Old 05-29-2011, 09:57 AM   #1  

Default No weight loss in almost 3 weeks!

Hello,

I'm kinda new to this site but have been doing Ideal Protein for a little over two months. My current issue it that I have not lost any weight in almost three weeks! My next weigh in will be on Wednesday. I know we are not supposed to check our weight before weigh in, but I did this morning because I was curious and I actually weighed a pound more then I did last week. So not only am I not losing but I have gained a pound. I have not been cheating and have been following the diet as I always do. I'm REALLY frustrated and I'm starting to think that if this continues, I might stop simply because the cost of this program is far to high to not be losing. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks!
Photogirl30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:04 AM   #2  
Elissa

S/C/G: 191/145/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photogirl30 View Post
Hello,

I'm kinda new to this site but have been doing Ideal Protein for a little over two months. My current issue it that I have not lost any weight in almost three weeks! My next weigh in will be on Wednesday. I know we are not supposed to check our weight before weigh in, but I did this morning because I was curious and I actually weighed a pound more then I did last week. So not only am I not losing but I have gained a pound. I have not been cheating and have been following the diet as I always do. I'm REALLY frustrated and I'm starting to think that if this continues, I might stop simply because the cost of this program is far to high to not be losing. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks!
I am pretty new to ideal protein so I have not experienced this yet. Some of the ladies on the site have mentioned doing 'bootcamp' when they hit a plateau. Don't quit!! Bootcamp I believe is getting rid of your restricted package and possibly adding another protein pack>>
LaLibE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/159/145 Started April 13

Height: 5'6"

I too have plateaued at 16 pounds. I've been researching why and have come to the conclusion that my body is in starvation mode from so few calories. I've learned all about leptin. I've upped my calories and carbs. I'm leaving IP but will continue a couple protein drinks a day, one in morning and one at night, because I like getting my protein that way. Otherwise, I'm going rogue IP gave me a good start, but I don't like the clinic, chemical sweetener, or cost. My friend has lost the exact same amount of weight as I have on her own healthy versions of Atkins (with 1 protein shake a day) which ticks me off considering the money I've spent on the 3 - 7 pounds a week promise. Ha. Ah well, it was a good kick start for me. Good luck to you. My advice is just research research research...
ZM123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

For 2 weigh ins...week 4 and 5, I lost nothing and was very frustrated and discouraged and you are right, this is too expensive to not lose any weight. BUT, what are your previous weight losses? Average them out, and it may make you feel better. Also, my week 5 weight loss was 6.2 pounds so if I averaged out my weight loss over 6 weeks it was about 3.3 pounds which is average for a woman. Hang in there, and try not to get too discouraged...if you are following the diet and NOT cheating, it does work.
Talk to your coach, some people need that little extra protein to boost them...maybe a few hard boiled egg whites at lunch, or an extra package (4 a day) rather than 3.
If you look at my weight loss week by week, and many others, you may notice a pattern during these weeks.
GOOD LUCK, keep pushing yourself to stay OP
GailMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 02:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photogirl30 View Post
Hello,

Thanks!
Could you give us an example of what your meals look like every day? Do you eat restricted packages/veggies? Are you exercising?
Bretley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:28 AM   #6  

Hi Photogirl,

I am wondering how your stall is going? I just moved after a 22 day stall! I've moved slightly off the program because it's too much $$ for such slow loss. If your stall is over I'd be interested in knowing if there is anything you did to get moving.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #7  

Hello,

I haven't been on here in a while! So I went almost 4 weeks with no weight loss. I was following the plan exactly, not cheating and I drinking over 3 liters of water a day and nothing was happening. Needless to say I got VERY frustrated! I recently had a two week vacation and decided that I was going to enjoy it! For two weeks I was off the diet, eating whatever I wanted. After vacation I decided that I would try to start over again. I have been back on phase one for three days. Today was my weigh in, which I was dreading! I got on the scale and to my surprise, I had not gained any weight from my two weeks off the diet and I was actually down 5 pounds! When I gave up on the diet I was 144. My weigh in today I was 139. It's so weird but it has motivated me to finish the program. We'll see what happens in the next couple weeks, as I'm close to my goal. ZM123- How did your stall pan out? I hope you were about to work through it!
Photogirl30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:16 AM   #8  

Hey Photogirl30,

Glad to hear you are moving again! I was frustrated as well. I gave up on plan slightly, but still remained low-carb. Finally a friend convinced me that I just needed to eat, so I had one really big cheat day (or as big as I could make it considering my stomach is so small now Anyway, that was a little over a week ago and since then I've lost 4 pounds! My belief (not being a dr, or having any science to base it on) is that I was in some sort of 'starvation mode' and once I showed my body that there was food, it started losing again. No idea if I'm right, but the weight loss started the day after the cheat. Makes no sense to me I think my stall lasted almost 4 weeks! After a little more than 10 weeks on the program however, I'm averaging a loss of 1.9 pounds per week, including the big stall. Thanks for the update on your progress! Stalls really interest me
Old 06-23-2011, 09:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 192/177/150

Height: 5'2"

My friend that has been on the diet since January and lost over 35 lbs, suggested you cheat when you start to stall. She said one good day of eating what ever you want. (Can you imagine WHAT EVER you want?) BUt it worked for her twice. it kick strated the process again and she kept on loosing.

My problem is that I never really got started on the diet, I lost around 5 lbs the first week, but now I just seem to keep gaining wieght or staying the same. (on week 3) I think I am going to try the cheating trick this weekend but we will see what happens!

Last edited by Bickel83; 06-23-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Bickel83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:46 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 243.6/196.4/165

Height: 5'5"

My sister and I are both on this diet. She started before me and is on week 8. She has lost 25 pounds. She cheats every Sunday and has never stalled on her loss. I have been doing it with no cheats except one day in week 3 we had a treat day at work and I had anything I wanted. I am now on week 5 averaging over 3 pounds a week. I think there is some logic to a cheat day even though my coach says no cheats are allowed.
murleya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:48 PM   #11  
New to IP Program

S/C/G: 223/208/160

Height: 5'9"

I wonder if maybe just one cheat meal once a week works the same. I am someone who is afraid to go off of it too much for fear that I will fall back into old habits.
TinaCleg is offline   Reply With Quote