Old 10-31-2011, 12:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 234/200/125

Height: 5'0"

Default Thanksgiving food ideas?

I've been searching for recipes and food ideas of foods I can eat on Thanksgiving, but I can't seem to find any. Obviously I can eat 8 oz. of turkey I was also thinking I could make the green bean casserole using 1/2-1 cup green beans with the IP cream of mushroom soup packet. I can't have the French's dried onions but I maybe I could try seasoning the crispy cereal with onion (?), or even use the SW cheese puffs crumbled over the top. I know I could also have ACV cucumber onions. Any other ideas? What about for dessert?

If I have the green bean casserole as part of dinner, then should I just eat 2 cups veggies for lunch, since I can't have more than 3 IP packets a day? (Right now I've been on Ph1 since July).
want to be me again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

We already had Thanksgiving in Canada. I had lots of turkey. I read a tip on a thread here later, I wish I had seen it before dinner. It was to add a bit of water to the chicken soup to make a gravy.

Last edited by patns; 10-31-2011 at 12:45 AM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:57 AM   #3  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE

Ingredients:
3 Packets IP Mushroom Soup
12 Oz. Veggie Broth (The water for the soup) 1 ••• teaspoon Bragg Liquid Aminos
2 Containers of sliced mushrooms ••• teaspoon ground black pepper
teaspoon Real Salt (Mix of Onion & Garlic)
3-5 cloves of garlic (minced)
1-2 teaspoons Olive Oil 8 cups cooked cut green beans 2 Packets of ground Sour Cream & Onion Soya Puffs
••• Red Onion
••• teaspoon Onion Powder
1 teaspoon Fresh or spice Dill
TIP: 2 bags (16 to 20 ounces) frozen green beans, 4 packages (9 ounces each) frozen green beans or about 3 pounds fresh green beans.
Slice Onion into rings and spread minced garlic, some salt, and dill with olive oil over onions. Bake in oven for 15 minutes at 300 (just to soften them)
If using fresh green beans slightly steam for 3-5 minutes to soften.
Soup Mix - Stir the soup, veggie broth &/or water, Braggs, black pepper, beans, other spices, some mushroom slices – mix in blender.
In 3-quart casserole dish mix the green beans, mushrooms, 1 package of crushed IP Sour Cream & Onion Puffs and soup mix. Then top off with the rings of slightly cooked red onions and 1 package of crushed IP Sour Cream & Onion Puffs
Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Ready to serve. Optional – Mix before serving
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:59 AM   #4  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

MASHED POTATOES
Ingredients:
1 head of fresh cauliflower
Onion powder
Garlic powder
REALSALT (Sea salt), to taste
1 packet of Ideal Protein Leek soup or Ideal Protein Chicken soup
Optional: Wasabi Powder (to taste – gives it a zing!)
Optional: 1-2 tsp. Olive Oil
Steam (preferred) or boil the cauliflower until it is very, very soft. Drain the water (if boiled). Add the seasonings (be creative) and add ••• -1 packet of any of the soup mixes (to taste). Add Olive Oil and mash well - serve steaming hot
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:03 AM   #5  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by want to be me again View Post
I've been searching for recipes and food ideas of foods I can eat on Thanksgiving,
I can't tell where you live so I don't know how available things are, but if you can find frozen rhubarb (I was a able to get a frozen organic package at a good natural foods store) you can make a jellied rhubarb mold, or a simple rhubarb sauce with whatever sweetener you use. Or, for dessert, try Steven's crumble recipe. Rhubarb is extremely versatile and packs a lot of vitamin C so an excellent substitution for cranberries. (I think it's better.)
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I was also going to suggest "cauliflower mashed potatoes". I would make pudding cakes for dessert. So your menu could be:

Salad
Turkey
Cauliflower mashed potatoes
Pudding cakes

Sounds like a pretty delicious meal to me
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:39 PM   #7  

Default mock baked apples...

ok here is a recipe that will be sure to be your favorite if it's for dessert or your veggies for the day. Take 4 zucchini and peel them so they have that fleshy apple color to them, then cut them length wise and slice like apples. I sprinkled with a little sea salt and lemon juice then put them in an 8X8 glass dish. Then spoon in several spoonfuls of Walden Farms Apple Butter make sure you mix and coat completely. Sprinkle with Allspice then put in oven for 30 mins on 350 degrees or until desired tenderness is achieved. When taken out sprinkle cinnamon on top. Enjoy! You might want to let it sit a bit to let the juices thicken. It is even better the following day.
Beingmyidealme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:04 AM   #8  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

By the time Turkey Day rolls around I'll be within sight of my goal, talked with coach at my last WI about what to do as we usually go camping over that weekend. I'm good with Turkey and Green beans and agreed to deviate with a piece of pumpkin pie. Personally I'd rather give up on some things then to have something that is supposed to be like mashed potatoes. If I can find some frozen Rhubarb I'm all over it, biggest thing I'll miss is sitting around munching on popcorn watching movies with my boys.
Y Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:19 AM   #9  

Height: 5'7'

Either roast some rutabaga or boil, then mash it. It's fantastic and totally OP. I offered to host t-day at my house this year so I can make sure that I'll have good, healthy options as well as all the traditional dishes.
stolaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:22 PM   #10  
wannabe thinner

S/C/G: 167/116/115

Height: 5'

So gravy is my downfall. So, I decided to make some turkey stock using turkey backs and neck, 1 yellow onion quartered with skin still on 2 stalks of celery, 5 cloves, 5 peppercorns a bay leaf and 5 sprigs of fresh thyme. Roast the bones in a hot oven on both sides till very brown. Add bones, veggies water and spices (no salt) to stock pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for a couple hrs. Strain and chill, and then remove all the fat off the top. Reduce stock down to 1/4 of what you start with. Taste it. this takes a lot of time but it is delicious and something I can legally put over my turkey and give thanks .
Calypso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:57 PM   #11  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 164/127/135

Height: 5'3"

I looooove celeriac puree!

Take 2 celeriac and boil them in salted water for about 20 minutes. Add about 1 cup seasoned chicken stock (put a few cloves of garlic, a bay leaf & some thyme in the stock and simmer as the celeriac boils). Remove the thyme and bay leaf, and blend the broth, celeriac and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. It's delicious and feels like a cheat!
Fizzyizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:53 AM   #12  

Height: 5'7'

Just keep in mind that t-day is just one day of the year. We are hosting thanksgiving dinner at our house this year so I can be sure that there is heathly food available.

Along with all the traditional favorites, I will make steamed green beans with EVOO, mashed cauliflower and maybe I'll try the celeriac. I've never had it, don't know what it looks like but I'm willing to try anything once!
stolaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:30 AM   #13  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beingmyidealme View Post
ok here is a recipe that will be sure to be your favorite if it's for dessert or your veggies for the day. Take 4 zucchini and peel them so they have that fleshy apple color to them, then cut them length wise and slice like apples. I sprinkled with a little sea salt and lemon juice then put them in an 8X8 glass dish. Then spoon in several spoonfuls of Walden Farms Apple Butter make sure you mix and coat completely. Sprinkle with Allspice then put in oven for 30 mins on 350 degrees or until desired tenderness is achieved. When taken out sprinkle cinnamon on top. Enjoy! You might want to let it sit a bit to let the juices thicken. It is even better the following day.
This is an excellent recipe!!!! The zucinni taste like apple pie. Thanks very much!
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 197/173/150

Height: 5'6

Well I am gonna make me a list of the suggestions for t-day. I made it through Halloween with no candy, t day hopefully won't be hard either as long as I have something on my plate. Great ideas!!
leesa88210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:56 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 251/176/150

Height: 5'4"

I put some pumpkin pie spice in my vanilla pudding and had that as my dessert on Thanksgiving this year. It was very tasty.
kelly1962 is offline   Reply With Quote