Old 09-04-2011, 06:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Default AHHHH :) Need some advice

SO I was hoping to be at goal when my Hubby came home for his mid tour leave (DEC) Well they just pushed it up to October! So here I Am a month away and what I really wanna do is bootcamp it until he is home.. but then that puts me in phase 1 the entire time he is here.

I could do it for 2 weeks and then move on to the next phases so I can eat alittle more normal when he is here??

I was hoping to be finished and just maintaining by the time he got home soo I'm clueless as to what I should do.

I would love to lose another 10.. but I'm not sure thats the way to go..

Advise!

thanks.
Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:48 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

If I were you....

I'd stay with what you're doing now and not try to ramp things up or get all in a lather because of the changed date. The exact number on the scale isn't important to your husband--it's just an idea you had. Keep with your plan and you'll still be lighter when he comes home.

And remember, you're losing weight primarily for yourself, to be healthy--not to please someone else. That's secondary, even though it may be a motivator for you.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:08 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

I'm going to echo what JayEll says.

Don't let it be about "the weight" exactly. Allow yourself to continue to follow your program as you have been Your body will lose how it chooses to lose, and you'll get to gush about how wonderfully on plan you've been, and how permanent these changes are!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

He's going to be so psyched to see how great you're doing! I would stick to plan, but I'd also discuss with my coach to figure out if there are some options. You might want a glass of champagne (if you drink) or something to celebrate.
rainbowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/175/150

Height: 5'7''

Hi, I'm going to go against the flow here because I also had a guy that came home from deployment a couple of times and I know how you feel (or think I do). You say he is coming home for his mid-break? Well, I would phase off and then take a break while he is here. Then go back on when he leaves again and finish the program to your meet your final goal. There is so much going on when your spouse comes home from deployment. I would like to see you enjoy it and not feel the added stress of meal planning and diet needs. This is a celebration of being together. I'm a softy.
stickingtotheplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Thanks for all the advise so far

Thanks for understanding how I feel Sticking! He will only be here for 2 weeks and will be leaving again for the remainder of the deployment.

He doesn't like me making special things for him and I basically eat the same thing everyday.( It may be weird to some people but it helps me since I don't have to think of what I'm going to eat.) He said he will eat what I eat... yah...lol. I don't want him home living on shakes with some veggies and chicken.

We will basically be going on "vacation" as well. Lots of trips and hotel stays between families. I don't want to stress him out if he picks a place and I can not find anything to eat etc.. He deals with enough when he is gone.. I don't want him thinking he is ruining my diet when he is here.

Yes I know he loves me however big/small I Am.. I was more thinking of the food factor than the weight..I do NOT plan on eating anything bad.. I don't want to phase off and eat junk food.. but normal, healthy food.

I guess I should have explained it a bit more.. I was just freaking out and trying to think well what do I do now.
Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:16 PM   #7  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

You will do what you feel is right, he is proud of you regardless of what you chose to eat while he is here. I know first hand (with my ex) he is proud to have you as his wife and on his arm I am sure no matter what size you are. He is proud of you because he also knows the struggles you deal with, with your weight and how hard you have been trying and successfully losing the weight you have loss. Just being with you when he is home will be enough for the both of you, just enjoy your time and not worry about anything else and if says he will eat what you eat, trust me he will. He doesn't want to put any more stress on you, just like you don't wanna stress him out about where he chooses to eat. You have done a remarkable job and it will continue until you complete it. I commend you on a job well done and continued support will be here for you when you return. Tell the other half of your heart, thank you for all he does for our country
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote