Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 04:28 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 300/285/220

Height: 5'9"

Yahoo! Another WI today and I'm down another 7 pounds!!!! That's 30 pounds since May 1st! I can't believe it. YIPPEEEE!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2011, 04:45 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenabeana View Post
Yahoo! Another WI today and I'm down another 7 pounds!!!! That's 30 pounds since May 1st! I can't believe it. YIPPEEEE!!!!!!

Congratulations! I'm excited for you!
Old 06-18-2011, 04:54 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 233/222/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkthin135 View Post
Today is day 6 on IP. I had my first WI yesterday and after only 5 days have lost 5 pounds. I can't wait to be weighed in next Friday. They took my measurements yesterday and say they take them every two weeks to show progress. I can't wait for my first check on measurements. I hope everyone has a great weekend and have no problems staying OP.
I am new at this. Today is day 3 for me. Please tell me what IP foods you like, so far I have found nothing I really care for. I was really excited about this, but today I am really down. I know I can't stick to this if I don't find something I don't have to gag down.

Please, everyone, tell me what your favorites are
Old 06-18-2011, 05:12 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjgibson View Post
I am new at this. Today is day 3 for me. Please tell me what IP foods you like, so far I have found nothing I really care for. I was really excited about this, but today I am really down. I know I can't stick to this if I don't find something I don't have to gag down.

You will find that your "tastes" change as you move along in the diet. Some of the foods I didn't like are now okay! I know, strange but true. Walden Farms dressings were just about awful the first few days, now I find I like most of them with the exception of the Bleu Cheese. I do have the few [ip products] that I buy every week, the rest I rotate through. The soy patty has had mixed reviews. I grew up eating Vegetarian products so I actually really like it. I mix it with an egg, ""fry" it like a hamburger patty, add pickles, WF thousand Island or WF Ketchup & mustard, slice of onion and wrap it in a lettuce leaf. Yummy & filling.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:18 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

Keep at it. After a week you will be happy with the results and have found sone things you like.

I like crispy cereal, all puddings, mushroom and broccoli cheese soup and omlette!
Old 06-18-2011, 07:19 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Wow!!!!!! That's so awesome!!! Woot woot!
Old 06-18-2011, 08:27 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 175/175/130

Height: 5'1"

ugh. I am getting so sick of vegetables. It's hard for me to even choke them down anymore. Does anyone have any advice on how to make them more edible or less vegetable-y?
Old 06-18-2011, 08:34 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 175/175/130

Quote:

The puddings are really good, especially if you add some mint or almond extract to the chocolate or cinnamon to the vanilla! Also, the drinks are really good for breakfast, I like to mix the chocolate drink with coffee, instant mocha. The bars are a godsend and the Leek Soup is edible as well as the Chili. I had the same issue when I started but once I started getting creative with the packets themselves it really helped!!! Good Luck!
Old 06-18-2011, 09:06 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 512/471/300

Height: 5'11"

Default bad

Hi,

I will be going for my 4th WI on Wednesday. My first three were -15lbs 2nd -7.6 and 3rd was -5.6. I am not doing well this week. Does anyone have any good ideas?
Old 06-18-2011, 09:38 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 228/228/150

Default thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash302 View Post
Hi,

I will be going for my 4th WI on Wednesday. My first three were -15lbs 2nd -7.6 and 3rd was -5.6. I am not doing well this week. Does anyone have any good ideas?
Actually it sounds like you are doing amazing. If you are struggling w/ staying on plan my suggestions would be: 1) Visualize yourself being successful, staying peaceful and visualization have been a key to me having success at my pace. 2)Don't beat yourself up or think negative it is usually counter productive. 3) Continue to read, espically the "stickies" at the beginning of this forum, it is loaded w/ great ideas, recipes, encouragment, success stories,including stalls and starts and keep going ideas. 4) Be honest w/ yourself, avoid places, ideas that bring you to cheating thoughts or stress. 5) Some of the more experienced (and disciplined!) people, like Linden are a source of inspiration and a push to keep you going. 6)You can do this, you are worth it and there will be weeks your body adjusts on its own schedule even if we feel we have been totally on program.7)Eat protein every 3 to 5 hours, DO NOT let yourself get too hungry. 8)Most effective, for me, has been doing my best to get all the water in, plus if I feel tempted or the need to eat more, I try to choose extra protein. A way better choice.
Blessings to you on your journey to a healthier you. IP has changed my life for the better and I am sure it can for you too.
P.S. Don't get discouraged if you see others losing faster, this is a shared program and experience but ultimately a personal journey that you have chosen. Congratulations and Welcome.

Last edited by thumper; 06-18-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:53 PM   #71  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Quote:
You are a ROCK STAR!!

Oh finally tried the kale chips........better than everyone says, plus I did mine on the grill they are awesome!
Old 06-19-2011, 02:51 AM   #72  
Maigy

S/C/G: 220/189/130

Height: 5'4"

Hello.. My second weigh in was on friday.. i am , in 2 weeks, down a total of 7 pounds.. is this an average loss for other people.. a friend of mine had higher losses than me, and i would LOVE to see big numbers !!
I cant believe i have managed to stick to the diet.. i have 3 kids, and always makin such yummy food for them..
Old 06-19-2011, 02:59 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 258/214/150

Height: 5'3

so i went to a family cook out, and NO ONE said anything about me losing weight. that hurt, but i have to suck it up and keep going cause i have a long way to go.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:21 AM   #74  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
so i went to a family cook out, and NO ONE said anything about me losing weight. that hurt, but i have to suck it up and keep going cause i have a long way to go.
Don't look at how much you still have to lose..... look at how far you've come already!! You are doing fantastic!!! Don't get discouraged! I know how frustrating it is when people are not saying anything about how you look...and some people just don't give compliments! Come here when you need a boost!! We are all here for you!!!
Old 06-19-2011, 06:37 AM   #75  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:

I remember feeling the same way when I first started! I was trying the soups and just didn't like any of them! Hubby and I basically stick to the shakes, cereal (we make pancakes a LOT), puddings (very seldom tho), and the yummy snacks! I have recently tried the soy patty and it's not bad!! Give it time and at least give the various foods a shot....you will find your favorites too! Best wishes!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbmr06 View Post
You will find that your "tastes" change as you move along in the diet. Some of the foods I didn't like are now okay! I know, strange but true. Walden Farms dressings were just about awful the first few days, now I find I like most of them with the exception of the Bleu Cheese. I do have the few [ip products] that I buy every week, the rest I rotate through. The soy patty has had mixed reviews. I grew up eating Vegetarian products so I actually really like it. I mix it with an egg, ""fry" it like a hamburger patty, add pickles, WF thousand Island or WF Ketchup & mustard, slice of onion and wrap it in a lettuce leaf. Yummy & filling.
So true!! My taste buds have definitely changed!! I'm even finding that food is losing it's appeal ! How wierd is that???
Thanks for the soy patty idea....it sounds delish!! I will definitely try it!!
Closed Thread