Old 08-11-2011, 01:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Do you obsess?

Its only my second week on the program but somehow it seems like my thoughts are consumed by this diet. I'm not having a hard time doing the program, its good thoughts like loving this site (which i'm on way too much during the work day), picturing the weight loss, thinking about much i will lose this week, what will I make for dinner tonight, stuff like that...

Am I the only crazy one here!
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Nope, I think that's totally normal. After a while, it becomes like second nature, and you won't need to think about it so much.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:46 PM   #3  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Its only my second week on the program but somehow it seems like my thoughts are consumed by this diet. I'm not having a hard time doing the program, its good thoughts like loving this site (which i'm on way too much during the work day), picturing the weight loss, thinking about much i will lose this week, what will I make for dinner tonight, stuff like that...

Am I the only crazy one here!
No you are not the only one. I talk about this program to so many because it is so great! I am on this site way too much as well but its like an addiction! can't get away from it. I like reading what people are going through, the suggestions they have and of course all of the different ideas of the ways to cook different things. I don't too much worry or wonder what I will lose from week to week because it will come off however my body decides to let it go. I stay OP so I know some weight and inches will come off each week. As for as what I will make for dinner, its just me so I never eat the same thing twice which is fun. My son always makes fun of me because I will be in the kitchen cooking my food, talking to myself about how to fix this or that(I'm not crazy...yet). So no you aren't the only one that obsesses about this diet. It is like my mom said we are enjoying doing it that is why we do that!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:00 PM   #4  

Oh I am terrible. I don't think about it all the time anymore because most things are habit by now but it's the numbers I'm always working with. Every week after weigh in it seems I am trying to figure out how much I need to lose by this date or what I'd lose by this date if I had this average and so on. It's rediculous. This morning I did 2lbs, 2.5lbs, 3lbs, and 3.5lbs per week and when I'd be at goal if I lost an average of those weights per week.

I write my weight down in my pocket calendar EVERYDAY. I write my measurements on a calendar in my bedroom every Thursday. I also mark the number of pounds I'm down for the week by inches lost in that calendar. I have a notebook that I have 10, 25, 50, 75, and 90% lost and then I write the date when I hit that percentage. In that same notebook I have 18 weeks of weigh ins (wishful thinking) labeled and I write the number of pounds I'm down each week and the average weight I've lost and I have another page for inches. I also have an excel sheet on my calendar in the kitchen where I write the totaly pounds and inches I've lost for the month and what I have left as far as pounds before I hit goal.

After typing all that I think I may be the crazy one. It's all second nature to me now so I don't think of how many places I have it recorded.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

You are definitely not allow. Although I am good at meeting my deadlines and multi- tasking, I am on here way too much. But this site and diet has made me happier and more productive, so that is good for my job!
shhhh, I'm on right now and probably shouldn't be...

I obsess too, writing everything down, planning meals, reading everyone's successes and failures. I love encouraging people, venting and laughing with everyone. It’s a virtual connection/family. We all are the only ones what really know what we are going through, even if we do have a supportive family. I think these new obsessions are positive and replace our old food habits/obsessions. It’s our new purpose and keeps us busy.

Side note, just have to tell someone (okay, just all of you!)…Yesterday my boyfriend saw my signature bar and he saw my starting weight…I think he was surprised I had weighed that much. He is the sweetest guy ever (been together over 8 ½ years), but I was still mortified. I threatened him not to ever tell anyone or judge me. Lol.
Oh well, I will work on my self esteem and paranoia. At least I know I will never be that weight again!
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:05 PM   #6  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

WOW and I thought I was bad....hahah

I WI put it in my phone, get home put it on here, put it on pxl spreadsheet and on the spreadsheet I have on my computer.

I don't do an averages or anything like that. I did notice that on pxlkitty's spreadsheet I am 20% to my goal which I did not realize. I only SEE a scale on my WI dates I don't have nor want one at home!...lol
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

I certainly obsess much the same as the rest of you... how much can I lose by this date? What size will I be in by my birthday? It is so much better than Weight Watchers where you are obsessing about how many points this and that is. IP is restrictive but super simple - no need to obsess about what you can eat because it all fits on one sheet of paper!
Pauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Oh and good warning about the signature bar! I need to keep my husband from looking over my shoulder. I would be horrified if he saw how much I weighed at the beginning or now!
Pauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:45 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 155/137.2/125 - Age 25

Height: 5'1

Like you I spend lots of my workday on this forum (like right now) I can't stop reading!
I write down everything too...I weigh myself every morning, its the first thing I do..it's almost the reason why I wake up because I want to see a lower number! I have all sorts of spreadsheets all over my computer as well - thought I was crazy!
Bride2Be310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 139/???/124

Height: 5'5''

Yes I am, and maybe too much: I'd finish the program 2 weeks ago and i'm maybe in Phase 4, I always have the impression to cheat when it's time to eat, whatever if it's permitted. Pasta, bread, veggies... OMG! My brain still want to have a weight control then i'm totally obsess. My BF if going crazy, i'm now going to the grocery alone 'cause i'm looking at all the nutrition facts!! Hope that I will be able to enjoy eating without thinking about the calories and carbs! :P
francess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:55 PM   #11  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

It may seem obsessive at first because it's new to you. You need to be in the moment, every moment. Since this is a NO CHEAT diet, there is really not much room to make mistakes, especially when considering the cost of the program. You have to stay on top of your diet. The intent is to teach you how to eat properly so that once you complete the phases of the program, your diet should then be on auto-pilot. As the days/weeks progress, I see it as being focused and determined to be a complete success. Good luck!
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:17 PM   #12  

I haven't told anyone in real life my weight. My hubby guessed and was way low so I let him think he knows what he's talking about. He does know I want to lose 60 pounds though and he just said the other night that he doesn't think I have 40 more to lose. So sweet but if he only knew!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:23 PM   #13  
Forty IS Fabulous!!

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

I obssess too--I think it is a good sign. I have in mind at all times what my personal mini (monthly) goals are and long-term.
Mariposa24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:38 PM   #14  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Oh I feel so much better, I'm not alone. I spend a lot of time at work on teleconferences and webex's and I have these pads filled with scribbles figuring out what I would weigh by christmas if I lost 1/week or 3/week or more. LOL

I also daydream about the clothes I want to wear when I'm slim

and yeah I am on here way to much at work. And I'm really not happy about that. About 8 years ago I was always on a forum at work - a forum for ex-jehovahs witnesses and it did truly become an addiction. Everyone got too caught up in drama. and I got involved with a man who turned out to be a very bad influence in my life. I nearly lost everything in 2004 because of that. I actually still have some friends from that forum that I value very much but the time I spent on there was ridiculous and it was hard to break the pattern.

So I'm going to make sure I don't get to that point again.

But right now I'm just as bad as all of you - thinking about IP and my future slimness constantly! LOL
JackieGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:01 AM   #15  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

OMG talk about obsessing! This morning I went through a bunch of posts, logged all the WI3 weight losses and averaged them out to see what is the norm so I can be realistic in my expectations.

BTW, the average for WI 3 is 2.6 pounds. So if I lose that I will be happy and NOT disappointed.
JackieGee is offline   Reply With Quote