S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Wednesday May 18, Daily Chat

Two threads...go to pxlkitty's please

Last edited by MInewgoal; 05-18-2011 at 09:01 AM. Reason: posting at same time
Old 05-18-2011, 09:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Good morning IPers! I had a wicked thought this morning, I wonder what would happen to all the overweight people if stretch jeans had never been invented. You gain 20 some lbs and still stay in the same size, you just test the stretch factor lol....I know for me if my jeans didnt stretch and were so uncomfortable maybe it would have made me realize how big I was getting. To say I was in a size 18 or 20 but the stretch was at a max hurt less then saying I am in a 24 non stretch.

NSV, I think lol, a patient I hadnt seen before xmas whispered to me,,,,,where did I have my cosmetic surgery done LOL, I was like what, where hhaha, she said my face was so different and skin seemed to glow that I must have done something lol..I told her no..............lost a ton of weight so I guess I lost my happy cheeks top and bottom lol...made me smile for the rest of the night, then I ran to the bathroom to check my face. I didnt see a change at all lol.....One other patient didnt know who I was, asked for the english hygienist, I said thats me....she said noooo she was bigger lol I checked her document, said no......its me LOL, she said omg!! She thought I melted, I said I guess some parts kind of did, for us its a slow battle, but others it seems fast.
Seems so different to be on the losing side of weight, I remember seeing friends who lost weight and looked so good, kind of like a slap in the face for me you know. A crude reality check, but I guess not crude enough for would have done something long before now!

Last edited by locks; 05-18-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Mid-week and going slowly... the weather is still wet, rainy and miserable but it's getting warmer and we are told that it is going to improve. I thought I saw some sun this morning but alas! It was just illusion...

Looking forward to tap class again tonight and feeling good! Staying good too!

Have a great day everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
Good morning IPers! I had a wicked thought this morning, I wonder what would happen to all the overweight people if stretch jeans had never been invented. You gain 20 some lbs and still stay in the same size, you just test the stretch factor lol....I know for me if my jeans didnt stretch and were so uncomfortable maybe it would have made me realize how big I was getting. To say I was in a size 18 or 20 but the stretch was at a max hurt less then saying I am in a 24 non stretch.

NSV, I think lol, a patient I hadnt seen before xmas whispered to me,,,,,where did I have my cosmetic surgery done LOL, I was like what, where hhaha, she said my face was so different and skin seemed to glow that I must have done something lol..I told her no..............lost a ton of weight so I guess I lost my happy cheeks top and bottom lol...made me smile for the rest of the night, then I ran to the bathroom to check my face. I didnt see a change at all lol.....One other patient didnt know who I was, asked for the english hygienist, I said thats me....she said noooo she was bigger lol I checked her document, said no......its me LOL, she said omg!! She thought I melted, I said I guess some parts kind of did, for us its a slow battle, but others it seems fast.
Seems so different to be on the losing side of weight, I remember see friends who lost weight and looked so good, kind of like a slap in the face for me you know. A crude reality check, but I guess not crude enough for would have done something long before now!
What a wonderful NSV!

I am noticing changes in my face too! A few months ago, I was asking my husband to set up some savings so that I could eventually consider a neck lift (for my double chin and jowls) and now, I am hardly noticing my double chin and jowls anymore! I even went so far as to send pictures to a plastic surgeon to find out if there were any non-surgical procedures (laser lipo, etc.) that could help me and he said that in my case, those procedures would not help. I am so surprised because I was certain that even with weight loss, they would still be there as they were there when I was skinnier in the past but now, they are to a point that I can live with them! I am also noticing the disapearance of the lines from my nose and the corners of my mouth. I am looking a lot less like a wood puppet. I am thrilled!

The other day, I had a colleague tell me to be careful because I was starting to lose my boobs. I assured her that it was just my shirts that were getting loose and that I still had reasonable boobs as I pulled my shirt tighter to show her! My husband hasn't complained, so I am not too worried about it yet!

I have "before" pics... I really need to take some "progress" pics... maybe this weekend...

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-18-2011 at 09:28 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:23 AM   #4  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Two threads...go to pxlkitty's please
Great minds think alike... at the same time. Wish we could close threads... Sigh.

Have a good day.

Reminder to others:

Two threads...go to http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-may-18-a.html pxlkitty's please

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 05-18-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post

Mid-week and going slowly... the weather is still wet, rainy and miserable but it's getting warmer and we are told that it is going to improve. I though I saw some sun this morning but alas! It was just illusion...

Looking forward to tap class again tonight and feeling good! Staying good too!

Have a great day everyone!

What a wonderful NSV!

I am noticing changes in my face too! A few months ago, I was asking my husband to set up some savings so that I could eventually consider a neck lift (for my double chin and jowls) and now, I am hardly noticing my double chin and jowls anymore! I even went so far as to send pictures to a plastic surgeon to find out if there were any non-surgical procedures (laser lipo, etc.) that could help me and he said that in my case, those procedures would not help. I am so surprised because I was certain that even with weight loss, they would still be there as they were there when I was skinnier in the past but now, they are to a point that I can live with them! I am also noticing the disapearance of the lines from my nose and the corners of my mouth. I am looking a lot less like a wood puppet. I am thrilled!

The other day, I had a colleague tell me to be careful because I was starting to lose my boobs. I assured her that it was just my shirts that were getting loose and that I still had reasonable boobs as I pulled my shirt tighter to show her! My husband hasn't complained, so I am not too worried about it yet!
lol we do love our boobs
Old 05-18-2011, 09:27 AM   #6  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
Hi!
I've been lurking for a few weeks, so I thought I better introduce myself and at the same time, thank everyone on this forum for the incredibly valuable advice and sharing of experience! I have been completely inspired by all of you, from the experienced IPrs to the newbies!
I started my IP program on April 10th and am now in my 6th week. I have stayed OP for the entire duration and have lost 17lbs so far. The first 3 days were incredibly difficult...lots of cravings (in hindsight, I should have let my family fix their own lunch and dinner during the initial week!). Since then I have been doing great. I do have a difficult time fitting in ALL the food, especially the snack at nite (but I force it down) and sometimes this makes me feel bigger than I ever was. Prior to starting the program, I never drank water...the first two weeks were difficult in regards to the water, but I forced the required amount down my throat religiously. Now I am constantly craving water and it has become my drink of choice! I have a three litre jug on my desk at work, i fill it with water and ice first thing...by 3.30 it is usually all gone.
I snack on lettuce throughout the day (it helps curb my coffee addiction!) and now I've noticed that I crave lettuce too!
My only complaint (towards myself, not the IP Program) is that I have developed an incredibly unhealthy relationship with my scale...I hate it, but can't stay away from it. I weigh myself constantly...pretty much everytime I go to the bathroom, I strip all my clothes off, do my business, then hop on the scale... The results of which have kept me awake (once) and made me cry (twice)...I really need to get over it and move on...I trust the program and have faith in it (maybe I need to project that faith towards myself!)
Everyone in my family has been incredibly supportive...but you guys are the biggest reason why I have been able to stick with this program! THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Ok...as you were..back to lurking for me.
Oh Brummie.... been there; done that. Just remember that your weight fluctuates so much not only from day to day, but from hour to hour. Last week on one day my scale said that I had gained 3 pounds. THREE POUNDS!!! I cried and cried and cried, because I knew that I had not cheated one tiny crumb of anything! How could this happen? Then someone on here reminded me about water weight. So... I looked up on the internet about what to eat that would work as a natural diuretic and still be on protocol. I discovered that something that I had previously eaten every day could help me get rid of the water weight! I went to the grocery store and bought a boatload of cucumbers. I make sure that I have at least 1/2 a cucumber each and every day and it seems to keep the sudden gain water weight in check. As a matter of fact, the very next day I was down 2 of the 3 lbs that the scale showed I had "gained." The next day, I was down and additional pound. At the end of week 4, which to my understanding is a difficult week for many of us, I was down another 1.5 pounds. This wasn't great by some standards, but it was great for me and I'll take it.

Bottom Line: Use the scale as a guide, but don't let it control you. They are machines, remember. Only you know if you have been true to the program. No one is going to judge you, because we're all in this together. What you are experiencing now, others have experienced in the past. Being on here and posting and sharing with us is a way to stay sane as we all embark upon this journey. I encourage you to continue posting and sharing.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:32 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
Seems so different to be on the losing side of weight, I remember seeing friends who lost weight and looked so good, kind of like a slap in the face for me you know. A crude reality check, but I guess not crude enough for would have done something long before now!
Oh what a GREAT story! Don't you love it?

Next summer is my college reunion. No one knows that I started this 4 weeks ago and it will be my little secret until then. I have gained over 100pounds since graduating and many saw me as my 'other fat self' at the last reunion. I'm sure tongues wagged (I went to a women's college--do they even have them anymore/). Next year, when I appear, things will definitely be different! That will be the brass ring, for sure! Thanks for letting me share.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:40 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post

I have "before" pics... I really need to take some "progress" pics... maybe this weekend...
Oh, yes! Please take those pictures. You are such a pretty girl and I know that the change will be GREAT. It will really motivate us to follow your wonderful progress. I love your description of your 'marionette face." I want to look less like Howdy Doody myself (for you youngsters, he was a very famous puppet that had his own tv program back in the dark ages of televison). These 'chubby cheeks' and chin just have to go!

As for the boobs... I am reminded by something that the comic Rosanne once said about a conversation she once had with her young daughter. One day, as she was getting dressed, her daughter walked in and said, Mommy, when I grow up I want to have boobs just like yours." Rosanne said, "Honey, why would you want boobs like mine?" Her daughter replied, "Because they're so nice and loooooooooooooooooong!"

Well.... I thought it was funny at the time, but actually having boobs that are "nice and looooooooooooong" isn't very much fun. Especially when you have to roll them up like a pair of socks to get them in your bra! Thanks for the wonderful motivation. Have a wonderful day!

Last edited by BROWNEYES47; 05-18-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #9  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Great minds think alike... at the same time. Wish we could close threads... Sigh.

Have a good day.

Reminder to others:

Two threads...go to http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-may-18-a.html pxlkitty's please
If you are the originator of the thread, you can close them and stop people from posting in them anymore. You have to be the creator of the thread to close it.
Closed Thread