Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2011, 05:58 PM   #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
longhorn96's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 84

S/C/G: 147/138.8/105

Height: 5' 2.25"

Default salad salad salad salad

I am only on day six. I was (and still am) doing really good eating salad twice, but holy wow I am sick of it. So far I pretty much do the same thing each day. I mix raw baby spinach with spring mix lettuces. I add 1 tsp evoo and some apple cider vinegar and mrs dash. I shake it in a bowl and eat. I have put roasted vegetables in it or raw vegetables. But man I am barely able to choke it down the past couple of meals.

Is there anything you do to mix it up a little? I did do a taco salad one night and that helped.
longhorn96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:09 PM   #2  
Junior Member
 
lisalynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Alberta
Posts: 23

S/C/G: 247/180.8/170

Height: 5'5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn96 View Post
I am only on day six. I was (and still am) doing really good eating salad twice, but holy wow I am sick of it. So far I pretty much do the same thing each day. I mix raw baby spinach with spring mix lettuces. I add 1 tsp evoo and some apple cider vinegar and mrs dash. I shake it in a bowl and eat. I have put roasted vegetables in it or raw vegetables. But man I am barely able to choke it down the past couple of meals.

Is there anything you do to mix it up a little? I did do a taco salad one night and that helped.
I too had the problem with choking down veggies in the beginning. Try from the recipe threads the Kale chips and cauliflower rice which are both awesome. It most definitley helps to change it up, now I really enjoy eating my veggies. Good Luck!
lisalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:15 PM   #3  
Senior Member
 
M0vingon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 572

Height: 5' 5"

Default

Taco salad is one of my faves. I have also used lettuce leaves as a wrap instead of a salad. Mixing up the dressing helps. I usually do what you do with the oil, vinegar, etc. Occasionally I'll add mustard and on rare occasions I'll break out and have a tsp of a normal low cal/low fat dressing. For me, toppings make a difference, so I always have cukes and mushrooms on my salad and occasional veggies like peppers and tomato. Bean sprouts, shredded cabbage, & alfalfa sprouts all work too. I have also used soy nuts or puffs as toppings- and tell myself it's like having croutons
I really hope someone has more creative ideas because I know mine are not very creative!
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:16 PM   #4  
Member
 
lindacraig63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 59

S/C/G: 152.4/138/125.5

Height: 5'4-1/2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn96 View Post
I am only on day six. I was (and still am) doing really good eating salad twice, but holy wow I am sick of it. So far I pretty much do the same thing each day. I mix raw baby spinach with spring mix lettuces. I add 1 tsp evoo and some apple cider vinegar and mrs dash. I shake it in a bowl and eat. I have put roasted vegetables in it or raw vegetables. But man I am barely able to choke it down the past couple of meals.

Is there anything you do to mix it up a little? I did do a taco salad one night and that helped.
You don't have to eat salad twice a day, it's just an unlimited food. I would be a very unhappy camper if I had to eat it more than once a day.
lindacraig63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:21 PM   #5  
Member
Thread Starter
 
longhorn96's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 84

S/C/G: 147/138.8/105

Height: 5' 2.25"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindacraig63 View Post
You don't have to eat salad twice a day, it's just an unlimited food. I would be a very unhappy camper if I had to eat it more than once a day.
WHAT?!?!?!? I seriously have been eating two salad bags A DAY! If I seriously don't have to eat it, then I could at least scale it back a little. I'm doing fine getting my veggies in, but the salad is killing me!
longhorn96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:28 PM   #6  
Member
 
lindacraig63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 59

S/C/G: 152.4/138/125.5

Height: 5'4-1/2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn96 View Post
WHAT?!?!?!? I seriously have been eating two salad bags A DAY! If I seriously don't have to eat it, then I could at least scale it back a little. I'm doing fine getting my veggies in, but the salad is killing me!
I'm sorry you suffered 6 days but I did get a little chuckle out of this. Isn't it a relief to know you don't have to do that anymore?
lindacraig63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:39 PM   #7  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 29

Default

Now that you know you don;t have to have AS much, it hsould help. Also, have you tried Walden Farms dressing. It's calorie free, fat free and carb free so totally "legal" on the diet. It's not fabulous, but adds some flavor and can spice up your bland salad. Good luck.
BigHorn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:48 PM   #8  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11
 
Coloradodivegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lakewood
Posts: 279

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Default

Longhorn... I too got a giggle out of this.

You MUST eat one a day, that is protocol, but skip the 2nd salad, not necessary until you get hungry. I eat my salad everyday but they're small, about one cup of so. If you using veggies, make sure they are "allowed" and not no no's.

Good luck on your journey, you can do it!!!
Coloradodivegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:50 PM   #9  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11
 
Coloradodivegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lakewood
Posts: 279

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Default

Hint: WF dressing need to be used very sparingly, so it doesn't
tripper that gag reflex... lol
Coloradodivegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:22 PM   #10  
Member
Thread Starter
 
longhorn96's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 84

S/C/G: 147/138.8/105

Height: 5' 2.25"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHorn92 View Post
Now that you know you don;t have to have AS much, it hsould help. Also, have you tried Walden Farms dressing. It's calorie free, fat free and carb free so totally "legal" on the diet. It's not fabulous, but adds some flavor and can spice up your bland salad. Good luck.
I bought the Caesar one at our local store (only $3.50 instead of $5). They only had three options though. I tried it once but still added some seasoning and vinegar. Didn't seem that good, but like you said, variety helps!
longhorn96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:24 PM   #11  
Member
Thread Starter
 
longhorn96's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 84

S/C/G: 147/138.8/105

Height: 5' 2.25"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Longhorn... I too got a giggle out of this.

You MUST eat one a day, that is protocol, but skip the 2nd salad, not necessary until you get hungry. I eat my salad everyday but they're small, about one cup of so. If you using veggies, make sure they are "allowed" and not no no's.

Good luck on your journey, you can do it!!!
I'm serious. I've been having like 4 cups, twice a day! I could handle one cup twice a day. I guess I was going a little overboard my first week!

I only eat veggies that are ok. I have had 2 grape tomotoes and salsa on my omelette twice (the salsa ingredients were only veggies that are ok and I only had 1 Tbsp). I'm a little curious on the dill pickles being ok. We can have a cup of them? Seems high in sodium, but would be nice now and then.
longhorn96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:30 PM   #12  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11
 
Coloradodivegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lakewood
Posts: 279

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Default



Yes, you can have dill pickles but not sweet pickles, see if you can kind
a low sodium version.

It's not a bad thing about the two salads a day, I'm sure your body
thanked you for it.
Coloradodivegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:39 PM   #13  
Member
Thread Starter
 
longhorn96's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 84

S/C/G: 147/138.8/105

Height: 5' 2.25"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post


Yes, you can have dill pickles but not sweet pickles, see if you can kind
a low sodium version.

It's not a bad thing about the two salads a day, I'm sure your body
thanked you for it.
Hey! I just noticed you're in Lakewood! I'm in Highlands Ranch!
longhorn96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:47 PM   #14  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11
 
Coloradodivegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lakewood
Posts: 279

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Default

Really??? Well Hi there neighbor!!!

Your note going out to the clinic in Lonetree (I think) are you? Her
name is Bettany.

I go to Arvada Chiro, Dr. Welling... he's awesome! I'm old enough to
be his mother but he's a pretty good guy.
Coloradodivegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:52 PM   #15  
Senior Member
 
Determinedat47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Montana
Posts: 503

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Walden farms

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHorn92 View Post
Now that you know you don;t have to have AS much, it hsould help. Also, have you tried Walden Farms dressing. It's calorie free, fat free and carb free so totally "legal" on the diet. It's not fabulous, but adds some flavor and can spice up your bland salad. Good luck.
Not everyone would agree, but I think the walden farms chipolte ranch is really yummy!
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:07 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.