Old 07-27-2011, 12:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 313/285/150

Height: 5'9

Question Please Help Did I make wrong choice?

I'm not sure I was put on correct diet. I went in to see about IP but came out spending $200 for some Biogenesis UltraLean Body Composition Formula and Biogenesis LowCarb Food Bars . I'm easily talked into things but I'm afraid I made wrong choice & my funds are limited.
The nutrisionist said she was worried about me doing IP solely due to my EXTREMELY HIGH BP and other medical conditions. But my MD is the one who referred me as he said I needed to lose about 100 lbs to get my BP down. I need to lose 163 lbs total.
Have any of you heard of this BIOGENESIS and does it work ?
I also have Andrew Lessman's Secure Meal Replacements in Coffee, Pina Calada, Very Berry that a friend gave me but was sure on them.

I also wanted IP because of the support network on here cause to be honest I have no local friends to keep me in focus, when I gained this weight I stopped all contact with people and sort of let my daughter control my life as her babysitter for 9 years. Life gets boring talking to a 9 year and 5 year old. I'm now raising my 7 yr old Autistic grandson and I need to be healthy for him as I'm all he has left.

Please if you know about this Biogenesis did it work or was it money thrown in the trash. I don't have the $400 for IP now after this $200.

Thank you for your help
SpunkyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Geezz, I think you should call your doctor ASAP and ask him, since he wanted you on IP. I think IP is an excellent choice for high BP, it is only critical for Type #1 diabetics.

I have used Andrew Lessman's products, I no longer use Secure,because it is Soy based and I have a faulty thyroid. I do continue his vitamins and antioxidants that my IP coach said were fine.

You can do an alternative IP, check out the threads for that.

My husband uses the EAS shakes (Sams/WalMart and posibly Target) Pure Protein bars (Sams/WalMart/Wegmans) and I order from Noshua Nutrition and Lindora, both of which are much cheaper than IP, check out the spreadsheet on those. I am using IP product and so far, so good.

Good Luck and I would talk with doc and if says he wants you on IP, I would march back with the other products and get a refund, which by law you are entitled to for 72 hrs.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:06 PM   #3  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I personally have never heard of it. No matter what program you are on Spunky we are here for you. We will help you out as much as we can, we will support you. You don't have to be an IP user to come here, we are just one big extended family all going through the same thing....losing weight.

Did she tell you why you couldn't be on IP since your MD recommended it? I have gotten off of my BP medication since on this program. I have several medical issues myself and I am on it and doing fine. I have loss 56lbs in 11 or 12 weeks I can't remember now. I want to lose a total of 135lbs for now but by the end of all of this I will want to lose 200lbs total. Everyone is different, don't think of this as a waste of money. Follow the program as it should be, maybe it will work for you. If it doesn't then when you have the funds you could switch to IP.

OHHH....and welcome to the boards, WE are ALL in THIS together!!....stay positive, YOU can get through this!!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpunkyOne View Post
I'm not sure I was put on correct diet. I went in to see about IP but came out spending $200 for some Biogenesis UltraLean Body Composition Formula and Biogenesis LowCarb Food Bars . I'm easily talked into things but I'm afraid I made wrong choice & my funds are limited.
The nutrisionist said she was worried about me doing IP solely due to my EXTREMELY HIGH BP and other medical conditions. But my MD is the one who referred me as he said I needed to lose about 100 lbs to get my BP down. I need to lose 163 lbs total.
Have any of you heard of this BIOGENESIS and does it work ?
I also have Andrew Lessman's Secure Meal Replacements in Coffee, Pina Calada, Very Berry that a friend gave me but was sure on them.

I also wanted IP because of the support network on here cause to be honest I have no local friends to keep me in focus, when I gained this weight I stopped all contact with people and sort of let my daughter control my life as her babysitter for 9 years. Life gets boring talking to a 9 year and 5 year old. I'm now raising my 7 yr old Autistic grandson and I need to be healthy for him as I'm all he has left.

Please if you know about this Biogenesis did it work or was it money thrown in the trash. I don't have the $400 for IP now after this $200.

Thank you for your help
Take the stuff back and tell them you want to do ideal protein period. There has to be more than 1 IP clinic in Billings. If they don't want you to do it, get a refund and go somewhere else.
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
Take the stuff back and tell them you want to do ideal protein period. There has to be more than 1 IP clinic in Billings. If they don't want you to do it, get a refund and go somewhere else.
I agree. Stand up for yourself. $200 is a lot of money to just throw away, and it sounds like they bullied you into something you don't want. I would talk to your MD about their concerns, make sure he still thinks it is the right choice, and then go in there and be assertive about getting what you want and need. Your MD knows your body better than the nutritionist, and you want to feel in control or the diet is never going to work.
Go get them!!!
We are behind you 100% here, always.

Last edited by Princess Jessica; 07-27-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Princess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:20 PM   #6  
I know I can

Yeah, what all of the girls said! It is your hard earned money! Take it back and get the IP products.
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:19 PM   #7  

I called the clinic today and asked about returning the product, however since I opened one cantainer they wont take it back
I was also given the , well you have a history of not eating correctly and we just want to help you learn you must eat (drink) 3-4 shakes a day before you invest so much. I do have a problem not eating anything till 6:30 and I don't drink H2O I barely drink really. Maybe 1-2 glasses of tea and 2 sprites.
I also learned that even though I called and asked if they did the IP Diet before hand and was told yes, they DO NOT. We have one place here that does IP. I guess I'll do this product till gone (2weeks) then start IP.

Thank you all for answering!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:21 PM   #8  

Quote:
I called the clinic today and asked about returning the product, however since I opened one cantainer they wont take it back
I was also given the , well you have a history of not eating correctly and we just want to help you learn you must eat (drink) 3-4 shakes a day before you invest so much. I do have a problem not eating anything till 6:30 and I don't drink H2O I barely drink really. Maybe 1-2 glasses of tea and 2 sprites.
I also learned that even though I called and asked if they did the IP Diet before hand and was told yes, they DO NOT. We have one place here that does IP. I guess I'll do this product till gone (2weeks) then start IP.

Thank you all for answering!
You MUST drink your water at least 64-100oz a day its very important to do so. Just follow the program you have for now very strict and it will give you a head start when you do start IP. We will be here to support you through your next 2 weeks!!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:24 PM   #9  
I know I can

Yes. What wuv2 said.
You HAVE TO DRINK LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER!
Look at our role model wuv2, she has accomplished so much!!
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watkat View Post
Yes. What wuv2 said.
You HAVE TO DRINK LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER!
Look at our role model wuv2, she has accomplished so much!!
Thanks Watkat, You will have to give up your 2 sprites though. You will have to drink your water even if you have to put flavoring in in like the MIO. The more water you drink the better your weight loss will be. I am like Joesy and drink close to 2 gallons of water a day sometimes more just depends on my day. You can do this, just like the rest of us!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:29 PM   #11  

I promise to drink water but can I squeeze a lemon into it ?
Old 07-27-2011, 08:30 PM   #12  

Quote:
I promise to drink water but can I squeeze a lemon into it ?
YES YES YES!!!.....squeeze lemon in it...that is what I do!!
Old 07-27-2011, 11:12 PM   #13  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
YES YES YES!!!.....squeeze lemon in it...that is what I do!!
Your weight loss is remarkable, and your attitude is so positive!
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:13 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Height: 5'4"

I was going to send you a private message, but I can't figure out how. I am also in Billings.
becca1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:20 PM   #15  

Hi Becca I couldn't figure out the PM either