Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 09:12 AM   #16  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandallismom View Post
Good morning all! Today is a chilli sunny morning in New Brunswick. I WI today and not sure how it will go. Have the big. "C". Feeling really bloated. But this is WI#3 this is usually where everyone hits a bump or slow loss. Kids have picture day today at school, I'm trying to get my 10 year old daughter to leave her hair down, it looks so nice that way. She is a tomboy and wears it in a ponytail everyday. She says she'll take it down for her pic but we'll see.

I hope everyone has a great day OP and with WI today!
Good luck on your WI. I am going to leave to go WI in about 20 mins so we will see what is on the scale for me today. Hopefully it will be a good one, I am wishing for 8lbs but I know that won't happen, I want to be out of the 300's that is the only reason I say that. I will be happy with 1lb if that is what it is. As long as it is coming off I am OK with that! Woke up feeling thinner but that doesn't always mean anything. Itsabout, sorry you aren't feeling well. Sometimes I forget to eat, Ill look at the clock and its 4pm and I havent eaten lunch so I run to the kitchen grab a cucumber and my shake and munch away. I hope you start to feel better, how much more do you want to lose? if its not much maybe your body thinks it is where it needs to be. Remember that number on the scale is ONLY (yes I used that word) a number, its about how you feel with yourself, are you comfortable with the way you look? if it is then maybe its time to stop.

Off to my WI!!
Old 09-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #17  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollFaceBella View Post
big
So sorry you are going through this especially since you have been doing so well "hot momma" Have you been eating basically the same veggies the whole time? Perhaps switching up your veggies a bit will help get you over the not wanting to eat them. I couldn't look at cucumbers for the longest time because they were my go to veg for quite a while.

Have a great OP day everyone!!
Not really. I was and like you, I can't look at mushrooms now. I will do my best to get them in. I have it in my head I want to be done in 8 weeks and I can't do that with this kind of week so it just bums me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
Okay missy, you know what you need to do...eat your veggies!!
Have you been working out? a brisk 30 minute walk might make you hungry.
also, I have been eating spinach a lot the past week and a half. I measure my 2 cups and cook it down. As you know spinach shrinks to hardly anything. try eating more cooked spinach at lunch and or dinner? or try snacking on sliced raw zucchini throughout the day with salt.
Right now since you aren't eating much during the day your body is in starvation mode and holding on to what you do give it in fear you won't feed it again. that's why it's a gain.
I remember you saying sometimes you only eat half the bar. you should eat the whole thing! and I know some people eat their restricteds at night. If you are one of them, try to have it earlier in the day. might help your loss.

Being a woman is lovely isn't it? trying to figure out what our body and metabolism likes and dislikes.

i personally am bad about eating breakfast. I get up, start drinking my coffee at work, and now it's 9am and I STILL haven't had my morning IP packet...
that's probably not good for my losses.

Hang in there! Here's some Broccoli for you ...
Yes, I sometimes eat only half a bar. (Most days actually.) I'm trying to be better about that though. Thanks fo the broccoli, Lord knows I need it.

Thanks a lot of all of your help ladies! It really means a lot to me. I know you will still be here for me tomorrow if I don't lose but I've been working too damn hard to have a gain!
Old 09-28-2011, 09:22 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
ItsAboutTime:

Caount your lucky stars, I have had the problem of the scale going up or not moving since the very beginning, with NO cheats. I know just look at the overall picture, I have lost 22 lbs in 3 months. It can not be "real" weight gain based on the amount of calories we are eating, so it is more likely H2O or a "back-up" issue. lol. You have done sooooo well, and you have to expect a slow-down and stahls as you approach a healthy weight. Keep up the good work and eat those veggies.
I agree with mashing veggies, I steam broccoli and add it to the broccoli soup with tons of garlic granules, sea salt & black pepper and it is so good. Don't know if you have found any alternative soups or not.
I totally thought about you when this week got to me. I can understand your frustration and I give you kuddos for sticking with it. I hate to whine about it but when there's been no cheats there really should be no reason to gain. I haven't found any soups. I'm not a big soup fan though.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:30 AM   #19  
cinammon

S/C/G: 202.8/187.6/145

Height: 5' 1"

Hi all,
Question - Does anyone have trouble sleeping? I know a side affect may be tiredness but I seem to be the opposite. Waking up through the night, tossing and turning.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:46 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinammon View Post
Hi all,
Question - Does anyone have trouble sleeping? I know a side affect may be tiredness but I seem to be the opposite. Waking up through the night, tossing and turning.
Yes, every night. At least every night that I don't take an Advil PM. And get ready to be cold. Those are the 2 side effects that irritate me most. I am the only one in this office bundled up in sweaters!
Old 09-28-2011, 09:46 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 221.2/211.8/150

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all!

Cinammon - I am with you on the trouble sleeping. Prior to starting IP I was a great sleeper, but now that I am doing this I am tossing and turning all night long. It has gotten better in the last couple of days so I am hoping that it was just my body making a transition. It is a real pain for me though because I am generally a good sleeper.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #22  

Itsabouttime Lynsey, thanks for being so honest about what is going on with you. I do worry about you. Maybe buy some Pure Protein bars and eat those instead of your packet, might as well shake it up!

OK, I didn't make the big 40 pounds , but I did lose 2 and am at 39 pounds gone!!! I am happy.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:59 AM   #23  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
REally, not following the protocol exactly is working against you!! You need those veggies,lettuce, everything. You need the calories so your body doesn't go into starvation mode. People on a long fast lose their hunger too, but they are starving. Please take care. I actually at more calories on purpose this week, still within the protocol. You ate very few calories. Did you get your oil in?
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Nope.
Oh this isn't good... you are starving yourself. This is very serious and you have to follow the plan. Not eating veggies or getting your oil is very bad, you need both. You don't want to end up in the hospital do you? I am a little worried for you. Please start following the 2 cups of veg at lunch and at supper and get your oil and YOUR SALT in.... I have heard of horror stories about people that aren't getting their oil and salt in... You can end up in the hospital or worse... cut out the pickles... yes they are fast and easy, so are other vegetables if you take time to prep them ahead. Don't have time? You will have to make time. have cucumbers sliced up to take with you on the go, same with celery and cauliflower and broccoli... don't like them by themselves add a dressing, if you don't like wf dressings or mayo add flavor to it and it isn't so bad.
IMPORTANT - WATER, 4 Cups VEGETABLES, OIL and Salt.

Okay sorry for lecturing you but you have to see you are not doing yourself any favors.

Be strong, eat your veggies.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:10 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Itsabouttime Lynsey, thanks for being so honest about what is going on with you. I do worry about you. Maybe buy some Pure Protein bars and eat those instead of your packet, might as well shake it up!

OK, I didn't make the big 40 pounds , but I did lose 2 and am at 39 pounds gone!!! I am happy.
Woohoo! 2 pounds is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
I agree.

Oh this isn't good... you are starving yourself. This is very serious and you have to follow the plan. Not eating veggies or getting your oil is very bad, you need both. You don't want to end up in the hospital do you? I am a little worried for you. Please start following the 2 cups of veg at lunch and at supper and get your oil and YOUR SALT in.... I have heard of horror stories about people that aren't getting their oil and salt in... You can end up in the hospital or worse... cut out the pickles... yes they are fast and easy, so are other vegetables if you take time to prep them ahead. Don't have time? You will have to make time. have cucumbers sliced up to take with you on the go, same with celery and cauliflower and broccoli... don't like them by themselves add a dressing, if you don't like wf dressings or mayo add flavor to it and it isn't so bad.
IMPORTANT - WATER, 4 Cups VEGETABLES, OIL and Salt.

Okay sorry for lecturing you but you have to see you are not doing yourself any favors.

Be strong, eat your veggies.
Don't be sorry, it's what I need, what I come here for! I don't normally go for pickles, just figured it was better than nothing. I had been doing steam in the bag veggies at work because it's simple but then I don't use the oil. I do use the salt, I have some in my desk. I hope I don't sound like I'm eating less to lose faster, I'm just not hungry. What an eye opener this week has been. Eat what the sheet says newbies! It's that way for a reason. I am in week 13 and just figuring this out.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:14 AM   #25  
cinammon

S/C/G: 202.8/187.6/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
Yes, every night. At least every night that I don't take an Advil PM. And get ready to be cold. Those are the 2 side effects that irritate me most. I am the only one in this office bundled up in sweaters!
Thanks, I didn't know if it was just me. I haven't felt cold yet. May be part of the menopause because I'm usually hot at night.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:14 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Bummed out! I will be the first to tell you I'm not eating enough. As I said yesterday, I am just not hungry! I bet I could count on 1 hand the amount of times I've had veggies with my meals in the past week. I think I'm doing more harm than good and need to fix this!

Here is yesterday's eating:
7: shake/coffee
12: shake & a pickle
4:30: fried eggs (I had to be somewhere at 5 so I had to eat early)
7:30: bar
I also had 115oz of water and 1 propel zero.

This morning I am back up. Up .4 from yesterday to be exact. That means I am 1.4 up from last week's weigh in. I have not cheated once. Not one tiny thing. Like I said, I am probably not eating enough. But, how can this cause a gain? Wouldn't it be more likely to stall me? I'm so confused.

I have my veggies with and will eat them with my shake, while the rest of my coworkers eat pizza today provided by the company, and I will eat them with dinner too but I don't want to. It's not that I'm sick of them. I just don't feel the need to eat and sometimes would rather just drink my shake and be done with it.

I have a feeling tomorrow will result in a gain and I'm not sure how I'll handle it. I really wanted to get to 40 this week and there is NO reason I didn't.
I had just posted about this in the "concern" thread. When you wrote yesterday about how little you were eating I was expecting that you wouldn't lose.
This was something my coach always warned me about. I get migraines and there was some days I couldn't eat at all and other days I would get too busy. My loss has been really slow, I think because I am post menopausal. But the first thing my coach always checked was if I was eating enough, she said not eating enough really slows the loss down. One thing she insisted uoon was a huge salad at lunch full of unrestricted veggies.

Last edited by patns; 09-28-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:36 AM   #27  
Started LC 1/1/12

S/C/G: 185/179/145

Morning Everyone. Day 3 for me. So far no headaches etc. I weighed myself on my scale which is 3 lbs. different than the coaches. I am down about 3 lbs so far, and I don't weigh in till Sunday.
Wasn't crazy about the crispy cereal until I added SF DaVinci french vanilla. Maybe a quarter teaspoon and it tasted pretty good after that. I asked if I could use it and was told yes as long as it's 0/0/0.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:07 AM   #28  
Happy Spring!

S/C/G: 195//35

Height: 5'5

Its nice to see I'm not the only one seeing no loss while being OP. I had WI #5 yesterday and I lost 1.6 pounds in three weeks (there was no loss week 3 and 4). I'm getting very frusterated, especially after being told that the average is 3-5 pounds a week - almost feel scammed. Paying $300 to lose just over a pound is making me think if this program is worth it anymore. I feel like I'm trying so hard for nothing.

Also, I was told that the pickles can be eaten as my 2 cups of veggies, and since I love pickles I've been eating them a lot. After reading recent posts I'm starting to think that I maybe shouldn't be doing this. I'm also confused about the lettuce, I thought it was optional as long as you have 2 cups of other veggies, is this wrong?
Old 09-28-2011, 11:29 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Default Wi:2

So I had my second weigh in today, down 2lbs since last week, for a total of 8. Sorta disappointed that it wasnt more but it was that TOM too so I am probably hanging on to some water also, and 2 pounds is better than no pounds, right?

I also havent been eating lettuce, mostly because I ran out a few days ago and just havent ran to the store yet. I am just about out of everything so it's about time I get to the store.
I made a cabbage soup recipe that was on the recipe threads, YUM! Instead of beef I diced some smoked pork in it and the smokey flavor spread throughout the soup making it super good. Thanks for the recipes to those that posted them.
I got 3 bottles of WF dressings in the mail yesterday. I had ordered the chipotle ranch, sesame ginger, and caesar. Anyone try those? Any one have any recipes that they like to use them with?

Have a wonderful day
Old 09-28-2011, 11:35 AM   #30  
Started LC 1/1/12

S/C/G: 185/179/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie8810 View Post
Its nice to see I'm not the only one seeing no loss while being OP. I had WI #5 yesterday and I lost 1.6 pounds in three weeks (there was no loss week 3 and 4). I'm getting very frusterated, especially after being told that the average is 3-5 pounds a week - almost feel scammed. Paying $300 to lose just over a pound is making me think if this program is worth it anymore. I feel like I'm trying so hard for nothing.

Also, I was told that the pickles can be eaten as my 2 cups of veggies, and since I love pickles I've been eating them a lot. After reading recent posts I'm starting to think that I maybe shouldn't be doing this. I'm also confused about the lettuce, I thought it was optional as long as you have 2 cups of other veggies, is this wrong?
i just asked yesterday about the salads. i was told that I don't have to eat a salad everyday, but I do have to eat the 2 c. veggies. In my own opinion, I think the lettuce help with fiber but not sure.
Closed Thread