Old 07-07-2011, 12:37 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 225/184/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celticgirl View Post
Picked up my packs last night. I don't know why I was so confused about restricted/nonrestricted. My coach was very patient. But, now I get it. Tomrrow in day one. Gulp!!
Congrats on starting! And it gets easier as you go to figure out your options! Good Luck!
Classy Broad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:46 PM   #32  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

ClassyBroad-Wow..that must have been really a shock to the system!!! I remember being in an accident and i wanted to throw up after that..so ya i can see why you would want to go drink some beers and spend time with people..nerves is right...But now you can get back on board!!!

LeagleEagle: Good job on the 2 pounds down!! its nice to see hard work pay off! cause its not easy even with packets!

CelticGirl: Dont sweat it.. I freaked out too when i first started..but then i started and its all good..ive made it through the first 3 days with hardly any issues..maybe a little hunger..but water water water helps!!!
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #33  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Broad View Post
Ok, Day 2 so far so good!
I definitely was WAY off plan this past weekend, I had a bit of an accident that really shook me up- I got thrown from a moving vehicle! Soooo...I definitely enjoyed beers with friends after that fiasco! Partly for nerves and partly to help ignore the throbbing pain! Those beers triggered the old "I've already blown it, might as well enjoy the whole holiday weekend". Really? Ugh. But bow I am a month away from a photo shoot and behind in my weight loss...time to motivate!!!
I am having an issue with not having a restricted packet - seems like I need them to keep going. Maybe because I have a physical job? Hmmm.... otherwise I would love to go with all non restricted! Anybody else have a pretty physical job and feel the same?
Oh my goodness! Sounds like you were vey lucky! I can understand the beers! I would of too! Glad you are okay.

I don't have a physical job, but I walk everyday. I have tried to go without restricted packets but I crave something sweet every night after dinner. Old habit I can't seem to shake.

I stumbled some today, dusted myself off and right back at it. Didn't feel too good and took a nap and then I am in trouble. I always wake up hungry. But, I'm going strong again now. Grilling some beef and probably cauiflower and a salad.
iowahawkeyemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:25 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 195/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

I am in for a 1-Day Challenge, that is my goal for tomorrow,,,,,one day at a time.
AuzzieDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:37 AM   #35  
Porthardygurl

Well im officially on Day 5 and i hope it gets better..cause im grouchy as ever and tired..so tired..i have like no energy..just zapped..but ive survived up till now..just got to keep on chuggin..
Old 07-08-2011, 09:53 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 225/184/150

Height: 5'7

Thanks everyone! It was pretty crazy, but no more beer this summer for me! I had a random "duh" moment yesterday at the grocery store. Every diet I have been on I have "rewarded" myself with a food treat that only rewarded me with a setback and more work as I couldn't stick to just one treat- I would have that old mindset of "might as well make a day of it since it's already ruined" and then the next morning I would feel the same way. I am determined to make it work this time, and my "reward" will be a healthy version of myself who can enjoy a cheat day on occasion without turning it into a free for all binge!
Classy Broad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:55 AM   #37  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Hello hello! Sounds like people have been doing pretty good! Today is my 4th day and it's been going great. The biggest challenge will be this weekend. The weeks go much smoother for me. Here's to a 100% OP weekend!!
ash825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #38  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Hello everyone..Four days down and starting on Day 5. I am trying to ignore my scale which shows a pound up from yesterday for no good reason!
Got my packets chosen and going to exercise.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:52 PM   #39  

Height: 5'8"

Happy Friday everyone!!!

Well, I admit it, my late-night working last night was not as OP as I had hoped for.. I stayed OP through dinner, had my trusted chocolate soy puffs for dessert.. but, alas, I was absolutely starving when midnight hit and I was still at the office working.. I was dizzy, shaky and had a wretched headache.. seeing that I had to continue working to get the brief done, I ate about 1/4 cup of almonds (the only semi-healthy thing I could locate in the firm)... I hopped on the scale this morning and at least it stayed the same as yesterday, so that was a relief! Today is less hectic, so I have stuck to plan.. Now I know that if I am working that late, I definitely need to save my restricted for later in the evening and bring some salad to munch on throughout the evening (or even an extra non-restricted packet - better than almonds). At least I did not partake in the pizza and cookies that were being distributed throughout the office! Small victory...

Best of luck for an OP weekend y'all!!!!!
LegalEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
I stumbled some today, dusted myself off and right back at it. Didn't feel too good and took a nap and then I am in trouble. I always wake up hungry. But, I'm going strong again now. Grilling some beef and probably cauiflower and a salad.
We're only human... Keep at it!!! So long as a stumble does not result in an avalanche... I stumbled as well last night and got so upset with myself, I am super motivated to stay OP throughout the weekend!! Best of luck to you as well!!
Old 07-08-2011, 02:08 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Hello hello! Sounds like people have been doing pretty good! Today is my 4th day and it's been going great. The biggest challenge will be this weekend. The weeks go much smoother for me. Here's to a 100% OP weekend!!
What a gorgeous picture of you and your son!!!! One of my motivators behind losing weight is so that my husband and I can start a family next year - therefore, I feel as though I notice babies everywhere now!!!

And, what a motivating weight loss you have had!!! Congratulations!!! I am a similar height (5'8") and am currently at 214 (my heaviest last year was 225... as an introduction - I was on IP last year before my wedding (November) and got down to 187, did not phase off, and between the holidays and honeymoon I gained almost everything back.. I started again a couple days ago and am determined to do it right this time!!). Thus, you are a total inspiration with the amount of weight you have lost in 4 months! Awesome!
Old 07-09-2011, 03:49 AM   #42  
Porthardygurl

Well onward and upward to day 6!!.. I have finally survived through day 5...Im finally not feeling as hungry as i used to be...and i felt a bit more energized this morning..yay!

So good luck to everyone..and keep on pushing through!
Old 07-09-2011, 09:22 AM   #43  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Day 5 down and on to Day 6.

I am glad to read that others get hungry. Last night I was hungry after dinner and drank water and herbal tea. Lots and Lots of it.
I was perfectly OP yesterday..but had to work my way through the 4-5 pre-dinner attack of wanting a glass of wine to curb my hunger.
I also tried on clothes yesterday and am planning to buy a new outfit for school when I lose 10 more pounds.
Have a great weekend!
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:58 PM   #44  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

That's it! I'm hiding my scale and only going by my clinics. I've been op all week except for a little stumble the other day. My scales had shown a 3 lb loss and then wham....the next day it shows a 3.4 gain. No way did I eat that much extra! Hoping and thinking it is water weight.

I tried the new dill pickle curls. Yummy.

Everytime I think of eating something off program, I think of all of you that are going through this too and it keeps me going. Thanks for the support ladies.
iowahawkeyemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:58 AM   #45  
Porthardygurl

Well...im officially on day 7!!! wooooooooooooooooooooot!!! and might i just add that of alllll the days that i could have a challenge..day 7 is the worst for it.. i have to go to a big bbq potluck thing...oh this sucks! I willllll not give in to temptation even if it kills me!!

Oh and good news!! Down 10 pounds!!! well.have yet to weigh in on my 7th day ...so i will soon!