Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 10:23 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 298.8/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Happy Halloween everyone!
I made it through! I didn't touch the candy at all. It's looking me in the face and I keep telling it no way, you're what got me here! I had my caramel crunch bar and it was delicious and OP. Helped my daughter make cookies yesterday for her class also, didn't even get tempted! I'm finally able to feel confident that I can do this
Great job everyone at making it through Halloween! To all the newbies, do t fret over first weigh in, you made the right choice and if you follow the plan, your bodies will change and the weight will come off!
Old 10-31-2011, 10:44 PM   #62  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Good for you Marion! You had a rough week.

Has anyone's coaches mentioned anything about extra protein at the regular meals? I read on here that the new guidelines say 8 ounces. I wonder if it makes a difference with a person's size?

The reason I'm asking is because I had my regular meal at lunch. Hubby BBQed pork chops and the one I had was bigger than usual about 6 ounces.
Since then I'm feeling like I cheated because I am so full and it's 7 hours later. I'm not even tempted by all the Hallowe'en goodies left over. Hubby is helping out by eating all the little Cadbury bars. It's a tough sacrifice but someone has to do it.
I was actually wondering about that myself because my first time around it was 4oz, now the sheet says 5oz and I'm seeing people mention 8oz. I thought that was only for fish.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:48 PM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
I was actually wondering about that myself because my first time around it was 4oz, now the sheet says 5oz and I'm seeing people mention 8oz. I thought that was only for fish.
My sheet says 5 to 8 oz of any protein. Somewhere along here I have read that the protocol has changed and I'm not sure if all coaches/clinics are up on it.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:07 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandallismom View Post
My sheet says 5 to 8 oz of any protein. Somewhere along here I have read that the protocol has changed and I'm not sure if all coaches/clinics are up on it.
So i guess it doesn't specify the size of the eater. But it never did; I guess it is common sense if you are shorter that you would likely go with the smaller amount although even 5 ounces is more than it used to be.

Good job on avoiding the candy, I'm making hubby eat all the left over little Cadbury bars.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:12 PM   #65  

Quote:
So i guess it doesn't specify the size of the eater. But it never did; I guess it is common sense if you are shorter that you would likely go with the smaller amount although even 5 ounces is more than it used to be.

Good job on avoiding the candy, I'm making hubby eat all the left over little Cadbury bars.
I'm sending all of ours to the school Fall Fun Fair, they play games and win prizes, usually all Halloween candy and chips or pencils etc.

Lol I tried to get my hubby to eat the candy and he won't. He sees how well I'm doing and he has lost weight also just by making better choices. My hubby thinks I'm trying to sabotage him
Old 10-31-2011, 11:22 PM   #66  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
I made the mock mashed potatoes with the IP chicken soup and even with addiing a lot more cauliflower - it came out like soup! Any thoughts???
Thanks!
When I made mine I didn't use any soups but I would use less water if it came out soupy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Hope you all had a "Spooktakular Halloween". We had about 60-65 little trick 'r' treaters. I just love Halloween. Handed out little Halloween bags of Utz pretzels, 3 muskateers, snickers & kit kat, as well as little Halloween hand sanitizers from Bath & Body works ( just to the older girls). I also made homemade gingerbread for some of my housebound friends and delivered them earlier today.... Relaxing and watching "House" with hubby.
Welcome all the newbies and congrats on the losses.
Bella, is HOUSE a nut or what??....I love that show!!

Quote:
Good for you Marion! You had a rough week.

Has anyone's coaches mentioned anything about extra protein at the regular meals? I read on here that the new guidelines say 8 ounces. I wonder if it makes a difference with a person's size?

The reason I'm asking is because I had my regular meal at lunch. Hubby BBQed pork chops and the one I had was bigger than usual about 6 ounces.
Since then I'm feeling like I cheated because I am so full and it's 7 hours later. I'm not even tempted by all the Hallowe'en goodies left over. Hubby is helping out by eating all the little Cadbury bars. It's a tough sacrifice but someone has to do it.
I have always had 8oz since the start..my page says 5-8oz but I love my meat so I always have my 8oz.....lol

Quote:
Happy Halloween everyone!
I made it through! I didn't touch the candy at all. It's looking me in the face and I keep telling it no way, you're what got me here! I had my caramel crunch bar and it was delicious and OP. Helped my daughter make cookies yesterday for her class also, didn't even get tempted! I'm finally able to feel confident that I can do this
Great job everyone at making it through Halloween! To all the newbies, do t fret over first weigh in, you made the right choice and if you follow the plan, your bodies will change and the weight will come off!
Quote:
I'm sending all of ours to the school Fall Fun Fair, they play games and win prizes, usually all Halloween candy and chips or pencils etc.

Lol I tried to get my hubby to eat the candy and he won't. He sees how well I'm doing and he has lost weight also just by making better choices. My hubby thinks I'm trying to sabotage him
Glad to see you are back, I was just thinking I hadn't seen you around here lately. Sounds like you are staying on plan which is a great thing. My son tells me all the time I feed him the stuff I can't have....lol....but really I don't....lol...I was just having my shake and he said man now I want one and went to McD's....lol
Old 10-31-2011, 11:54 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Ishbel and Wuv - here's the recipe we used:

IP Chicken soup
2 cups cauliflower
pepper
real salt
garlic powder
onion powder
Mrs. Dash ( flavor of choice)
spray butter (i can't believe it's not butter)

Make IP soup
Put cauliflower in the food processor
then add soup and seasonings and food process
warm in microwave if needed and flavor with spray butter and pepper and salt.
So good! It's like eating mashed potaters

I'm thinking maybe we should have added the soup as a seasoning, rather than making it up as soup and than adding it in???

Last edited by Sherwood; 10-31-2011 at 11:58 PM. Reason: typo
Closed Thread