Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 07:32 AM   #1  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Weekend chat thread: Friday June 17- sunday June 19

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- lintroduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 06-17-2011, 07:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/157/130

Height: 5'4

Good Morning Ladies!
I'm so happy its FRIDAY!! This week seems to have lasted FOREVER! *sigh*

I'm a little frustrated that I'm going on 2 weeks with no weight loss - I'm stuck at 148! BUT I'm losing inches because pants that were a perfect fit last week are falling off me this week.. Is it possible to lose inches but not pounds? My goal was to reach 140lbs by next Fri for my Girls weekend shopping trip to Erie PA and it doesn't look like I'm meeting that

Has anyone else stalled at weight but continued to lose inches? How did you get the weight loss to start again?

Enjoy your Friday ladies!

Last edited by Babyblues4; 06-17-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:09 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblues4 View Post
Good Morning Ladies!

I'm a little frustrated that I'm going on 2 weeks with no weight loss - I'm stuck at 148! BUT I'm losing inches because pants that were a perfect fit last week are falling off me this week.. Is it possible to lose inches but not pounds? My goal was to reach 140lbs by next Fri for my Girls weekend shopping trip to Erie PA and it doesn't look like I'm meeting that

Has anyone else stalled at weight but continued to lose inches? How did you get the weight loss to start again?

I stalled and went on *boot camp*, gave up coffee and iced tea and upped the water intake! This week I lost 5 pounds. Two weeks ago I lost .4 and last week only 1 pound....I have a thyroid problem and started taking my pill before I go to bed now. Hope this helps. Try to find a way to *reshock* your system.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

WI today! Crossing my fingers, last week it was only 0.8 lb - I hope it is better this week!
Old 06-17-2011, 09:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Quote:
Is it possible to lose inches but not pounds?
Could you be burning fat but gaining more muscle? Muscle is denser than fat, so that could explain it.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Happy Friday IPers! I see alot of people having weight loss stalls, me included and I just wondered something. I am in Canada, and its friggin humid these last two weeks. I was wondering if maybe our bodies were holding on to more water when the temperature gets warmer. I remember when I was larger my feet and hands would swell with the high heat. I dont have that now but just maybe our bodies keep a bit more fluid like to protect itself or something. If so maybe to increase the water intake, might help?
Any thoughts?
Old 06-17-2011, 09:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Good morning. I am so happy it is Friday. According to my scale, I am down -9.3 lbs in the last two weeks since I started.

We may go up to my in-laws on Saturday. I am planning on bringing a cooler of veggies and maybe a dinner protein. Or i guess I could eat my protein meal for breakfast and just eat a shake for dinner. My MIL will just think I am "over the top" at this, but I am past the point of caring what she thinks. I need to do this for me.

I was preparing to see my mom for the first time since starting this on July 7th. I was hoping to lose 15 lbs by then. But I just realized I will see her next Thursday when she brings my DS home. I still we be hopefully be down another pound or so. I am hoping she is supportive, but I am not sure. She is a firm believer in calories in = calories out. But I am not so sure about that. She is skinny as a rail and developed diabetes. I just want to prevent it happening to me.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:32 AM   #8  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Good Morning Ladies!

Please excuse me if I'm acting dumb, but isn't the idea of trying to lose weight for your girls shopping weekend to be able to fit into your clothes better? It would seem to me that you're doing that. Who cares what you weigh as long as you can wear the size you want! If you aren't quite that size, perhaps you should gamble a little that you will be that size soon and go for the smaller size.

I think you will hear that everyone on here has stalled at pounds lost, but continued to lose inches. It's all part of your body catching up.

Have fun shopping!
Old 06-17-2011, 09:34 AM   #9  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Minewgoal thank you for starting the thread.

Congrats to everyone with their NSV and SVs yesterday, Beta, Hemi great job. Deterninedat47 way to go phase 2 you must be so happy.

PortHardy - I know you are excited to start and that is great, but you do have to let the websites process your order. To answer your question UPS is in Canada. For Nashua, I believe it is sent ups and then Canada post. That is where the $12.00 fee was coming from. $10.00 to canada post for delivering and $2.00 processing fee, then the 5% gst goes to Customs.
I haven't order from proteinwell.ca but others have so I am hoping they will answer your questions. When I placed an order with nashua I got the pending as well so don't panic. The Post office lock out should be legislated back to work next week. Everything will be running as normal soon and you can get started with your two seperate orders. Right now I like ordering from Nashua as the Canadian dollar is so high it is cheaper than proteinwell. Which is a bad thing as a lot of the nashua stuff comes from Canada, you would hope the canadian site would take advantage of that.

Quote:
Good Morning Ladies!

Yes you can lose inches while not losing a lot of weight. I have one or two week where I don't lose weight but the inches come off, and then I have a good week of weight loss and the cycle continues. I am sorry but I don't think you will meet your goal, but you will be close and it still is a good weekend of shopping. Keep up the good work.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:35 AM   #10  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
Happy Friday IPers! I see alot of people having weight loss stalls, me included and I just wondered something. I am in Canada, and its friggin humid these last two weeks. I was wondering if maybe our bodies were holding on to more water when the temperature gets warmer. I remember when I was larger my feet and hands would swell with the high heat. I dont have that now but just maybe our bodies keep a bit more fluid like to protect itself or something. If so maybe to increase the water intake, might help?
Any thoughts?
That sure sounds reasonable to me.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:38 AM   #11  
Space Hamster

S/C/G: 175... 145/135/120

Height: 5'1"

It is possible to lose inches but not pounds. 3FatChicks has this on main site http://www.3fatchicks.com/why-you-may-be-losing-inches-but-not-weight/ and there is more info when googled. However, there are some disagreements on just how much the gain muscle/lose fat accounts for. Some doctors believe that that can't count for everything and other factors such as water retention, TOM, inflammation, etc can count towards no weight loss as well.

I feel the frustration though because I have not lost anything. My scale has actually gone up about a pound in the last week and I haven't changed any of my eating habits and I haven't cheated. My clothes don't feel tighter, but they don't feel any loser either. So I am hoping I see some change by next week. Not sure what/how I will feel if I don't.

This weekend is going to be tough because I have friends that want to go to the Taste of Amherst in MA (local restaurants offer free tastes of their food). That and tonight some friends made a thin-mint ice cream cake for after a get together. Sigh.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:51 AM   #12  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by WijitingBoo View Post
It is possible to lose inches but not pounds. 3FatChicks has this on main site http://www.3fatchicks.com/why-you-may-be-losing-inches-but-not-weight/ and there is more info when googled. However, there are some disagreements on just how much the gain muscle/lose fat accounts for. Some doctors believe that that can't count for everything and other factors such as water retention, TOM, inflammation, etc can count towards no weight loss as well.

I feel the frustration though because I have not lost anything. My scale has actually gone up about a pound in the last week and I haven't changed any of my eating habits and I haven't cheated. My clothes don't feel tighter, but they don't feel any loser either. So I am hoping I see some change by next week. Not sure what/how I will feel if I don't.

This weekend is going to be tough because I have friends that want to go to the Taste of Amherst in MA (local restaurants offer free tastes of their food). That and tonight some friends made a thin-mint ice cream cake for after a get together. Sigh.
I have also read here that it is harder when you have a smaller amount of weight to lose. It just might take a little longer then you like to get the results you want. So when you go with your friends take a chocolate pudding with mint extract and freeze it and you can enjoy a frozen treat with them. As for the free tasting, you know what you can eat and the best motto is come prepared. I carry veggies with me when I don't know what will be served. Have a great weekend.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:29 AM   #13  

Height: 5'3"

Starting my first weekend on IP! I am def going to need this site to keep my motivation up!
Old 06-17-2011, 10:38 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 175/175/130

Height: 5'1"

Question Day Trips

Hi! So I'm pretty new at this (going on my third week) and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for days away from home with friends when I don't have my kitchen to make food in or have a lot of temptations?
Old 06-17-2011, 10:45 AM   #15  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

abbykitty1126 it is wonderful that you have found this site so early in your ADVENTURE! I was almost 2 mos in when I happened upon this amazing aid! 2RIDERROLLERCOAST has a fantastic idea right above you ... to add mint extract to the chocolate pudding! THAT SOUNDS FANTASTIC!

Well my arithmetic skills stink and I'm so glad they do... I made a mistake. I'm not 12 pounds away from Phase 2, I'm only 1.68 pounds away from Phase 2... that translates into 1 normal week or 2 slow loss weeks! Either way, I'm so EXCITED! Can you tell? LOL!

Choco-mint pudding for snack tonight! Thanks 2RIDERROLLERCOAST!

Last edited by maykatcooper; 06-17-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Closed Thread