3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat - Fri, 7/29 - Sun, 7/31 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/239428-ip-weekend-chat-fri-7-29-sun-7-31-a.html)

sandyh50 07-30-2011 02:33 PM

WElcome to all the newcomers and congrats on all the Scale victories and nonscale victories!!

Woot,woot, I bought several size 14 capris at garage sales and they ALL fit!!! I was totally excited because I was wearing a size 18 at the beginning of the summer.

I also got to "talk' to my son in Afghanistan on the internet and was glad to do so. He works for a defense contractor in the computer industry, (IT stuff). He was excited because after 3 months he is no longer in a barracks with 200 beds where he slept on the top bunk, but now has his own room with a fridge, tv and shower! He said that is a big deal there!! He puts in 12 hour days 7 days a week as there is nothing else to do.

niknakjack 07-30-2011 02:39 PM

Congrats to everyone os their weight losses this week and welcome to all the new Ip'ers out there.

Today I used Rhubarb for the first time
2 cups Rhubarb in pan with water and Torani sugar free strawberry syrup
simmer 10minutes till soft
1 Packet IP oatmeal made w/2.5 oz. lukewarm water added cinnamon to it
put cooked rhubarb in a single serve casserole spread oatmeal on top
bake in 350 over till oatmeal is cooked say 10-15 minutes or so
dollop a spoonful of Vanilla IP pudding on top
very yummy, got the idea off the stickys and tweaked it a bit

It turned out Yummy, Just like Rhubarb Cobbler if you will!

niknakjack 07-30-2011 02:42 PM

Ip Oatmeal Pancake

I sampled this the other day too it was very good1

1 packet IP Oatmeal mixed w/2.5 oz. lukewarm water
cook in sprayed heated skillet just like a pancake
serve w/WF Maple Syrup

Its tasyes even better that the oatmeal itself!

amaliayosa 07-30-2011 03:38 PM

I'm starving and its an hour and 1/2 until dinner. Ughh, I am on day 4 and was fine up until now. Suggestions for legal snacks? I usually eat my snack between breakfast and lunch.

brummie 07-30-2011 03:39 PM

Whoosh....there it is!

WI 16 for me today and i lost 5lbs!!! still can't believe it! (sorry, can't remember the inches, my coach did tell me...a little distracted, me thinks)
I thought I'd share what i did this week, I've pretty much been eating the same IP food every day for 15 weeks (2 choc shakes & 1 bbq ridges), but I changed it up a bit last week:
I stopped drinking the choc shake mix, and replaced it with the choc rtd
Also changed out my bbq ridges for the sourcream soy nuts.
For dinner I ate chicken, fish or eggs (no beef, pork or lean deli meats)
No pickles or egg whites as extras (that was a tough one!)
No WF salad dressings (just olive oil/salt/pepper on roasted veggies or salads)
Upped my water to 3.5 liters

I hate to say this, but I also did absolutely nothing in the way of exercising. I usually walk the dogs everyday...but this past week I was either too busy or lazy to do it (hence the shame). Don't worry, the dogs get walked 3-4 times a day...just not by me this week!

I don't know if this info helps, but I thought I would share it.

Watkat 07-30-2011 03:50 PM

Congratulations on the weight loss!!

karenfromtexas 07-30-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angell (Post 3962186)
ok can anyone give me some rescipes I have been on the IP for 2 weeks and the food was good at first but the same thing everyday is getting boring can anyony help me PLEASE

Angell,

If you'll look at the sticky at the top of the page, you will find tons of recipes, helpful hints for newbies, FAQ's and more. I found it very helpful to read when I first started. I go back to it often because people add to it frequently. Good luck!

Karen

Sherwood 07-30-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fattu (Post 3964119)
HI ALL!
Im new to the 3fatchicks site.
I've also just started the Ideal Protein Program yesterday!
I think carbs miss me, but I am trying very hard not to miss them!

Welcome here! Doesn't matter how much you have to lose - you've made the biggest step - the first one!! Congratulations. As far as carbs go, the cravings dropped off for me dramatically by week 2. By the second month, I could honestly say I didn't miss the potatoes - I missed all the junk I put on them (butter, cheese, bacon bits, onion) and realized I didn't miss rice at all, or the breads. As the former "Queen of Sandwiches" this came as a bit of a surprise, but I can't seeing myself going back to any of it (except on a rare occasion). It's quite amazing what your body gets used to. By the third week I could barely look at a salad, and now I crave them.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST 07-30-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porthardygurl (Post 3963875)
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

2 NSVS!!

My co-worker commented on how my tummy doesnt hang down as much and its not all big like im pregnant! Yay! And...Someone offered me a peice of chocolate and i said NNNNNNNNNAAAAAANNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Cause im on a diet! and im stickin too it.. and he was like "oh im sorry" and im like :) thats okay.. im not even tempted by it! and i truly wasnt..

Oh and the day before..me and my hunny went to dinner...and i ordered a salad!!! thats right! a salad!!!! and stayed 100% OP! So boooooo frickin ya!!!!

Oh and did i mention ive officially lost 15 pounds!!!!!! Woot Woot!!!

Congrats Porty you have come a long way keep it up... we are rooting for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime (Post 3963915)

And to make passing up all the yummy cakes, bars, and cookies worth it......this morning I was down 1 pound from Thursday making it 20lb total! I obviously won't record it until Thursday but it still put a smile on my face.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

You are doing so well in a stressful situation, keep it up, you get through this you can get through this diet with flying colors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoLoMN (Post 3963988)
Enjoyed reading your posts everyone.

Congrats on all the WI and NSV victories! Your stories motivate and encourage me.

Continuing to stay off the scale and makes me a happier camper every day I do!

NSV #1- Went to Victoria's Secret (normally I only shop there for my daughter) and told the dressing assistant I had lost a lot of weight recently and had no idea what size I was. She had me in the dressing room trying on things and out on the floor picking new items in no time and WITHOUT embarrassment! I was on some level dredding the experience, and surprisingly felt really good about. Hey, and the girls look good today!

NSV #2: At the mall, I found myself walking into several stores that I would not have dreamed of walking into 5 months ago - assuming the clerks would be looking at me thinking "this store isn't for you" or "we don't carry your size" and I found clerks approaching me, telling me about thier sales and being extremely friendly. Not sure if it was in my head before, or if just how I felt about myself...

Now, I just need to figure out which are my new favorite stores to shop in, that carry the types of things I like to wear, that are appropriate for my age, and are the quality I am willing to pay for. No more "only discount store prices" or "these are good enough for me". I am paying a lot to improve my health and I want my wardrobe to match.

Hope you all have an OP Weekend!
Jo

Congrats, you are braver than me, I haven't stepped in a store yet... kind of scared, some day soon I will walk in and try it out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2011weightbegone (Post 3964040)
good morning everyone! This is my first posting and not sure if I am doing this right. I look forward to reading the posts on here, they have helped me so much along the way with my IP journey that I thought it was time for me to give posting a try. I will introduce myself better later if this posting works for me.

Welcome, enjoy your journey.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fattu (Post 3964119)
HI ALL!
Im new to the 3fatchicks site.
I've also just started the Ideal Protein Program yesterday!
I think carbs miss me, but I am trying very hard not to miss them!
My WI is on Friday the 5th.

I have a long way to go, but just thinking short term.
Im 5'6 and 264
So hopefully I'll have a great first week!

Good luck to you all!

Welcome, you will be surprised at how fast you lose weight. I am getting to the end of month 6 and 71 lbs... it comes off without you really knowing until your pants fall off you as your walking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brummie (Post 3964236)
WI 16 for me today and i lost 5lbs!!! still can't believe it! (sorry, can't remember the inches, my coach did tell me...a little distracted, me thinks)
I thought I'd share what i did this week, I've pretty much been eating the same IP food every day for 15 weeks (2 choc shakes & 1 bbq ridges), but I changed it up a bit last week:
I stopped drinking the choc shake mix, and replaced it with the choc rtd
Also changed out my bbq ridges for the sourcream soy nuts.
For dinner I ate chicken, fish or eggs (no beef, pork or lean deli meats)
No pickles or egg whites as extras (that was a tough one!)
No WF salad dressings (just olive oil/salt/pepper on roasted veggies or salads)
Upped my water to 3.5 liters

I hate to say this, but I also did absolutely nothing in the way of exercising. I usually walk the dogs everyday...but this past week I was either too busy or lazy to do it (hence the shame). Don't worry, the dogs get walked 3-4 times a day...just not by me this week!

I don't know if this info helps, but I thought I would share it.

Brummie that is great, you should be very proud of yourself. Have a great weekend.

LongDiv - you are amazing thank you for sharing with us.

NSV - kind of a weird one but I will take it. I was scheduled to give blood today, and I wasn't able to. The reason, my pulse was too low it has to be at least 50. They took my pressure 4 times after the first 2 I was told to go for a walk and come back in 10 minutes. I came back and the 3rd try, the nurse finally looked at me and said you must be really relaxed..then she said You must exercise a lot to have such a low pulse. I told her I had been dieting and she told me to keep it up as it is working. So I left happy and made another appointment for next saturday... I have been keeping track of my blood pressure, before I started IP my blood pressure was 185/65 today it is 103/53. This diet works so well as long as you stay on track and true to the program and don't put your own twist on it.
I see every day the positive of following the program. It is wonderful, and welcome newbies, this diet has been a renewal of my life. I am proud to tell people how I lost (only when they really want to know) and I do like the comments now... still a little embarrassing but beginning to like it, even when I know that under my clothes there is a lot of loose skin. Have a great weekend.

karenfromtexas 07-30-2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pauley (Post 3963914)
So we hosted a barbecue/family reunion at our house and I made it through the whole thing IP, answered the normal questions... "yes it's a weird diet, and no I can't eat fruit even though it's healthy blah blah blah". I made great food but could only eat the vegetable tray and a little piece of meat of course. Guests brought the dessert so I was cutting up and serving people slabs of cheesecake and blueberry cookie cobbler with whipped cream! It was a killer but I didn't even lick my finger.

So get this - after it's all over and I've cleaned up, I collapse in front of the TV with my little bag of chocolate soy puffs and am savoring them one by one when hubby says "hey, those look pretty good, can I have some?" I almost strangled his cheesecake and baby back rib snarfing throat!

I'm pretty sure he won't ask again...

I know the feeling! My 16-year-old and my husband always want my SW cheesecurls and the soy puffs. If I'm feeling generous, I give them a littlel; if not, I don't. Meanwhile, they chow down on all kinds of contraband, like the stuff you mentioned. Then, after all that, they both complain that their clothes are tight, need to lose some weight, etc. Go figure, right?? Have a great weekend!

Karen

fattu 07-30-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood (Post 3964279)
Welcome here! Doesn't matter how much you have to lose - you've made the biggest step - the first one!! Congratulations. As far as carbs go, the cravings dropped off for me dramatically by week 2. By the second month, I could honestly say I didn't miss the potatoes - I missed all the junk I put on them (butter, cheese, bacon bits, onion) and realized I didn't miss rice at all, or the breads. As the former "Queen of Sandwiches" this came as a bit of a surprise, but I can't seeing myself going back to any of it (except on a rare occasion). It's quite amazing what your body gets used to. By the third week I could barely look at a salad, and now I crave them.

I am totally looking forward to not having the cravings anymore...
2weeks? Thats not too bad at all. I gotta stick with it, thats forsure!

Linden 07-30-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niknakjack (Post 3964179)

Today I used Rhubarb for the first time

Poached rhubarb in the IP jello is great. Some of us used it instead of cranberry sauce last Christmas.

pselias 07-30-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoLoMN (Post 3963988)
Now, I just need to figure out which are my new favorite stores to shop in, that carry the types of things I like to wear, that are appropriate for my age, and are the quality I am willing to pay for. No more "only discount store prices" or "these are good enough for me". I am paying a lot to improve my health and I want my wardrobe to match.

Hope you all have an OP Weekend!
Jo

I love this!!!! I gave up several of my favorite stores years ago and had fallen into the "these are good enough for me" attitude as well. I actually felt guilty anytime I spent money on myself - because I knew I was buying clothes I didn't really like. I bought them because they fit. I haven't enjoyed shopping for my own clothes in years. So far I've been getting by with old clothes in my basement that fit once again, but I can't wait to go shopping!! I really need to start a fund! :carrot:

gettinmygrooveback 07-30-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amaliayosa (Post 3964234)
I'm starving and its an hour and 1/2 until dinner. Ughh, I am on day 4 and was fine up until now. Suggestions for legal snacks? I usually eat my snack between breakfast and lunch.

Couple of hard boiled egg whites and a giant glass of water!

gettinmygrooveback 07-30-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 3964123)
Good afternoon everyone, looks like we have several newcomers which is awesome. WELCOME to everyone, its a sunshiny day here in the southern state of Mississippi. I am going get a mani/pedi today to treat myself. I hope everyone has a 100% OP day!

Got sprinkled on a little over here today...at least no monsoon! I hope you found a nice pair of sandals to show off that nice pedicure!