Old 08-09-2011, 09:31 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieGee View Post
I agree with Wuv2. I have often gone out for a dinner or cocktails with friends and had only water, because I have to drive. It used to bother me when I was young but then I had to get drunk to relax and even go out because I was so shy. Now what I'm drinking is not an issue. And when it comes to choosing food in a restaurant, I'm fine with ordering a steak or chicken and salad because I'm there for the company not the food usually.

However, if you feel restricted then it may not be the diet for you for sure.

Hubby and I like to have a glass of wine with dinner. That adds up to two bottles a week. as I am not having it now he decided not to either. So a savings of up to $25 a week right there. When looking at the cost of the plan I look also at what I am not buying.

As for drinking when I go out I don't because like Jackie I have to drive. Also it adds way too much to the cost of the meal. But a salad with grilled chicken or a steak with veggies has always been my favorite choices anyway so this plan works well.

But if you find it hard to stick with it likely is not the plan for you. But do yourself a favour and get on something that does work before any more weight comes back, I know from sad experience that can happen in the blink of an eye.

The Lean Belly Diet by Dr Travis Stork (yes, the Bachelor!) is not as restrictive and fairly low carb.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:42 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 326.8/see sig/190

Height: 5'2"

I have done weight watchers and didn't like the slow progress I had losing weight. I have PCOS so no carbs have been hard for me. I have yo-yo'd so much and blew up to 315 pounds dieting. I don't recall a time when I was not overweight but looking at my highschool photos I was "skinny" compared to now. I like you hated giving up my foods and always tried to sneak them in, the only problem I had was that I would eat too many etc. I had no will power. I think that the best thing you can do is not look at it as a diet but a lifestyle change which weight watchers promotes. If you don't want to go to the meetings because of cost there are other resources out there. Just make sure you write down everything you eat, and what you feel and be accountable for what you are eating. Look at it weekly, think of ways you can change it whether it is portion control only having 1 dessert every week or whatever you are willing to do. I agree with that if you want those extra items then you should work for them by working out. But make it a point that you are eating to live not living to eat. If going out to socialize with friends is what you need to do maybe suggest doing other activites than going to restaurants like go for a walk around the mall and shop. Something where it's not focused around food and drinks.
bludolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Do you mind exercise? If not, I would recommend looking at Bill Phillips "Eating for Life" / "Body for Life". It is a lower calorie way of eating but you get to have some carbs and fats. It also has a built in cheat day, once a week. The catch is that the program calls for exercise, and I don't know your activity level. I did EFL many years ago and really liked it and it was totally livable. One of the reasons on am doing IP is because I sort of fell off the wagon. And before I found IP, I was ready to start back with EFL.

Also, WW is always an easy go to. That program is by far the least restrictive out there. As long as you stay at your point level, you can essentially have anything you want. And it is not very expensive.

And finally, you can always just try good old fashioned calorie counting. And you can use the knowledge you gained on IP- trying to keep carbs down and proteins up. Kind of a modified P3 or P2 and maybe have a cheat day or cheat meal worked in there. And just account for some cheese and cream and keep the breads and rices to a minimum.

Hope this helps!
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #19  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

"low sugar, lower carbs, non-insulin spiking foods" sounds like South Beach to me.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote