Old 08-19-2011, 01:50 PM   #1  

Default Premier Protein Bars

Any thoughts on premier protein bars? I bought a box of them and thought it was a good choice, but besides having 30g of protein, each bar is also 280 cal and 23g of carbs... Seems a little high to me. Does anyone use them?
zozylya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Seems like for the cals and carbs you would have to half them to bring them to a reasonable level. So that would bring the protein down to 15 grams.
I looked at them in Costco and thought the carbs and calories were too high.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 216.4/175.4/169

Height: 5'7"

I have used them (they are yummy)!! I agree that if you are trying to use them as a alternative you would need to cut them in half. I unfortunately have no willpower to do so and eat the whole thing. But I am currently not following OP, just trying to maintain for now.
annieann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:37 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Yeah way too much- and they are big bars. You would want to only use half.
I have been using the Detour bars from Costco and they have 15g protein, 15-17g of carbs and 170 calories in the 40g bar. Those values are still higher than the IP bars, but not higher than the other IP restricted items. I find my best losses are when i limit the use of bars and stick with puffs as a restricted.
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieann77 View Post
I have used them (they are yummy)!! I agree that if you are trying to use them as a alternative you would need to cut them in half. I unfortunately have no willpower to do so and eat the whole thing. But I am currently not following OP, just trying to maintain for now.
What a cutie in your avatar!
patns is offline   Reply With Quote