3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat - Fri, 7/29 - Sun, 7/31 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/239428-ip-weekend-chat-fri-7-29-sun-7-31-a.html)

wuv2bloved 07-29-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Determinedat47 (Post 3963214)
I agree. I try to drink a gallon of water a day- if I drink too much more, I get dizzy. But the more water I drink, the better my loss for the week. My coach says no propel, no crystal light, no mio, no diet pop, no coffee syrups.:dizzy:

My coach says I can have MIO and thecoffee splenda syrups just use with moderation.

haggis 07-29-2011 09:51 PM

Hi All,

New here and wondering what the IP diet is. I have done well on a low carb diet in the past - works well with my metabolism. is it anything similar?

Bellamack 07-29-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Determinedat47 (Post 3963214)
I agree. I try to drink a gallon of water a day- if I drink too much more, I get dizzy. But the more water I drink, the better my loss for the week. My coach says no propel, no crystal light, no mio, no diet pop, no coffee syrups.:dizzy:

Wow. I think I will back off the Propel (even though she told me to increase it) and replace with regular filtered water. We will see if that makes a difference. She said the Propel is good because it has electrolytes and is made with Sucralose. The coffee syrups made with Splenda she said were fine. hmmmmmmmm. she did say no pop of any kind or crystal light.

I am going just H2O, I am paying too much not to get maximum benefit. If you don't mind asking your coach why no Propel and why one coach would encourage it and another would say "no". thx

wuv2bloved 07-29-2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 3963240)
Wow. I think I will back off the Propel (even though she told me to increase it) and replace with regular filtered water. We will see if that makes a difference. She said the Propel is good because it has electrolytes and is made with Sucralose. The coffee syrups made with Splenda she said were fine. hmmmmmmmm. she did say no pop of any kind or crystal light.

I am going just H2O, I am paying too much not to get maximum benefit. If you don't mind asking your coach why no Propel and why one coach would encourage it and another would say "no". thx

I don't remember the reasoning behind it all I remember is her saying NO....so NO to me is stay FAR away from it....lol

niknakjack 07-29-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leganegan (Post 3962762)
haha yes, you have to cut and paste it. copy it once you create it, it gives you the code to copy, then under User CP go to Edit Signature and you can paste into edit signature box.

Ah, yes. I got it. Thank You!

brandam6 07-29-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longdivision (Post 3962668)
well ladies, today is my first day of phase 2. i must say, it's a bit weird switching up the way i eat after having done the same thing every day for almost 7 months.

Way to go!!

Determinedat47 07-29-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 3963240)

Good old water is obviously always the best choice. Even thou crystal light, the syrups, etc say 0/0/0, they still have carbs. They can advertise 0 if there is less that 1 per serving. Also, the sweeteners can trigger cravings in some people so my coach and the dr. That over see's it say no to those. Also another part of the rational is to break the cycle of needing so many treats- the puddings, etc are supposed to be enough. That being said, on weekends I treat myself to a flavored coffee or some mio but my clinic discourages that.:smug::smug:

brandam6 07-29-2011 10:07 PM

Thank you for all the congratulations from yesterday.

Congrats to all of you for another OP day!

petie 07-29-2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 3962806)
Yes wuv2b,
I am drinking, ~ 48 ozs. of Propel and 48 ozs. of regular H2O. She also said she would like me to drink some unsweetened coconut water, but she said it is quite bitter. I am going to go to Wegmans and get some, I'll add some of the Torani syrup I got to make it less bitter, she said that would be fine. Are you taking the enzymes? I have not had any stomach or bowel troubles at all, but she wants me to try them.

Propel has carbs, sugar and calories. Not only is that not considered water, it's not allowed. Coconut 'water' has more carbs/sugar/calories than the Propel. Whatever you're going to be doing with your beverages I'm hoping works for you, BUT 96 ounces of regular H2O, has you see it, is a minimum. Please get that into you every day.

petie 07-29-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longdivision (Post 3962668)
well ladies, today is my first day of phase 2. i must say, it's a bit weird switching up the way i eat after having done the same thing every day for almost 7 months. i am only one pound away from my goal, but it would be nice to get a bit lower in phase 2 and 3 so that i have some room for the glycogen stores to come back. i am quite excited to be phasing off though! it's been a long journey and i have lost A LOT of weight. this is the main reason i decided to phase off now... a few days ago i started to notice that my size 6 skinny jeans were getting baggy. i'm 5'7 with a medium frame, and my current measurements are 36-27-35. i'd like for my waist to be a bit smaller, but it seems like it's all just coming off my hips and butt right now and i don't like that because they are already smaller than my bust (i'm basically and A cup, by the way), and i don't want to look weird and top heavy. anyhow, i figured it was time to phase off and begin working out to tighten all the loose skin. yes ladies, there will be loose skin... even with the collagen packets, although mine isn't that bad, it just makes me look a little bigger than i actually am. nothing a bit of P90X and Krav Maga classes can't fix.

anyhow, to all of you new/newish folk... i never thought this diet would work for me. i had tried everything from calorie counting to 2 hours in the gym a day 6 days a week for 6+ months straight to even a stint of bulimia in my high school years. i though i was doomed to be overweight/obese for life. in just under 7 months of IP i have lost 90 lbs and gone from a tight size 16 to a loose size 6. my current body fat % takes me out of the average category and well into the "fitness" category (this makes me laugh cause i get out of breath walking up the stairs from the subway!). anyhow, the point is, this diet works and it will work for you if you just follow the plan and say dedicated!!! you are all already some of the smartest people i know for deciding to join this program. keep it up ladies!!!

Oh I love this story Laura, you are a hero and you have been such a beautiful positive force. I know how proud you must be....I am for you too. Way to go little girl! (I can say that I'm old)

Determinedat47 07-29-2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petie (Post 3963291)
Propel has carbs, sugar and calories. Not only is that not considered water, it's not allowed. Coconut 'water' has more carbs/sugar/calories than the Propel. Whatever you're going to be doing with your beverages I'm hoping works for you, BUT 96 ounces of regular H2O, has you see it, is a minimum. Please get that into you every day.

Yeah-I really do not understand the coconut water AT ALL.:?:

MomNeedsTaShrink 07-29-2011 10:28 PM

WF coupon expires July 31!

Just used my WF coupon CL-2111-05 (sorry if sharing isn't allowed)! Buy 5 get 5 free!

I also had kohlrabi for the first time ever tonight and it was amazing! Thank for all the ideas!

Have a relaxing weekend! :carrot:

petie 07-29-2011 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MomNeedsTaShrink (Post 3963316)
Just used my WF coupon CL-2111-05 (sorry if sharing isn't allowed)! Buy 5 get 5 free!

I also had kohlrabi for the first time ever tonight and it was amazing! Thank for all the ideas!

Have a relaxing weekend! :carrot:

OMGOODNESS....you're the best. I JUST received an order and you sent me flying into the kitchen to check on their shelf life. I tried some coupon codes that just didn't cut it, so thank you for this.

MomNeedsTaShrink 07-29-2011 11:41 PM

Awesome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by petie (Post 3963330)
OMGOODNESS....you're the best. I JUST received an order and you sent me flying into the kitchen to check on their shelf life. I tried some coupon codes that just didn't cut it, so thank you for this.

You are very welcome! :)

whirlybird68 07-30-2011 01:19 AM

On one of these threads i saw a link to calculate your percentage of weight lost. I can't find the link now, but i tried it and could get all of info input but it would not give me the percentage in the end. What to do?