   #2  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

Good news for me didn't even come from my WI this week. Saw my doc about my ongoing back pain which I think comes from dropping nearly 60lbs. But the exciting news for me was that my BP was 112 over 68. Considering I used to be on a low does of high blood pressure meds I was very happy to see the results of the diet other then my weight.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:41 AM   #3  
Restarting IP 2/14/2014

S/C/G: 279/264/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Guy View Post
Good news for me didn't even come from my WI this week. Saw my doc about my ongoing back pain which I think comes from dropping nearly 60lbs. But the exciting news for me was that my BP was 112 over 68. Considering I used to be on a low does of high blood pressure meds I was very happy to see the results of the diet other then my weight.
'

Congrats on your NSV!! It's awesome that your body is reflecting the changes on the inside as well as the outside!
Old 11-03-2011, 03:45 AM   #4  
Restarting IP 2/14/2014

S/C/G: 279/264/160

When I was doing IP earlier this year, I worked a pretty normal schedule. Now that I'm restarting, I'm working night shift (I can sleep some during my shift), but I also don't necessary sleep a good stretch during the day because I'm struggling getting used to it. Anybody have any ideas on how I should structure my meals? I've just been eating like a normal day and nothing at night, but I don't know if that's best!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:44 AM   #5  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Trying to get back into the exercise groove a little this week. I walked 2.5 miles on Monday, went to yoga on Tuesday, went to pilates yesterday plus all the field trip walk I did, and hopefully can squeeze a walk in my schedule today. Having some sore muscles from my classes but feels good to move again. Exciting to start running and training again soon-thinking December.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:07 AM   #6  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Guy View Post
That is great news about your BP going down..plus losing 60 pounds! This program really works!
Old 11-03-2011, 08:10 AM   #7  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatiN View Post
When I was doing IP earlier this year, I worked a pretty normal schedule. Now that I'm restarting, I'm working night shift (I can sleep some during my shift), but I also don't necessary sleep a good stretch during the day because I'm struggling getting used to it. Anybody have any ideas on how I should structure my meals? I've just been eating like a normal day and nothing at night, but I don't know if that's best!
I would think that you would need food during your 8 hours to keep going. Could you structure 2 meals during your shift and one when you wake up during the day? I am sure that night shift takes getting used to..even in just sleeping patterns.
I would go with..when do you feel hungry and how is your energy at work?

Last edited by Maile; 11-03-2011 at 08:11 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:12 AM   #8  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyz4us View Post
Trying to get back into the exercise groove a little this week. I walked 2.5 miles on Monday, went to yoga on Tuesday, went to pilates yesterday plus all the field trip walk I did, and hopefully can squeeze a walk in my schedule today. Having some sore muscles from my classes but feels good to move again. Exciting to start running and training again soon-thinking December.
Your exercise campaign sounds good. What are you doing in Dec?
Old 11-03-2011, 08:41 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Happy Thursday fellow IPers. I tried something new for breakfast this morning. I used the vanilla pudding as a shake and made in my blender with about 11 oz water and a handful of ice and added some berry pomegranate Mio. It tasted just like the mixed berry Yoplait smoothies I used to drink! There seems to be a lot of mixed feelings about the Mio, but since it is 0/0/0 I use it quite frequently, as for the Sucralose I have seen that is in Splenda too. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day with either SV or NSV.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:57 AM   #10  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Good morning everyone,

I, also, tried something new for breakfast today, but it turned out to be a complete disaster, lol.

I am using alternatives, and today, I thought, since we can make a crepe out of the IP cereals, why not try it with the my protidiet oatmeal, and last time I did, the crepe did not turn well, do today, I thought why not try it into muffins, so... I did, I added 2 egg whites to the packet + some water, some baking powder and some vanilla, I made them into 4 muffins and backed for about 20 minutes.... That was really not a big success... they were glued to the cupcake wrapper I used and they were so chewy... They did not have a good texture, but they tasted ok... Anyway... all this to say I am not the greatest cook of all lol.

I lost another pound this week, I know I could have done better, but there were couples of days were I chose to go off plan, now I am back 100 OP.

My total loss is 45 pounds since I started IP.

Hope everyone is doing great.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:57 AM   #11  
started IP 10/10/2011

S/C/G: 356/337 or see ticker/190-200

Height: 5'11

Hello all,

Im kinda mad at myself this morning. For the first time in 4 weeks I gave in and had a bad meal for dinner last night. NOOOWW im hating my self as the scale has gone up 2lbs with my WI tomorrow. I know now that the few mins of having fun are not worth the lbs that come with it. Also since my TOM has ended I have been retaining a lot of water weight. I hope my coach doesn’t count this a total cheat. She has a 2 cheats and out of the program policy. I guess I learned my lesson.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:59 AM   #12  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

G`day IP people. I usually start my day with a restricted. A caramel delight bar, I love them so much. I actually slept in, but not running late. But I feel sooo happy and so good. Ready to take on the world. Yahoo! I hope everyone has a good day
Old 11-03-2011, 09:01 AM   #13  
1st-10/1/11, 2nd-5/23/12

S/C/G: 164.5/151.2/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Happy Thursday fellow IPers. I tried something new for breakfast this morning. I used the vanilla pudding as a shake and made in my blender with about 11 oz water and a handful of ice and added some berry pomegranate Mio. It tasted just like the mixed berry Yoplait smoothies I used to drink! There seems to be a lot of mixed feelings about the Mio, but since it is 0/0/0 I use it quite frequently, as for the Sucralose I have seen that is in Splenda too. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day with either SV or NSV.
Great idea! I'll be trying that

My fourth WI is today. Excited to have put this week behind me. It's been a rough one! TOM, Halloween, personal issues that normally would have sent me head first into the Halloween candy, etc. I'm hoping for at least a 3# loss, but will be happy with any loss. I really am starting to feel the difference in my body. I am wearing the clothes that I had put away thinking "I'll never fit into those again". It's wonderful! I'll be back later to post about my WI. Have a great Thursday everyone!
Old 11-03-2011, 09:45 AM   #14  
Restart March 2013

S/C/G: 209.7/205.4/150

Height: 5'9"

Wow everyone here is such an inspiration!!!! I have been leering around for on here for awhile now but this is my first post...I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good cold medication that won't kick me out of ketosis. I am having a hard time finding one that will work and I just can't seem to get over this cold...please hel
Old 11-03-2011, 10:02 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 276/270/185

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingitforchell View Post
Hello all,

Im kinda mad at myself this morning. For the first time in 4 weeks I gave in and had a bad meal for dinner last night. NOOOWW im hating my self as the scale has gone up 2lbs with my WI tomorrow. I know now that the few mins of having fun are not worth the lbs that come with it. Also since my TOM has ended I have been retaining a lot of water weight. I hope my coach doesn’t count this a total cheat. She has a 2 cheats and out of the program policy. I guess I learned my lesson.
I know how you feel!! I am in week four and go for my 4th WI today. I struggled all week...TOM coming up. I had a rough weekend and it only made my funky mood worse!!
All we can do is put it behind us and move on! Hopefully these lessons will help us to be better prepared in the future!! Best of luck with your WI tomorrow!!
Closed Thread