Old 10-27-2011, 07:43 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 153/153/135

Height: 5'4"

Same as Junetwin, I plan to buy an inexpensive piece of clothing! I have been hiding my arms with long sleeves for so long (not an easy feat here in South Florida) that maybe a sleeveless top. I also have a closet full of clothes I cannot wear, so I plan on shopping in my own closet, maybe even bringing things that are too big to a tailor.
bisous3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:37 AM   #62  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

I plan on treating myself to a new Coach purse (from the outlet) hopefully this weekend. I've received some money for my birthday so that will help as well. You all have some great reward ideas!
misswinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:45 PM   #63  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 164/127/135

Height: 5'3"

Great thread!

I'm super psyched about my reward when I reach a 25 pound loss....

I bought a groupon deal for 50% off a "Closet Consultation" from a stylist here in San Francisco where they come over for 2 hours and go through your closet and tell you what to keep and what to part with. They take all your clothes away that you don't want and donate them for you.

I think it's a great reward because I'll need some help figuring out what I can wear with my new shape, plus I love that they will literally take away the clothes. Sometimes that's the hardest part of donating for me- I don't have a car since I'm in the city, and it's tough to transport the goods I no longer want.

Anyway, really looking forward to that!
Fizzyizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:02 PM   #64  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Sometimes we reward ourselves with little things to keep us going. I thought I would bump this up to give the newbies something to thing about.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzyizzy View Post
Great thread!

I'm super psyched about my reward when I reach a 25 pound loss....

I bought a groupon deal for 50% off a "Closet Consultation" from a stylist here in San Francisco where they come over for 2 hours and go through your closet and tell you what to keep and what to part with. They take all your clothes away that you don't want and donate them for you.

I think it's a great reward because I'll need some help figuring out what I can wear with my new shape, plus I love that they will literally take away the clothes. Sometimes that's the hardest part of donating for me- I don't have a car since I'm in the city, and it's tough to transport the goods I no longer want.

Anyway, really looking forward to that!
Wow, that is awesome!! I wish we had a service around here like that. Let us know how it goes!!
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:43 AM   #66  

Bump to give the newbies some ideas and see what everyone else is doing.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #67  
Started IP 9/12/2011

S/C/G: 288/184/150

Height: 5' 1"

As I reached 40 pounds my friend pointed out I should reward myself every 10 pounds. We live 6hours away from each other, so at 50 we met half way and spent a girls weekend at a spa. Our hubbies have agreed that she will come visit me for every 50. So, when I hit 100, she will come to Chicago and we will go on a shopping trip for new clothes for me!

At 40, I had an organizer come help me declutter for Christmas. At 60, a bought myself a cheap (but nice) little shelf for my bedroom. At 70, I am going to finally get a kitchen table (been here 5 years). At 80, I might have family pictures done. Haven't thought much beyond that! It is nice to have something to look forward to along the way.
grassfedbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #68  

GrassFedBeef - That sounds like fun!! What a supportive hubby you have!

I saved all the money that was given to me for my birthday / Christmas and have decided that once I get my BMI into the overweight category instead of obese I am going to a spa for a massage and a facial. SO excited!! It's funny, it sounds so far away but when I break it down in average losses on IP I will be there hopefully by the end of Feb :-)
Old 01-15-2012, 07:23 AM   #69  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

I didn't really reward myself along the way... Cleaning out my closet and receiving all the hand-me-down clothes from my IP friends was rewarding enough. Doing that allowed me to splurge and purchase an ipad2 for my final reward. It has quickly become my "go to" for tracking food in MFP and keeping up with all of you. I've also downloaded my workout DVD (less clutter) and a new fitness mag. For me, this was the best way to reward and reinforce my lifestyle changes. Thanks all for all the information, recipes, tips, tricks, stories, etc. You are very inspirational and I love knowing I can turn to you whenever I'm struggling. You rock! Jo

Last edited by JoLoMN; 01-15-2012 at 07:24 AM.
JoLoMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:58 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 250/200.5/130

Height: 5'5"

I've asked hubby to take me on a Disney Caribbean Cruise when I reach my goal weight. I'm so excited about that... it definitely keeps me going. Just the idea of all that bathing suit activity (snorkeling, sun bathing, etc) and not wanting to hide in my frumpy clothes... Oh, I can't wait! Before, it was just a pie in the sky kind of dream, but since I discovered IP, I know I can actually get there! THIS YEAR! Yikes, time to start saving!

As for mini goals - just shrinking out of my clothes seems to be enough. I'm so excited when I fit into a smaller size.
FoolishHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:08 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 232/210/160

Height: 5'8"

I have not really tought about rewards yet. But there are some really great ideas here that have made me think. Thanks to everyone for your posts. I am deffinaelty going to get my nails and hair done when I reach 199! Can't wait!
lbixby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:33 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 287/144/150

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolishHeart View Post
I've asked hubby to take me on a Disney Caribbean Cruise when I reach my goal weight. I'm so excited about that... it definitely keeps me going. Just the idea of all that bathing suit activity (snorkeling, sun bathing, etc) and not wanting to hide in my frumpy clothes... Oh, I can't wait! Before, it was just a pie in the sky kind of dream, but since I discovered IP, I know I can actually get there! THIS YEAR! Yikes, time to start saving!

As for mini goals - just shrinking out of my clothes seems to be enough. I'm so excited when I fit into a smaller size.
I too have Disney in my plans When I reach my goal I plan to take my daughter to Disneyland or world ( have not definitely decided which) This time I plan to ride whichever ride I want too and not be worried about how comfortable the ride seating will be ! That is my inspiration.
JKfromIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:33 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

My hubby and I just talked about this last night! I think buying new clothes along the way will be enough of a mini reward for me. When I hit my goal, we are going to Vegas! I love it there, but I've been fat every time we've been there! I've gone to one club and felt stupid, and only walked through the pool areas fully clothed. I want to go to a club and feel like I fit in, and lounge by the pool...in a swimsuit!
Icathinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #74  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icathinme View Post
My hubby and I just talked about this last night! I think buying new clothes along the way will be enough of a mini reward for me. When I hit my goal, we are going to Vegas! I love it there, but I've been fat every time we've been there! I've gone to one club and felt stupid, and only walked through the pool areas fully clothed. I want to go to a club and feel like I fit in, and lounge by the pool...in a swimsuit!
If you buy clothes along the way I would shop at the thrift stores or somewhere really cheap. Its not worth spending a lot of money when you will be going through sizes really quick!!...TRUST ME....lol....one week you are in one size and the next that size is too big. Inches MELT away quicker than the lbs sometimes.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
If you buy clothes along the way I would shop at the thrift stores or somewhere really cheap. Its not worth spending a lot of money when you will be going through sizes really quick!!...TRUST ME....lol....one week you are in one size and the next that size is too big. Inches MELT away quicker than the lbs sometimes.
I'm a BARGAIN shopper anyway. I never buy anything unless it's on clearance. I also do thrift stores and watch the classifieds in my area. My whole wardrobe now probably cost under $200, and I'm not hurting for clothes!
Icathinme is offline   Reply With Quote