Old 09-27-2011, 06:23 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

And wow, 89 pounds lost Joanne-you are phenomenol! You really have been one of my hero's through out this journey.
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #17  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
Underground cheaters! That is hilarious! Like closet smokers! I think that if you are going to do a program, do it the way it is designed or pick a different program. I am no perfect angel by any means- I have posted about it before, there are times when I have had a little cheese or some nuts-not on the protocol, but nothing that kicked me out of ketosis. I know we are human and most likely, most people will have slip ups along the way but I do not think a coach (who has the proper ideal protein training) should ever encourage a planned phase off for planned cheats. Life is full of holidays, vacations, birthdays, ups and downs and that is part of this diet-learning how to make good choices forever and not make the focus of every celebration or bad day about food. And I do love this website-have been coming to it for nearly a year. Lucky I can overlook the talk about planned cheats and carry on!
I agree with you, if you chose a program stick to it until the end THEN you can cheat but don't mess up your losses for a week or even a few days. You have to learn to not let food rule your life and make the right choices. If you want it bad enough you will do without the cheats until the end. That is what is wrong in today's society, everything revolves around food and drinking to most. I don't have that problem any longer, I have it under control, Food is NOT going to rule me any longer. I have proven that to myself over the last 22 weeks and will continue this as a lifestyle! IF I was married or had a boyfriend that would want me to cheat to enjoy wine or a nice dinner and would understand how hard it has been for me to lose what I have lost already then he really should understand. Its YOUR choice
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:40 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I agree with you, if you chose a program stick to it until the end THEN you can cheat but don't mess up your losses for a week or even a few days. You have to learn to not let food rule your life and make the right choices. If you want it bad enough you will do without the cheats until the end. That is what is wrong in today's society, everything revolves around food and drinking to most. I don't have that problem any longer, I have it under control, Food is NOT going to rule me any longer. I have proven that to myself over the last 22 weeks and will continue this as a lifestyle! IF I was married or had a boyfriend that would want me to cheat to enjoy wine or a nice dinner and would understand how hard it has been for me to lose what I have lost already then he really should understand. Its YOUR choice
You go girl. You and Miss Joanne are poster children for ideal protein!
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:30 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I announced to my husband that I will be staying on program while we're away. He's totally supportive.

The thought of gaining weight or slowing my loss is enough to keep me sticking to the plan. To be honest, I am enjoying not being so hungry and having more control. And while sometimes I resent the restrictions, I'm grateful for them, because I don't think I'm quite ready to be off the plan.

Thanks for all of the thoughts on this.
rainbowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:40 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmom View Post
I announced to my husband that I will be staying on program while we're away. He's totally supportive.

The thought of gaining weight or slowing my loss is enough to keep me sticking to the plan. To be honest, I am enjoying not being so hungry and having more control. And while sometimes I resent the restrictions, I'm grateful for them, because I don't think I'm quite ready to be off the plan.

AWESOME, very proud of you for making that choice and I am so glad your hubby understands how important this is to you
Old 09-28-2011, 06:30 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Quote:

That is great. When you get where you want you'll be able to have the celebrations!
BCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:42 AM   #22  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:

I'm so glad. I really think you're doing a good thing. And s supportive husband? Super.

I'm also glad to see other's think the same way I do about "planned cheats." Wish I'd said what I did earlier and found out I wasn't alone.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:10 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I'm so glad. I really think you're doing a good thing. And s supportive husband? Super.

I'm also glad to see other's think the same way I do about "planned cheats." Wish I'd said what I did earlier and found out I wasn't alone.
Linden - your wise words here encouraged me to start a new post "concerns about this forum" - I didn't copy your comments without permission but would love to see you add them there so new forum members could receive your wisdom.
BCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:58 AM   #24  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
You go girl. You and Miss Joanne are poster children for ideal protein!
Thank you so much, I am getting real excited I can see the 140's and they seem to be this close.... You are doing great too.

As for WUV, that girl is going to pass me soon, I am going to have to send her some deep fried pickles or something to slow her down. (just kidding)
Quote:

Awe Rainbow that is awesome, I think when you reach your goal and you look back you will be so proud of the choices you have made.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:20 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Thank you so much, I am getting real excited I can see the 140's and they seem to be this close.... You are doing great too.

As for WUV, that girl is going to pass me soon, I am going to have to send her some deep fried pickles or something to slow her down. (just kidding)
Awe Rainbow that is awesome, I think when you reach your goal and you look back you will be so proud of the choices you have made.
LOL....you don't have to send me any, I make them homemade....haha....I am not going to pass you for a while I loss 1.5lbs this week so you can breathe this week...hahah...I am pulling at your shirt tails that is for sure!!