Old 06-06-2011, 06:01 PM   #1  
Chelsea

S/C/G: 142/135/115

Height: 4'11.5"

Question Daily Value

I know we are suppose to keep our carbs under 30 (or at least that is what I read on here). but how much fat, salt, calories ect… are we suppose to have? I'm sorry if this has been answered before. I am doing this with no trainer and I am using the EAS drinks. you guys have explained a lot to me so far! thanks for all the knowledge!
Csjogren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Hello, I may not be much help, but I will try:

On IP phase 1 you need to take 1 to 2 tsp of olive oil or grape seed extract oil per day.
You take 1/2 tsp of Sea Salt.
4 cups of mixed veggies
Calories differ, depending on the IP meal, the real protein and the veggies you choose.

I don't know how helpful this is, I just saw that you didn't have a response to your enquiry yet. Hopefully someone who is on the alternative product program will chime in and help...there are many here who have been very successful on alternatives.

Even though this isn't the cheapest program (IP)...this is exactly the reason why I budgeted and saved for it...I needed something where I could just be told what to eat, I've failed many times because a weight loss program just stressed me out! (Sometimes I just need someone else to do the thinking for me!) I reckon in a month or so, I'll have enough information to go to alternative products if I need to.
brummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:04 AM   #3  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csjogren View Post
. . . know we are suppose to keep our carbs under 30 (or at least that is what I read on here). but how much fat, salt, calories ect… are we suppose to have?
This is JUST some rule of thumb information and does not take into account individual needs, exercise, etc. Unless you are carefully tracking calories and vital nutrients, this information won't do you much good. Here's the definitive US source for nutritional data: http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

Calories -- 800-900

Protein -- approximately 100 g from meat, fish, eggs, tofu, vegetables, etc. Yes, many vegetables have some protein.

Fat -- 9 grams from EVOO or it's equivalent; total 30-35. The rest from protein sources and vegetables. Yes, vegetables have some fat. So do fish oil and flax seed oil tablets, or seeds

Carbs -- 25-30 real carbs, not net carbs. If you are using three packets/day, eating all 4 C of vegetables and salad this is quite doable if you're careful. Adding a restricted will almost invariably throw you over 30 g of carbohydrates.

Fiber -- as much as you can. Ideally 25 g a day but you won't get that if you are strictly on plan.

Sodium -- 1,500 mg.

Calcium -- 1,000 mg. Edit: 1,200 mg if you're over 60.

Potassium, magnesium, folate and other vitamins and minerals -- check here http://www.lenntech.com/recommended-daily-intake.htm. I track the first three daily. You should know that the IP multivitamins exceed the maximum amount of folate per day (400 mg) unless they've changed since I bought them.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by Linden; 06-07-2011 at 09:09 AM.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote