Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
Oooh!! Caught his show this morning....quite interesting. He says "get rid of the sugar"!!! I wonder what his thoughts would be regarding IP!! Imagine if he endorsed it.....the whole world would get thin!!
YOu are so right! People trust him and he teaches in terms the non-doctor can understand. I am a big fan, I know other aren't. My SIL is a doc and my BIL is an anestesiologist and they said he is well thought of in the medical community.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:52 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
It was recently announced by IP to the clinics on a conference call.

They will be rolling out 3 new products over the next 3 months. The first is the Mango smoothie drink.

Just think, we might have cookies for the holidays! It could make things just a bit easier this year.

omg you truly are the best IP insider! When I asked today if they had the mango smoothie, my coach just had a bewildered look on her face "do you mean the mango and peach drink". I said no, I mean the RTD mango that I just saw on the IP website last night. Anyway, so glad to hear this.
Also, Carla, one question, a lot of people have mentioned here that the raspberry jello doesn't contain the same kind of amino acids or quality of protein than the other IP packets do, do you know more about this by any chance?

Last edited by Gika; 08-17-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:59 PM   #108  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gika View Post
omg you truly are the best IP insider! When I asked today if they had the mango smoothie, my coach just had a bewildered look on her face "do you mean the mango and peach drink". I said no, I mean the RTD mango that I just saw on the IP website last night. Anyway, so glad to hear this.
Also, Carla, one question, a lot of people have mentioned here that the raspberry jello doesn't contain the same kind of amino acids or quality of protein than the other IP packets do, do you know more about this by any chance?
My coach just got the new mango RTD drink in this week. Unfortunately, it was after my appointment.

The raspberry jelly and the blueberry pomegranate are made from gelatin rather than the normal protein blend. As such, they do not include all the amino acids. I was told to limit their use to twice per week by my coach. Instead, I use them as an "extra" packet after a workout when I'm having a 4-packet day.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:00 PM   #109  

Height: 5'4"

So I have a little NSV to share. I just got back from taking my dog for a hair cut and this is the first time ever that I haven't gone and eaten dinner at The Pizza Ranch while he's getting his hair cut! My kids were soooooo mad because we do it whether my husband is with or not so and this time I fooled them. I actually told them on the way and they were puzzled about what we would do and we just walked around a store the 30 minutes it took and went back as soon as they text me that he was done. Pizza is the one thing I miss the most so I am so proud of myself.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:04 PM   #110  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Yes, Last summer at the training conventions they announced that the jelly and the blueberry pom drink should no longer be used as sole use products or everyday (unless they were a 4th packet) because it was believed that their lack of the complete array of amino acids that the other packets are designed with might be a bit disadvantageous for some dieters.

As for the type of protein, the jelly uses a beef gelatin/collagen mix. It is not as completely absorbed as some of the other types of protein we get. (on average 96% of the protein you take in from the other packets is used by your body. That is great considering the protein of other sources (meat, fish, poultry, eggs, etc) is generally only 60 to 70% absorbed and useable.

I personally still love the jelly (cold, warm, or as a jello) and don't like to do without it.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 08-17-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:10 PM   #111  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
My coach just got the new mango RTD drink in this week. Unfortunately, it was after my appointment.

The raspberry jelly and the blueberry pomegranate are made from gelatin rather than the normal protein blend. As such, they do not include all the amino acids. I was told to limit their use to twice per week by my coach. Instead, I use them as an "extra" packet after a workout when I'm having a 4-packet day.
Thanks! I've had many jello and pomegranate drinks, mostly because my paperwork states exactly as follows: "if you are concerned about cellulite or loose skin, be sure to have one of the collagen packets every day: either the blueberry, cranberry & pomegranate drink or the raspberry gelatin".

EVERY DAY!! so.. arghh
Old 08-17-2011, 09:13 PM   #112  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Yes, Last summer at the training conventions they announced that the jelly and the blueberry pom drink should no longer be used as sole use products or everyday (unless they were a 4th packet) because it was believed that their lack of the complete array of amino acids that the other packets are designed with might be a bit disadvantageous for some dieters.

As for the type of protein, the jelly uses a beef gelatin/collagen mix. It is not as completely absorbed as some of the other types of protein we get. (on average 96% of the protein you take in from the other packets is used by your body. That is great considering the protein of other sources (meat, fish, poultry, eggs, etc) is generally only 60 to 70% absorbed and useable.

I personally still love the jelly (cold, warm, or as a jello) and don't like to do without it.
Thanks! I guess now the confusion is over... My clinic I guess just happens to be one year behind in information.

Last edited by Gika; 08-17-2011 at 09:13 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:27 PM   #113  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Thanks! I've had many jello and pomegranate drinks, mostly because my paperwork states exactly as follows: "if you are concerned about cellulite or loose skin, be sure to have one of the collagen packets every day: either the blueberry, cranberry & pomegranate drink or the raspberry gelatin".

EVERY DAY!! so.. arghh
Yeah, I know. I read that and ordered both. My coach then told me that they aren't good to have everyday. The one sheet seems so simple. There is a lot they could improve on.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:27 PM   #114  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Default Red dog Saga continues

So this morning I emailed a friend and told her about red dog... My friend works at My vet clinic, around 1 today she emailed me back and said my vet wants to see my dog as coyote bites can be very infectious (sp) and there was an opening at 420... so off to the vet I went twice in 3 days. Good news Rebel is okay she will be on meds for a week and I had to cold compress her wounds and then hot compress but she has been quite mellow and so UNLIKE my red dog. Who is a super hyper dog that wants to go walking all the time. It is weird when you are use to your dog being hyper and wanting to play all the time and she is so mellowed out kind of quiet in the house tonight.
So I live on the North west Side of Edmonton and this coyote has been around our area for quite some time. When I use to deliver papers at 3am I would see it a few blocks away from my neighborhood, but never this close. I think because we have so many rabbits in the area that it has migrated north of where it was. They are quite a pest here and have been known to take smaller animals and eat them. At the offleash we go to there are at least 3 seperate packs of them in the park. I have seen them a couple of times but from a distance or from across the river. If you are there at dusk you can hear them howling to each other. A friend who lives about 10 blocks from my place had a coyote stalk her and her dogs and she chased it and threw rocks at it and it didn't follow her anymore. Apparently you have to show them that this is your territory and it won't bother you after that. I know way more than what you wanted to know about coyotes... grew up on the farm where they use to chase the horses and try to bring down a young calf, with dogs they try to get the dog to follow them and then their pack surrounds the dog and kill it. That is why I was so worried about red dog.

Jd congrats, I think you started a week before me you have done so well. that is great I can't wait to catch up to you.

ALL - I rotate my pom-cran drink and my peach drink, I also have the jelly on a regular basis as I really like the taste of it. I also mix my peach mango/and raspberry jelly together and have them for two days... yum

I was told this week at the clinic that there is a new drink my coach thought it was a pommegranite in a bottle. She also said Mashed Potatoes and the 3rd is cookies... Interesting how we all hear at different times. Still haven't tried the dill pickle chips.

Soccermom - keep up the good work you are doing great.

showgirlz - thanks and we have really missed your knowledge and common sense answers. It is great to have you back.

Good night everyone and I promise no more red dog stories or coyote stories..
Old 08-17-2011, 11:34 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 129/129/113

Height: 5'2"

I tried the new mango RTD drink at my clinic last week. My expectations were low since I hate the peach mango drink. It was actually very good, but VERY thick. I didn't purchase it, but I might in the future. I would definitely need to water it down though, which sort of defeats the purpose of an RTD.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:51 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Oh no 2RC, I didn't realize the coyote had actually bitten your dog. When I read your post this morning I was thinking Ah, Edmonton, in what other large city can you encounter a rabbit and coyote to start your day.

My daughter just sold her house inthe NW (Dovercourt). It used to be crawling with rabbits there but doesn't seem to be nearly that number this year. Funny we don't hear about coyotes getting cats.

Glad your dog is going to be OK, must have been quite a scare for her and you.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 08-17-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:18 AM   #117  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Oh no 2RC, I didn't realize the coyote had actually bitten your dog. When I read your post this morning I was thinking Ah, Edmonton, in what other large city can you encounter a rabbit and coyote to start your day.

My daughter just sold her house inthe NW (Dovercourt). It used to be crawling with rabbits there but doesn't seem to be nearly that number this year. Funny we don't hear about coyotes getting cats.

Glad your dog is going to be OK, must have been quite a scare for her and you.

Pat
we actually don't think she got bit but better safe than sorry, her paw was scraped raw and she had two small punctures on her corpal tunnel joint so she thinks it might be a little stiff for a while. We have a lot of rabbits on my street too... they actually are little beggars too, they tease my dogs by sitting in our front yard in front of the big window so my dogs go nuts... glad my neighbors aren't too close to me... they would really hate me. Oh and I chooed my cat back in the house too..
Closed Thread