Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 07:55 AM   #1  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default IP DAILY CHAT - Wednesday, 8/17

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 08-17-2011, 08:00 AM   #2  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Good morning everyone. Please excuse the all-caps shoutiness of the daily chat title. I've been having trouble finding it amongst all the new threads. I guess that's a good thing that the forum is so busy.

I have a crazy day today so this is just a drive-by posting and starting of the daily thread. Stay OP everyone! it's worth it.

We went to dinner last night. I ordered my son's dinner (which we always do) when we got drinks, and I asked for a side of plain steamed broccoli. He had some as his side dish and I had something to eat while everyone else snacked on the rolls on the table. We can all do this! OH. We also ordered my 3-yr-old a club soda instead of juice, and told him that he was getting a special "bubbly water" treat because he had been good. At first, he said "I want juice", but when I countered with "but, you've been so good, you get this special bubbly water instead", he fell for it. He now says that "juice has sugar and sugar makes your teeth fall out"... I always correct him, since I don't want him to be afraid... "No, but sugar does make you have holes in your teeth and then you have to visit the dentist", to which he replies, "oh, that's not good either".

Oh, and I added another cloud guy. If the ticker is going to truncate instead of round (it says 149 and I typed in 149.9), then I get the cloud. So there!

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 08-17-2011 at 08:30 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:43 AM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

Congrats on a new cloud guy!

Still nothing. I'm sure you guys are so interested in hearing my bathroom woes. I was down .2 this morning though somehow so I am 1.2 away from last weeks weigh in. I weigh in tomorrow so I hope like heck it's all gone.

I have a question about propel zero and powerade zero. I know there was a thread on it but it's long gone and it's easier to just ask here. What would cause you to stall if you drink either of the products? My friend asked her coach last Thursday and she said 1 a day is fine. It's 0/0/0. I was talking to this friend last night about being above last weeks weigh in and she said there is no way that it's the drink causing that. She has one, sometimes 2, a day and is losing every week. Her lowest weigh in was 1.8 and she's smaller than me to begin with. So, what is it that you think causes stalls when you drink it? I've had 1 or the other everyday since last Wednesday. I said I was going to stop but I haven't. Tell me why I should.

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2011, 08:45 AM   #4  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Pxlkitty Congrats on adding another cloud guy..149 is great.

I am down a pound and really working on entering the 50s.
Off to Seattle today to see my son. Have packets and veges packed!
Old 08-17-2011, 08:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Awful day yesterday. We put down my sweet yellow lab. She has had bone cancer since Jan. It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life but it is also a HUGE weight that has been lifted because she is not in pain anymore. It was real hard to see her like that and not be able to do anything for her. She has been going down hill real fast the last 2 weeks but the last 2 days were the worst. My girls took it real bad also. My youngest woke up crying all night and it was a real hard night for the whole family. She was my 3rd child and went everywhere with us. The vet was wonderful and came out to our house to do it.
I have made it through a lot of stressful things in the last 6 weeks but this was the worst. I ended up cheating REAL BAD with quite a few things in a 1 1/2 hour time period. I would have been fine but I had to run to town. Once I was there I drove by a few places and the comfort eating won. I felt like crap later last night and now am real tired thismorning. I am up 3 lbs today but am not going to beat myself up over it too much. I am the one that cheated and I need to get over it and move on. I also need to come up with a game plan for super stressful times so this does not happen again. I got home and told my husband I did a bad thing and not to think less of me. I told him exactly what I all ate and that it was a total emotional binge. He said he does not think any less of me and that he knows how much stress I was under. I am going to do boot camp for a few days and not weigh myself anymore all week. I know it was not worth it at all.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:56 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

So it really is WI day today and I made it past the 190 mark with a 189.6. I'm so glad because I didn't want my WI to be in the 190s for the 7th week in a row. I lost 2.2 this week.
I'm still struggling with diet fatigue. I'm finding that it's much more about the expectations that I should have lost more by now and that my weekly losses should be higher than the actual eating. I enjoy the food and I'm trying to inject some different foods into my menu and break out of my cauliflower and chicken rut.
So I am doing a lot of self-talk and trying to settle in for the long haul. But man, would I love to have a nice big loss one week soon!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Congrats on a new cloud guy!

Still nothing. I'm sure you guys are so interested in hearing my bathroom woes. I was down .2 this morning though somehow so I am 1.2 away from last weeks weigh in. I weigh in tomorrow so I hope like heck it's all gone.

I have a question about propel zero and powerade zero. I know there was a thread on it but it's long gone and it's easier to just ask here. What would cause you to stall if you drink either of the products? My friend asked her coach last Thursday and she said 1 a day is fine. It's 0/0/0. I was talking to this friend last night about being above last weeks weigh in and she said there is no way that it's the drink causing that. She has one, sometimes 2, a day and is losing every week. Her lowest weigh in was 1.8 and she's smaller than me to begin with. So, what is it that you think causes stalls when you drink it? I've had 1 or the other everyday since last Wednesday. I said I was going to stop but I haven't. Tell me why I should.

Thanks!
Even tho it says it is 0/0/0 some products are right under 1 carb so they are able to be listed as 0 carb. Keep in mind that is per serving. If a big bottle of powerade zero has like 2 or 3 servings that could possibly be up to almost 3 carbs! I know the propel 0 is a smaller bottle so there probably is only 1 serving in there but I would check. Also some ppl and more carb sensitive and the extra carbs could cause a stall. Some ppl have isues with the sweetness from the splenda makes them crave more sweet things. I just tried the propel zero in a bind the other day and it was wonderful. I had 1 bottle all day and mixed 1/4 the bottle at a time with my big water bottle to make it last longer. My thoughts are that if you are happy with your losses I would keep on drinking the propel zero but limit to 1 a day. Everyone is dif in what they can get away with when it comes to the 0/0/0 things
Old 08-17-2011, 09:28 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkib View Post
Even tho it says it is 0/0/0 some products are right under 1 carb so they are able to be listed as 0 carb. Keep in mind that is per serving. If a big bottle of powerade zero has like 2 or 3 servings that could possibly be up to almost 3 carbs! I know the propel 0 is a smaller bottle so there probably is only 1 serving in there but I would check. Also some ppl and more carb sensitive and the extra carbs could cause a stall. Some ppl have isues with the sweetness from the splenda makes them crave more sweet things. I just tried the propel zero in a bind the other day and it was wonderful. I had 1 bottle all day and mixed 1/4 the bottle at a time with my big water bottle to make it last longer. My thoughts are that if you are happy with your losses I would keep on drinking the propel zero but limit to 1 a day. Everyone is dif in what they can get away with when it comes to the 0/0/0 things
That's just it, I haven't lost anything this week. This week is the only week I've drank anything besides water. I was wondering if one had anything to do with the other.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:29 AM   #9  

Quote:
Awful day yesterday. We put down my sweet yellow lab. She has had bone cancer since Jan. It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life but it is also a HUGE weight that has been lifted because she is not in pain anymore. It was real hard to see her like that and not be able to do anything for her. She has been going down hill real fast the last 2 weeks but the last 2 days were the worst. My girls took it real bad also. My youngest woke up crying all night and it was a real hard night for the whole family. She was my 3rd child and went everywhere with us. The vet was wonderful and came out to our house to do it.
I have made it through a lot of stressful things in the last 6 weeks but this was the worst. I ended up cheating REAL BAD with quite a few things in a 1 1/2 hour time period. I would have been fine but I had to run to town. Once I was there I drove by a few places and the comfort eating won. I felt like crap later last night and now am real tired thismorning. I am up 3 lbs today but am not going to beat myself up over it too much. I am the one that cheated and I need to get over it and move on. I also need to come up with a game plan for super stressful times so this does not happen again. I got home and told my husband I did a bad thing and not to think less of me. I told him exactly what I all ate and that it was a total emotional binge. He said he does not think any less of me and that he knows how much stress I was under. I am going to do boot camp for a few days and not weigh myself anymore all week. I know it was not worth it at all.
Sorry about your dog! Mine is part of the family too and I don't know what I would do if something happened to him.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:34 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 187.6/156.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone! Thank you all for the applause yesterday for reaching my original goal It's so nice to have all of your support, sometimes, as many know, we don't get it from the people in our lives we would hope for it from.
Its about time: you asked if I stayed on phase one all the way...yes, I did. I will continue phase one till the end of August and then start phase two. I'm finding that I'm inbetween sizes right now so I'd like to lose a few more
Congrats to all that have had victories this week so far and I send encouragement vibes to all that need them.
Have a great OP day today everyone!

Last edited by Shanelle; 08-17-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:44 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Nikki - I am so sorry to hear about your dog. I know what you're going through and it's horrible. Hang in there.

I just returned from a 2 day mini-vacation in Victoria, where this diet was a huge challenge. It was impossible to get enough to eat or drink for 2 days. We walked (and pushed a 3 year old in a stroller) for hours and I simply was not able to get enough meat or vegetables in restaurants so I ended up exhausted and hungry. Of course couldn't drink enough water either due to lack of restrooms. I will say however that Victoria has far more public restrooms than my home town of Seattle and they are much nicer. The whole city seemed to be much cleaner and nicer than Seattle. I'd like to go back for another visit when I'm on maintenance and my kid can walk more!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:44 AM   #12  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Awful day yesterday. We put down my sweet yellow lab. She has had bone cancer since Jan. It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life but it is also a HUGE weight that has been lifted because she is not in pain anymore.
We had to put down our cat last October. She had cancer. My heart goes out to you all... Please celebrate her life, and mourn her loss. It is very hard. You'll get back on track with the diet when it is right for you. In the meantime, do your best to avoid food-centric places and circumstances, and ask someone to bring something healthy into the house for you.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:53 AM   #13  

Weigh is was this morning and I am down 4 pounds. Last week was zero so that's 2 pounds a week. I think it would have been more if the Big C hadn't been raising its ugly head. I'll try miralax again today. So that's 27 1/2 pounds in 8 weeks. I am very happy with that and happy to be in my size 12's again. We had a workshop on curriculum at school yesterday so I know I looked good. One "looking good" compliment.

Good luck to everyone weighing in today, drink your water!
Old 08-17-2011, 10:10 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
Nikki - I am so sorry to hear about your dog. I know what you're going through and it's horrible. Hang in there.

I just returned from a 2 day mini-vacation in Victoria, where this diet was a huge challenge. It was impossible to get enough to eat or drink for 2 days. We walked (and pushed a 3 year old in a stroller) for hours and I simply was not able to get enough meat or vegetables in restaurants so I ended up exhausted and hungry. Of course couldn't drink enough water either due to lack of restrooms. I will say however that Victoria has far more public restrooms than my home town of Seattle and they are much nicer. The whole city seemed to be much cleaner and nicer than Seattle. I'd like to go back for another visit when I'm on maintenance and my kid can walk more!

Hi, when we go to Victoria we stay at a wonderful suite hotel close to downtown. They have great mini-kitchens and food stores are very close so we can eat just like at home. Of course if it is halibut seasone we have to go out for fish and chips!
I found it originally on hotwire so got a good deal too. I can look up the name for you if you want to check it for another time.

I really like Seattle too, both wonderful cities.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:33 AM   #15  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanelle View Post
Good morning everyone! Thank you all for the applause yesterday for reaching my original goal It's so nice to have all of your support, sometimes, as many know, we don't get it from the people in our lives we would hope for it from.
Its about time: you asked if I stayed on phase one all the way...yes, I did. I will continue phase one till the end of August and then start phase two. I'm finding that I'm inbetween sizes right now so I'd like to lose a few more
Congrats to all that have had victories this week so far and I send encouragement vibes to all that need them.
Have a great OP day today everyone!
Congratulations! That is such a wonderful victory. Great job on the P1. I know you are going to love moving through the phases soon. I'm now on maintenance and still eeking down. I did have the 5 lb gain but that slowly came off and now I'm moving even lower. This is such a GREAT short term (sometimes seem long term) diet! Smile. Well done!
Closed Thread