Old 08-04-2011, 07:37 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default IP Daily Chat- Thursday, August 4

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.

When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. You can search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:40 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

I'm up and at it- posting early today because we'll be leaving for our road trip soon. I have my food packed, veggies chopped, I'm ready (IP-wise) to go. The other stuff, well maybe not so much
I'm sure I'll be online at some point in the next week, but until then have a great week everyone! I look forward to hearing all about everyone's success!
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Wishing everyone a 100% OP day today!

I've been off the scale for 2 weeks (except coaches scale) and have never been happier or less stressed about how all of this is working.

Looking forward to all your WI and NSVs today!

Jo

Last edited by JoLoMN; 08-04-2011 at 07:48 AM.
JoLoMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/170/140

I'm officially on day one of my 2 weeks vacation and I"m also getting ready for a road trip to Newfoundland visiting family. My WI is tonight, I"ve lost 20lbs so far since mid June, but getting nervous about our trip. I've been making a list on what I can bring to eat. We had to do an overnighter on a ferry boat to get there and all day car ride. There will be so many temptations there. My mother in law is a great cook and we will be eating out also. So I"ve planned daily hiking trips because I know Its going to be hard for me. I haven't had any alcool since and I would like to be able to enjoy a glass of wine in the eveings with family. So I won't let myself get down when I return and if I weigh more, I"ve been doing pretty good so far but will do my best to straighten the road if I veer off track while I"m there. wish me luck
Bling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:06 AM   #5  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Thanks MovingON for starting the daily thread.

We were at a pool party last night. When my son (3 yrs old) was done swimming, he climbed out of the pool using his newly learned skills from his first swim lesson last week. Unfortunately, when he stood up, he lost his balance, and fell back into the pool. I had already gotten out, but saw it happen, span around, jumped in, and fished him out. The pool was only 2.5 ft deep at that part. I put him up on my knee, and looked up to see about 10 people standing around staring at us.

The lifeguard asked if we were both ok. I said "Dylan, are you ok?" He coughed twice and was fine... We were both a little shaken up. It made me realize that I am SO thankful to be doing a program that is making me healthier. Not that I couldn't have fished him out 50lbs ago, but I sure was FAST... The lifeguard then asked if I was ok, and I replied "Yes, I am fine. This is why I am never more than 2ft away from him in the pool"... Everyone laughed.

EDITING -- my knee started hurting around 9pm. I realized that I had tweaked it somehow when I turned/jumped simultaneously, and only started hurting after the adrenaline had stopped. It's ok today, but I know THAT would have hurt a whole lot more 50lbs ago.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 08-04-2011 at 08:44 AM.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 235/165/135 (IP 165/151.5/135)

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post

We were at a pool party last night. When my son (3 yrs old) was done swimming, he climbed out of the pool using his newly learned skills from his first swim lesson last week. Unfortunately, when he stood up, he lost his balance, and fell back into the pool. I had already gotten out, but saw it happen, span around, jumped in, and fished him out. The pool was only 2.5 ft deep at that part. I put him up on my knee, and looked up to see about 10 people standing around staring at us.

The lifeguard asked if we were both ok. I said "Dylan, are you ok?" He coughed twice and was fine... We were both a little shaken up. It made me realize that I am SO thankful to be doing a program that is making me healthier. Not that I couldn't have fished him out 50lbs ago, but I sure was FAST... The lifeguard then asked if I was ok, and I replied "Yes, I am fine. This is why I am never more than 2ft away from him in the pool"... Everyone laughed.
I'm so glad you are both okay!!!! My son did that at about his age and it was scary!!!

Today is my "Friday" at work and tomorrow is the dreaded WI #5. I have been extra cautious this week since several people have small setbacks on WI #5. I guess I will see tomorrow if it paid off! I am really enjoying my new food from Nashua. So far, everything has tasted fantastic! I had the chocolate drink yesterday for lunch and it tasted just like the fat free chocolate milk I buy my kiddos. For my snack I had the Caramel crunch bar - I was in choclate/caramel heaven . This weekend is going to be crazy busy as my kiddos start back to school on Thursday. We are having our Tax Free shopping weekend this weekend so I guess I will fight the crowds and get it all done. Hope everyone has a fantastic OP day (and weekend if I don't get a chance to check back in)!
cadenlevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Red face

Quote:

Glad he was ok but what a scare! I can't wait to see how easier it is to move around after i lose most of my weight.

I'm on day 4 now of my first week, should I be in ketosis yet? I don't feel any of the signs that would say that I am...
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 135.6/127/120

Feeling off this week. Not feeling sick though. Like on Monday I was driving to work and then though it was Thursday so I turned around and went to the bank and grocery store to only realize it was really Monday, then I was late for work. I'm having strange dreams and have no energy. I never forget a meal, yesterday I got home and my 3pm shake was still in my bag, I totally thought I drank it. Its not like I am old and getting altimeters I'll be 38 in a couple of weeks. Also i have been getting headaches that really never happent to me at this point of the diet. Been on IP for almost 5 weeks now and have felt good w/the exception of the first week. Maybe I do have a bug or something hope the rest of the week gets better...this morning I can't seem to function though my head feels like its in a daze and I already had a coffee that didn't help much.

Well have a great OP IP Day everyone!
niknakjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:49 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Default Finally, Onederland!!! :)

With less than 3 months to go before the BIG DAY (my brother's wedding), I'm really trying to stick to it. I've been on strict bootcamp this week, and it's really paid off so far!! I'm weighing every day this week, just to make sure I am accountable for each day, and I've lost 3 pounds since Sunday. YAY!!

FINALLY in onederland... can't remember when I've been down below 200 lbs... I guess all those little cheats that I thought wouldn't matter - did matter! If I give myself a centimeter, apparently I take a foot, and that just pulled me down into carb-cravings that I thought were gone forever. Back in a routine since Monday, really enjoying being back OP and hoping for the best over the next few weeks.

It is unfortunate that I have to avoid most social situations to control myself, but hey - it's worth it in the end, right?!!
katiebeth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:52 AM   #10  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebeth7 View Post
It is unfortunate that I have to avoid most social situations to control myself, but hey - it's worth it in the end, right?!!
Take your own food so that you can still be social. I take little bags of cut up bell peppers, celery, etc., plus a bag of ridges. I watched people eat cookies and pizza in front of me yesterday, and didn't care. I came home to my chicken shawarma and roasted veggies and didn't feel at all deprived.

Oh, there is saying. "Don't give up what you want most for what you want now." That helps me get through...
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:05 AM   #11  

Pxlkitty4: Pools are my worst nightmare. I don't leave my kids either and they are 5 and 8. I dread summer when they go to the pool with daycare even though their daycare is my aunt and I know she watches them close.

I had my 6th weigh in this morning. I am only down 1 pound. Seems the woosh fairy got lost on her way here. Maybe by next week she'll be able to find me. I think TOM is gone so she is more than welcome to stop by.

I did lose 4 inches though also so that brought my spirits up a little.

I also brought the "these will never fit me so why am I even keeping them" jeans up from my basement so they are staring me in the face everyday for more motivation. Some of them are bigger sizes than I am in now. So weird. Why can't sizing just be universal?

Last edited by ItsAboutTime; 08-04-2011 at 09:07 AM.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #12  

Oh crap, I forgot to tell you another coworker noticed today. And it was another male. Maybe women are just jealous or too scared to comment.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:11 AM   #13  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Pxlkitty4..What is chicken shawarma? is it in the recipe archives? I am glad you were able to move quickly to grab your son in the water. losing 50 pounds does make a difference.

Its about time.. I like your name..fits me also as it is about time I get these pounds off. I am glad at least the men noticed your loss. People are weird about others losing weight..maybe they feel threatened by it. I have not been at work for two months and return in 2 weeks. It should be interesting to see if anyone notices anything. The clothing size thing is crazy..sizes are by no means universal.

Busymom.you should be in ketosis by now if you are following the plan. Good luck on your first week.

I am up early today..ready to transplant a bamboo plant and to attack weeds in the yard.
Those new dill pickle ridges are great with tuna except that cuts out a snack for me. My scale is not moving but staying the same.

Last edited by Maile; 08-04-2011 at 09:16 AM.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:11 AM   #14  

Quote:
Take your own food so that you can still be social. I take little bags of cut up bell peppers, celery, etc., plus a bag of ridges. I watched people eat cookies and pizza in front of me yesterday, and didn't care. I came home to my chicken shawarma and roasted veggies and didn't feel at all deprived.

Oh, there is saying. "Don't give up what you want most for what you want now." That helps me get through...
I do the same. I grab a bar if I know there will be dessert or pickles if I know they will have salty and crunchy and most times I can be found with a baggie of cauliflower in my purse because this diet isn't going to slow me down.

I saw that quote on pinterest and had to pin it because it's so great!
Old 08-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #15  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebeth7 View Post

FINALLY in onederland... can't remember when I've been down below 200 lbs... I guess all those little cheats that I thought wouldn't matter - did matter! If I give myself a centimeter, apparently I take a foot, and that just pulled me down into carb-cravings that I thought were gone forever. Back in a routine since Monday, really enjoying being back OP and hoping for the best over the next few weeks.
Congratulations!! Onederland is a very special place to be. Enjoy it along with all the benefits of renewed health that it brings with it. Really take time to acknowledge that it's been a long time since you've been here before.

I so get it about giving yourself a centimeter and taking a foot.... or a mile. I don't think you're unique with that.
calee is offline   Reply With Quote