3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat - Fri, 7/29 - Sun, 7/31 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/239428-ip-weekend-chat-fri-7-29-sun-7-31-a.html)

jordanna 07-31-2011 12:18 PM

For my Canadian peeps in need of clothes (because this diet kicks butt!), old Navy has a great "stock up sale" online and today only you get an additional 25% off your order including all sale items! Polo shirts for like 7.00 is almost as cheap as a second hand store.

And shipping is free :)

ItsAboutTime 07-31-2011 12:50 PM

Well, I had a little "friend" visit me this morning. THAT could also be the reason my weight was up a little this morning. I will be on my game the rest of the week so I have at least some sort of a loss. The weekend is when I normally drop the most and then I stay the same or drop slowly until weigh in and that didn't happen this weekend so I wondered if TOM would soon show. Super surprised I was able to stay away from all of those homemade brownies, cookies, and bars the past few days and now I know I have the will power to make it to goal through ANYTHING!

wuv2bloved 07-31-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanna (Post 3965068)
Love love love the new picture wuv...you're looking amazing!

Thanks Jordanna
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 3965147)
Hello Everyone,

I can't believe it is almost august. I started IP on July 1st, I am a little disappointed that I have only lost 11 lbs and have NOT cheated once. I am however, happy those 11 lbs are gone.

Yummy Breakfast this morning ( I miss my Sunday Dunkin Donuts Iced Caramel Latte) So, I disovled 1 tsp instant Juan Valdez vanilla coffee in a small amount of boiling H2O, let cool and added cold H2O to 8 oz. Put it in the blender with chocolate drink mix, 1 oz Sugar-Free Torani Chocolate Macadamia Nut syrup and 6 ice cubes. HEAVEN!

Someone was snarky at me on one of the other threads yesterday for no reason and I cried it upset me so ( I seem a little emotional on this diet). I am over it today and am my smiley self.

Went to a huge picnic yesterday with every kind of food imaginable, homemade pies, cheesecakes, brownies w/peanut butter icing, mac n cheese, potato salad, etc. and just ate my raw veggies and drank my H2O and when I got home at 8PM was starved but had my Big Mac in a Bowl and at 10PM had my pudding. I am doing so well, just hoping for a good loss this week, I've earned it :)

I agree with Sandy, sometimes people come across snarky but don't really mean it. Don't get discouraged YOU will GET this!

capricious 07-31-2011 02:32 PM

Good morning and happy Sunday to all! I am wearing my new favorite outfit today and my husband who hadn't seen it on me yet nearly attacked me when he did ;). It is true that I'm still waiting for my mind to 'catch up' with my body- even though in wearing a size 4 I know that I'm small I still see the same me in the mirror which can sometimes be disheartening... I wish I could carry a cardboard cutout of the 'old' me and put it next to me when I'm standing in front of a mirror- I'm sure that would do a world of good for the mindset :D We just lose so quickly on this diet and it isn't exercise friendly so... the very moment I start eating carbs again I will be in the gym on the weight machines. A part of me is incredibly excited for this moment because when I was going to the gym on a regular basis this past winter (prior to being on IP) I was always the biggest one in the room, and would receive the surreptitious looks of what are yooouuuu doing here? or you can try BUT... SO SO looking forward to not being on the receiving end of those anymore- and to not being the biggest one in the room. It was great to challenge myself with fitness classes prior to starting this journey because it taught me that I CAN keep going even when I'm hurting I CAN do it! and that has lasted with me to this point... It is a mantra I highly recommend when you feel like everything around you is begging you to eat it and everyone around is you is saying 'it's only one bite/ one piece why not?'.... I CAN do it- I CAN stick with my program, this is only one moment and it will get better after this... I lived for the end of the class while I was enduring it but I was always there the next time... Here's to going back with the body IP made :)

Linden 07-31-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandyh50 (Post 3965269)

I just spent about an hour browsing through this website (just scratched the surface) but I think it's really good and totally complementary to the IP program. Thanks a lot for posting it.

Sherwood 07-31-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanna (Post 3965309)
For my Canadian peeps in need of clothes (because this diet kicks butt!), old Navy has a great "stock up sale" online and today only you get an additional 25% off your order including all sale items! Polo shirts for like 7.00 is almost as cheap as a second hand store.

And shipping is free :)

Thanks for sharing this - I'm going to shop now :)

Bellamack 07-31-2011 02:57 PM

Sandy,
Thank you so much!

gettinmygrooveback 07-31-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capricious (Post 3965477)
It is true that I'm still waiting for my mind to 'catch up' with my body- even though in wearing a size 4 I know that I'm small I still see the same me in the mirror which can sometimes be disheartening... I wish I could carry a cardboard cutout of the 'old' me and put it next to me when I'm standing in front of a mirror-

I can understand that! I saw myself in the mirror during my yoga class yesterday AM. An "Oh WOW" just came floating out of my mouth. Yes...everyone looked over at me. I was sitting in hero pose (bent knees sitting back on my feet) when I saw the thinner thighs, abs, chest and face. For a moment, I really did not recognize myself. I felt tears in the back of my eyes and sat there frozen for a few moments. Needless the say, class moved on and I had to catch up. But, oh my, what a life affirming moment that was for me. But yet today, I can easily find myself being so critical of my steadly shrinking tummy roll. We are our own worst enemies, aren't we? Enjoy new new figure.....you worked hard for it!

sandyh50 07-31-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linden (Post 3965499)
I just spent about an hour browsing through this website (just scratched the surface) but I think it's really good and totally complementary to the IP program. Thanks a lot for posting it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 3965508)
Sandy,
Thank you so much!

You're welcome ladies! That's what support forums are all about, to SUPPORT each other! :hug:

brummie 07-31-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capricious (Post 3965477)
Good morning and happy Sunday to all! I am wearing my new favorite outfit today and my husband who hadn't seen it on me yet nearly attacked me when he did ;). It is true that I'm still waiting for my mind to 'catch up' with my body- even though in wearing a size 4 I know that I'm small I still see the same me in the mirror which can sometimes be disheartening... I wish I could carry a cardboard cutout of the 'old' me and put it next to me when I'm standing in front of a mirror- I'm sure that would do a world of good for the mindset :D We just lose so quickly on this diet and it isn't exercise friendly so... the very moment I start eating carbs again I will be in the gym on the weight machines. A part of me is incredibly excited for this moment because when I was going to the gym on a regular basis this past winter (prior to being on IP) I was always the biggest one in the room, and would receive the surreptitious looks of what are yooouuuu doing here? or you can try BUT... SO SO looking forward to not being on the receiving end of those anymore- and to not being the biggest one in the room. It was great to challenge myself with fitness classes prior to starting this journey because it taught me that I CAN keep going even when I'm hurting I CAN do it! and that has lasted with me to this point... It is a mantra I highly recommend when you feel like everything around you is begging you to eat it and everyone around is you is saying 'it's only one bite/ one piece why not?'.... I CAN do it- I CAN stick with my program, this is only one moment and it will get better after this... I lived for the end of the class while I was enduring it but I was always there the next time... Here's to going back with the body IP made :)

You look absolutely amazing! Beautiful! Just imagine how elated you will feel when your brain catches up with the rest of you!!!
I completely understand what you are going through, this is the smallest I can ever remember being! I love to see the 'standing' me, but as soon as I sit down, my belly rolls itself out and my thighs do the spread and i almost let myself forget how far I have come. Ahhh the mind is beautifully strange thing! I have a picture of the 'old' me taped to my bedroom mirror....it makes me happy to see the comparison when I get dressed in the morning...it (usually) puts me in a good mood for the rest of the day!

sandyh50 07-31-2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brummie (Post 3965576)
You look absolutely amazing! Beautiful! Just imagine how elated you will feel when your brain catches up with the rest of you!!!
I completely understand what you are going through, this is the smallest I can ever remember being! I love to see the 'standing' me, but as soon as I sit down, my belly rolls itself out and my thighs do the spread and i almost let myself forget how far I have come. Ahhh the mind is beautifully strange thing! I have a picture of the 'old' me taped to my bedroom mirror....it makes me happy to see the comparison when I get dressed in the morning...it (usually) puts me in a good mood for the rest of the day!

I leaned on a shelf and took a pic of my feet on my digital scale saying I weighed 140.8 and then I found a skinny pic of me when I lost over a hundred pounds on WW 10 years ago taped both to the fridge. It inspires me to keep losing. Since my osteoarthritis in my knees I find IP to be a good fit for me since I have trouble exercising.

wuv2bloved 07-31-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandyh50 (Post 3965584)
I leaned on a shelf and took a pic of my feet on my digital scale saying I weighed 140.8 and then I found a skinny pic of me when I lost over a hundred pounds on WW 10 years ago taped both to the fridge. It inspires me to keep losing. Since my osteoarthritis in my knees I find IP to be a good fit for me since I have trouble exercising.

Sandy, I have to tell you, my mom asked about you today. She too did not recognized you. I told her what you had on and she said you look totally different from your original picture on here!!. Just thought you should know, we were talking about you....haha

sandyh50 07-31-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 3965610)
Sandy, I have to tell you, my mom asked about you today. She too did not recognized you. I told her what you had on and she said you look totally different from your original picture on here!!. Just thought you should know, we were talking about you....haha

Oh I love it!! LOL I tried to keep my original picture up but I couldn't do it, I think I did something wrong. Tell mom "hi"!

jennydoodle 07-31-2011 04:58 PM

Well tomorrow marks my 2 month IP anniversary. I can't believe it has been 2 months already and how much weight I have lost. Wed. is my WI day, so I won't know until then what my official pounds lost will be.

I do have to say that the weekends seem to finally be getting a little bit easier to manage. I think I am finally breaking my old habits and it is getting easier to be around food that I am not eating and making the right choices to stay OP.

Glad to hear that everyone is doing so well and all of the SV & NSV's going on!

calee 07-31-2011 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandyh50 (Post 3965584)

OMG, I LOVE this idea. I think I'm going to do a little "leaning" as well. How great is that for visualizing yourself at that weight. Brilliant!

I can really relate about how everyone feels about their bodies. I still have a difficult time putting a 1 instead of a 2 in front of my weight. I haven't been my current weight since around 1975 which is a very long time to have lived in a fat suit. It's funny because sometimes I look at my thighs in my size 10 jeans and revel at how fat they still are. I think I did a lot of looking at myself from the neck up for many years. When I look back at pictures from January 2010 I'm horrified at how I looked. Today my job is to make peace with what I see reflected back at me.

Now about that loose skin.............