Old 08-17-2011, 03:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178.4/150.7/125

Height: 5'

Default 3 week stall!!

So I have not lost any weight in three weeks and I have been OP the whole time. I have no idea what's going on. I have also been doing that NOVIcleanse and I am wondering if its that. I still have 25lbs to lose so I am not at the end of my journey. ANyway...I was wondering if my body might think I am in starvation mode. People (not on IP) have suggested I have a cheat meal to shake things up a bit. I am afraid that this cheat meal will backfire on me, but I am at my wits end. My coounselor has not given me any explanation of why I am not losing, so I am hoping for more support from all of you wonderful peeps.
megabismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 152.8/139.4/125

Height: 5'3

I would suggest a cheat meal too - or just upping your protein for a couple of days. But I've always found that cheat meals can sometimes help me break a plateau - I think your body gets to used to something and acclimates. But a cheat meal doesn't have to be unplanned and disastrous. Many IPers seem to play around with extra protein packets sometimes when they hit a plateau. GOOD LUCK! Looking forward to seeing what more experiences IPers might have to say as well.
cherbee82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Height: 5'5"

It would be a good idea if you post here what your usual routine is as far as IP packets (including timing), veggies, water intake, supplements, exercise, etc so that a possible "culprit" could be spotted and/or suggestions given.

I understand that some people think that a cheat might be helpful. I personally would not advocate cheating at all.

Last edited by Gika; 08-17-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Gika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:58 PM   #4  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

What is your current day like for eating? Upping the protien is easier on your body than a full on cheat.
redhead14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:09 PM   #5  

Typical day for me:

8am: 16oz H20, Packet (crispy cereal or the egg omelet) & supplements
Try and drink another 16oz of H20 before lunch
12:30: 16-32oz of H20, 2 cups of veggies and a packet (soup or I blend the yogurt with ice, smetimes if I am at the beach I'll have a bar for lunch) & supplements
Try to drink another 16oz of H20 until dinner
6ish: Dinner is usually 8oz of chicken 3x's, meat2-3x's, or fish2x's a week, veggies usually grilled or roasted (all colored peppers, zucchini, brocolli, cauliflower, eggplant, mushrooms, cucumbers with salads, and 32oz of H20 & supplements
9ish: snack (a pudding, pina colada, the chocolate drink and once a week the crisps)
Before bed I had 16oz of H20 with 2 Novi-Lax

I guess thats a normal day. Times may change depending on what time I get up. I a school teacher so my day may start later on some days.

Hopefully someone can give me some pointers so that I can get over my hump. I am a slow loser. I have lost 26lbs in 12weeks.
Thank you for your help : )
Old 08-17-2011, 04:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Instead of going to a full blown cheat, maybe try doing a couple of P2 days or try adding a little extra protein (a couple of egg whites). Also, if you are enhancing your water with propel or Mio or using a lot of WF products, I would suggest taking some time off. I tend to lose better without them. I would also try cutting out the Novilax for the next week and see what happens. Also, you could try adding a 4th packet (low carb).

Have you been exercising? If not, maybe start.

Stick with it! To me, a cheat is the absolute last resort. But I have heard other Ip'ers swear by them, so I can't speak from experience. And you are still doing great! You are averaging just over 2# a week, which is exactly where I am as well.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by megabismom View Post
Typical day for me:

8am: 16oz H20, Packet (crispy cereal or the egg omelet) & supplements
Try and drink another 16oz of H20 before lunch
12:30: 16-32oz of H20, 2 cups of veggies and a packet (soup or I blend the yogurt with ice, smetimes if I am at the beach I'll have a bar for lunch) & supplements
Try to drink another 16oz of H20 until dinner
6ish: Dinner is usually 8oz of chicken 3x's, meat2-3x's, or fish2x's a week, veggies usually grilled or roasted (all colored peppers, zucchini, brocolli, cauliflower, eggplant, mushrooms, cucumbers with salads, and 32oz of H20 & supplements
9ish: snack (a pudding, pina colada, the chocolate drink and once a week the crisps)
Before bed I had 16oz of H20 with 2 Novi-Lax

I guess thats a normal day. Times may change depending on what time I get up. I a school teacher so my day may start later on some days.

Hopefully someone can give me some pointers so that I can get over my hump. I am a slow loser. I have lost 26lbs in 12weeks.
Thank you for your help : )
I eat almost exactly what you eat, no Novi-Lax. I too am a slow loser, this is my 7th week and I am only down 15 lbs. I weigh again on friday, but today is wednesday and I am exactly the same as I was last friday. I get down about it too, but the ladies here come along and cheer me right up! When I broke my neck and back and had no food or H2O for a month, I only lost 20 lbs and my doctor said most people would have lost double that and that was when I was only 28 yrs old, so I have always been a really slow loser and now being 53, post meno & hypo thyroid, it is ever dragging more. I was just talking with Hubby today at his lunch break and I truly wonder if it is worth it. I gain so very easily and I truly don't eat much or poorly... hmmmm
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Are you having lettuce at all? I think it was Jordanna who mentioned that her coach noticed that those who eat the most lettuce have the biggest losses. So you can start/upping your lettuce consumption.

Also, make sure you get your olive oil in.

Just a thought (not something that I've tried), but maybe try having only 5oz of chicken/meat instead of 8oz for one week, and add a low-carb packet instead. That way, your protein intake isn't reduced, but the fat/calorie count is.

As Jenny said too, I would highly suggest doing some form of moderate exercise.

Finally, I think it might be a good idea to do bootcamp! I'm actually doing it this week for the first time. No restricted packets, no restricted veggies.

I hope the stall breaks soon!
Gika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 247/180.8/170

Height: 5'5

Hi there,

I know what your going through, I am going through the same right now(actually have been going up a little without cheats). I called my coach today and she figures it is because I am doing 45-60 minutes of treadmill on an incline 7 days a week and possibly I have put my body into starvation mode. Tomorrow I have a meeting with her, she wants to try me on the alternative IP program for 2 weeks and increase to 4 packs a day to see what happens. I don't want to give up what I am doing on the treadmill, I really enjoy the exercise and feel better doing so. Hope this works!
lisalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:23 PM   #10  

I eat (4) packets on every day that I exercise- which is 5-6x per week. I think you will see results by adding the extra protein.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:51 PM   #11  

Thank you everyone for your input. I will definitely take everyone's suggestions. I do not enhance my water with anything and the only think I use on salads is olive oil. I might not be getting all my salad in or sometimes my veggies. I am planning to start walking, but have been battling with a really bad case of plantar fasciitis on both feet! So I guess I just have to hang in there.

I can't stop the novilax because I will get the big "C" right away. It sucks

I kind of have a feeling my body goes easily into starvation mode because from week to week my hunger levels are different. On really good weeks I don't crave or get hungry. Lately I have been hungrier and I have a feeling its because my body isn't getting enough. hmmm....

getting weighed tomorrow, hopefully my counselor will be more supportive and give me suggestions.

You guys are a lot more helpful than she is....

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:37 PM   #12  

Yes, these boards are a savior and I too find the information on here a lot more valuable than what I get from my coach.

Good luck and hopefully you will come out of the stall!
Old 08-18-2011, 08:24 AM   #13  
Me (middle) & Sistas

S/C/G: 141.8/138.4/117

Height: 5' 3"

I talked to my coach yesterday about not losing very fast. I'm averaging less than 1 pound a week. She suggested using only hormone free meats. I don't know if that will work, but I'm going to try that. ?????? Anyone else get that recommendation?
Celticgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celticgirl View Post
I talked to my coach yesterday about not losing very fast. I'm averaging less than 1 pound a week. She suggested using only hormone free meats. I don't know if that will work, but I'm going to try that. ?????? Anyone else get that recommendation?
I eat free range chicken and beef, just got a restock yesterday. I doubt it has anything at all to do with it. I am a really slow loser and I eat as organic as I can. You are way down in the lbs., so you should expect to lose very slowly now. You are doing fabulous!
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:16 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

I have had a stall the last three weeks as well. Just lost a pound and that too after running 3 miles. lets see what happens this week
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote