Old 10-19-2011, 09:41 PM   #1  
Dee2

S/C/G: 196/186/145 (JC 5-11)

Height: 5'4

Default Phase off? Nausea/salty taste in mouth not going away :(

I went to the doc today and she sent me for blood work and I'm going for an ultrasound to check my liver and my gall bladder. I can hardly eat or drink anything! I can't stand the smell or taste of meat! I even put cheese on some ground beef to see if I could eat it. Nope! I think I may have to phase off the diet if this doesn't improve. The doctor gave me some heavy duty antacids to try but they didn't really do much. Right now I'm existing on protein drinks....and I'm having trouble getting them down too. I am hungry so I don't think it's ketosis. I really, REALLY don't want to have to stop the diet but I think I may have to (for now). I am really scared of gaining weight. I am down 24 lbs. Any one have any advice for phasing off?
Dee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

When did this start? How long have you been doing the plan? Didn't you just switch to alternatives? I hope the doctors come up with some answers for you.
It doesn't sound like you would be able to eat anything else either if you do go off the plan but you may be alergic to something in the food.

Last edited by patns; 10-19-2011 at 10:26 PM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:47 PM   #3  
Dee2

I've had some issues with nausea and vomiting a month ago (before IP) so that's why I don't think it's the food. But....I can't keep on like this for much longer. That's why I thought I could phase off. I'm just so darn scared to just stop. Like I'll gain it all back....
Old 10-19-2011, 10:51 PM   #4  
Dee2

oh and no, I didn't switch to alternatives yet. I went for my weigh in and I had lost 4.2 lbs so I wanted to stay another couple of weeks. I'll need at least a week of *stock* to go to alternatives anyway.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:13 AM   #5  

Could it be sinusitis? I get nauseous when I have severe sinusitis. And the salty taste is common with sinusitis. It might explain why nothing tastes good. All that said, I would assume that your Doctor would check your sinuses before sending you for an ultrasound.

Right now I have a metal/salty taste that is likely ketosis. It could be sinus problems given it is harvest season and I normally struggle with allergies right now.

I can't help you with phasing. Hopefully someone will help you with your original question. You have done great. Good luck with the next phase.
GinaXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:10 PM   #6  
Dee2

Thanks Gina, but it is not that. I actually got called to go in for more tests. Apparently, my liver enzymes are high so it is signalling there is an issue with my liver. I'm going to have to try and maintain for a bit until they find out what exactly is wrong with me. I'm scared of carbs!! But I have to be able to eat something. But since everything tastes nasty...carbs probably will too.
I guess that's the least of my worries, really...but I don't want to undo all the hard work it took me to get here.

I'm going to talk to my coach and see if I can drop out for a few weeks and then restart. If not, I'll go it on my own with alternatives.If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 175/146/130

Height: 5'4"

From what I have read, liver issues are one of the dreaded side effects of being in Ketosis too long. I certainly hope that you are okay and please fill us in on what your doctor says. I will definitely keep you in my prayers and know...if this isn't the right program for you, you will definitely find something that works!!! Hang in there and don't let yourself get down!!!
scpnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:47 AM   #8  
Dee2

Hmmm I really hope that's not it. I've only lost 26 lbs and I've done it in 2 parts with a few months break in between. Yikes. I'll ask at my next appt. Thanks Scpnme!
Old 10-22-2011, 12:00 PM   #9  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee2 View Post
Thanks Gina, but it is not that. I actually got called to go in for more tests. Apparently, my liver enzymes are high so it is signalling there is an issue with my liver. I'm going to have to try and maintain for a bit until they find out what exactly is wrong with me. I'm scared of carbs!! But I have to be able to eat something. But since everything tastes nasty...carbs probably will too.
I guess that's the least of my worries, really...but I don't want to undo all the hard work it took me to get here.

I'm going to talk to my coach and see if I can drop out for a few weeks and then restart. If not, I'll go it on my own with alternatives.If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.
Dee, Don't let yourself fear the carbs, just make good choices. It's the life you would lead after IP anyway. Our livers can also be affected by too much soda over the years and many other things. It makes sense not to put your body through the stress that IP does while you are figuring out what is actually going on.
Marionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:38 PM   #10  

Dee, maybe you should look into clean eating by Tosca Reno. It emphasis whole foods and limits processed foods. The recipes are good. Please keep us posted. All my best to you!
GinaXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote