Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 07:13 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Did a 5k run/walk this morning. I came in last so a bit disappointed but I am not a runner and never have been. I also had the 5yr old with me and she wanted to see the dam and the river and stop to go to the bathroom so that didnt help my time any. I ended up at 49min. Hoping next year i will be much thinner and able to train more.
Happy Thanksgiving to those in Canada
Old 10-08-2011, 07:56 PM   #32  
Dee2

S/C/G: 196/186/145 (JC 5-11)

Height: 5'4

Welcome back Rosemary and welcome Faith! MayKat (sorry, don't recall the rest of your name) thanks for your story about potassium. I read in my Prescription for nutritional healing book all about potassium and magnesium (about a year ago) and started adding them as a supplement. What difference in my fatigue level! And my heart palpitations pretty much quit. Wow. Something so simple...so easy and yet not a doctor or naturopath anywhere could tell me that I was deficient! I could go on and on. But I won't Anyway, thanks for sharing that story.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:13 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 175

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giniwarrior View Post
Our last winter started in October and ended the second week in June so I can relate to the loooong winter. Zumba is alot of fun and it shows you the steps and it is just called Zumba. You can get info on Bodybugg.com and I bought mine on e-bay. They run about 200$ and are considered very accurate.
I LOVE Zumba. I have the Wii game too. It's so much fun and great exercise!!
Old 10-08-2011, 09:14 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
Welcome back Faith27 - I don't think there is any hard fast rule about where to introduce yourself. This daily chat thread is normally pretty active, so feel free to hang out here.

Dee2 - I don't have any words of wisdom about cutting up rutabagas. I using cut one side so it doesn't roll around then cut the hard peel off with a sharp knife. I don't know how else do it.

DanafromAustin - I started exercising again a few weeks ago but add in an extra packet on the days I exercise. I love getting back in the gym.

Hi to everyone else on the boards today. I did my WI this morning and lost 1 pound. I asked my coach to do my measurements and somehow I was up a 1/2 in ALL my measurements. Something is wacky to say the least - it was a different coach that measured me today so I'm not sweating it at all! I know I am getting smaller and will stay OP like always.

Happy T-day to all the Canadians on here. I have no words of wisdom for anyone going through their first holiday dinner on IP. All I can say is that cheating is never, ever worth it - ever. You'll regret that mouthful of pie or potatos or whatever you may consider eating. It'll set you back so just stay strong and drink lots and lots of water or club soda.
Good to know. Thank you!
Old 10-08-2011, 09:19 PM   #35  

Default Pineapple Banana Drink Packet?

Hi everyone,

I recently just opened a new supply of pineapple banana drink packets, and I noticed I am having a difficult time dissolving all the powder. I usually pour it into a water bottle and shake it up. I've never had a problem with it before. I'm not sure if it's possible for a box of the powders to get spoiled or something. It looks like it's thoroughly mixed up, but after a few minutes, the powder separates from the water and just settles at the bottom of the water bottle, so I have to keep shaking it up. I've tried dissolving it with a bit of hot water and then adding cold - this seemed to work okay for one day. Then today, I noticed a lot of clumps, and it felt gross to drink it with the clumps, so I drained it. There was a lot of clumpy stuff (I took pictures to send to my IP provider just in case).

Has anyone else had any problems/similar experiences?? My cappuccino packets are perfectly fine.

I'd be really grateful for any suggestions or feedback. Thanks!

** I originally posted this in the FAQ section but thought maybe since this was more active, I might get some more replies here?
Old 10-08-2011, 09:54 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 206/185/135

Height: 5'5"

I have the Zumba Wii game too but haven't tried it yet. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow!

My coach told me not to use the packets of splenda but to buy the larger boxes. She said they found the packets actually contain sugar. I'm not sure how they know this but was just wondering if anyone else was told this as well.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:11 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 175/146/130

Height: 5'4"

Question Elementary...question...

This may have been addressed on here but not certain as to where. So here it goes...

Do you weigh your meat after it is cooked?

Do you measure your veggies after they are cooked?

Has anyone ever made Ahi Tuna? I LOVE it in the restaurants, but tried to make it at home and failed miserably!!! Any help would be awesome!!! I like it done on the outside and rare on the inside...and haven't found a good seasoning for it yet either...

Thanks all and HAPPY WEEKEND!!!
Old 10-08-2011, 10:34 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee2 View Post
Good morning everyone! Maile, you are 2 lbs from goal?? how exciting! I hope you'll continue to post after you hit goal. Big congrats!!
I'm planning on making pies for thanksgiving dinner (which is tomorrow at my house! Yikes!) The pies will be okay for me to make and not slip up. It's tomorrow I'm concerned about. I'll be strong and just keep my hands busy so I don't grab a spoon. Anyone veterans out there that can show us how they made it thru their first holiday dinner?
Dee I don't find Thanksgiving terribly hard because I love the turkey. My other fav is the cranberry sauce, I think I will make some stewed rhubarb for me this year so I keep out of the cranberries.
Good for you being able to avoid the pies, that would be a big challenge for me. But for Thanksgiving I just bought a pumpkin pie which I don't care for.
Actually that is something I do for Hallow e'en too I by little non food treats like fun erasers etc and those sugary candy like runts that I don't like.

Also about your produce comment. Joanne (2ride) told me about H & W produce here in Edmonton. They have a huge variety of things, with very good prices. I went to one on 127 St and 134 Ave, but they also have two other locations.

pat
Old 10-08-2011, 10:52 PM   #39  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Just had my first real challenge on this plan and I passed with flying colors. We all went out to dinner tonight to a steak place. I ordered a steak and steamed spinach. Everyone was starving and my son and husband asked me if I minded it they get an appetizer too. Well they aren't on a diet so I told them to go ahead. So while they are waiting for the appetizer the waiter brings over a warm loaf of bread and butter and then their appetizer. I wanted that bread so bad, but not bad enough to blow all of my hard work, so I just sat and drank my water. Then before their dinner the waiter brought them their soup and salad and I had to wait even longer while they finished that. Finally I got my steak and spinach, and I will tell you it wasn't the best steak, but I was so hungry it tasted wonderful! So proud of myself.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:59 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Just had my first real challenge on this plan and I passed with flying colors. We all went out to dinner tonight to a steak place. I ordered a steak and steamed spinach. Everyone was starving and my son and husband asked me if I minded it they get an appetizer too. Well they aren't on a diet so I told them to go ahead. So while they are waiting for the appetizer the waiter brings over a warm loaf of bread and butter and then their appetizer. I wanted that bread so bad, but not bad enough to blow all of my hard work, so I just sat and drank my water. Then before their dinner the waiter brought them their soup and salad and I had to wait even longer while they finished that. Finally I got my steak and spinach, and I will tell you it wasn't the best steak, but I was so hungry it tasted wonderful! So proud of myself.
Good job! I love that feeling! The best part for me is that usually everyone ends up being overly stuffed or too full to finish their dinner due to the bread/appetizers. Then they look at you, they're surprised you finished your entire entree (because that's all you had!), and you're feeling very content and not regretful because you didn't overeat. That happened to me the last 2 times I went out. I LOVE bread & butter so I had a real nice one sided mental argument with myself haha.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:27 PM   #41  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Stayed at the beach all day watching the classic cars, really enjoyed the day. Grilled burgers, drank water, visited, drank more water...lol....was a great OP day!
Old 10-08-2011, 11:39 PM   #42  

Hello all! I made it to the wedding and stayed OP.I was told the dinner was a taco bar but it was a PASta BAR!! I just had the lettuce salad and ate my protein bar that I had in my purse. When I got back home to my sister's I ate some left over chicken and some veggies. I survived!
Old 10-09-2011, 12:03 AM   #43  
Happy Spring!

S/C/G: 195//35

Height: 5'5

Great Job Sandy, I'm hoping to be just as strong tomorrow during turkey dinner, which may be hard - you should see the amount of desserts my family has made, the house smells amazing!

Sounds like you also had a great day Wuv

One day at a time!
Old 10-09-2011, 01:46 AM   #44  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Hello everyonne!! I made it past practise tonight!! It was a tough one for sure. I'm definitely feeling some kind of muscle in the inner thigh! I'm not expecting much of a loss this week... But i know that it will come off! I'm still OP so that's what matters!!
Old 10-09-2011, 08:31 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!!

It's supposed to be a beautiful day here, planning on heading out to the beach with the kiddos after church. It's been a great OP weekend here. It's funny I thought eating the same things day in and day out might get boring or tedious but I personally find that having a routine and not having to think about things helps me stay OP. I've started viewing food as a fuel for my body instead of entertainment or socialization which has helped as well.

Congrats to all of those who have spent the weekend avoiding temptation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith27 View Post
Hi everyone,

I recently just opened a new supply of pineapple banana drink packets, and I noticed I am having a difficult time dissolving all the powder. I usually pour it into a water bottle and shake it up. I've never had a problem with it before. I'm not sure if it's possible for a box of the powders to get spoiled or something. It looks like it's thoroughly mixed up, but after a few minutes, the powder separates from the water and just settles at the bottom of the water bottle, so I have to keep shaking it up. I've tried dissolving it with a bit of hot water and then adding cold - this seemed to work okay for one day. Then today, I noticed a lot of clumps, and it felt gross to drink it with the clumps, so I drained it. There was a lot of clumpy stuff (I took pictures to send to my IP provider just in case).

Has anyone else had any problems/similar experiences?? My cappuccino packets are perfectly fine.

I'd be really grateful for any suggestions or feedback. Thanks!

** I originally posted this in the FAQ section but thought maybe since this was more active, I might get some more replies here?
Do you have a blender bottle or just a regular water bottle? I find that even with a blender bottle the fruit flavored ones are the hardest to get all of the lumps out of. Do you have a personal blender (like a Magic Bullet) or a stick blender? They might be the best option. You could also try adding some ice and see if the extra agitation helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulsD View Post
I have the Zumba Wii game too but haven't tried it yet. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow!

My coach told me not to use the packets of splenda but to buy the larger boxes. She said they found the packets actually contain sugar. I'm not sure how they know this but was just wondering if anyone else was told this as well.
I haven't heard that myself. I don't know if anyone else here has or not. I use the packets, but admittedly not nearly as much as I did when I started the program. I used to use a lot more, but now I only use 2 a day when I have an iced coffee, or one when I make zucchini apples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scpnme View Post
This may have been addressed on here but not certain as to where. So here it goes...

Do you weigh your meat after it is cooked?

Do you measure your veggies after they are cooked?

Has anyone ever made Ahi Tuna? I LOVE it in the restaurants, but tried to make it at home and failed miserably!!! Any help would be awesome!!! I like it done on the outside and rare on the inside...and haven't found a good seasoning for it yet either...

Thanks all and HAPPY WEEKEND!!!
There was actually just a thread about that on here ("Weighing meat" is what I think it was called). I think the consensus is to weigh meat post cooking and veggies pre cooking. I have to admit though early on I E-Mailed my coach asking if I should measure my veggies before or after cooking and she said it didn't really matter because a few extra veggies wouldn't hurt. I haven't made Ahi Tuna before, but I think the secret is to make sure you get a really high grade sushi quality tuna. Maybe google it for recipes?
Closed Thread