Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 06:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Default Wednesday May 25, 2011 Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- lntroduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: Tuesday May 24, 2011 Daily Chat
Old 05-25-2011, 06:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone! About to go out for my walk with my dog. Woohoo! Hope you all have a great day! Still catching up on your posts from yesterday.

Have a wonderful and OP day!
Old 05-25-2011, 06:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 232/ip 219/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Does anyone know if it's ok to skip meals? My husband and I are doing IP together and somehow we're messed up and only have restricted foods left for today, so what do we do?

I haven't lost much weight this week, so I don't want to make it worse!
Old 05-25-2011, 07:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/189/140

To amoderngirl:
Not sure how to post from yesterday's thread, so this is my variation ! Last week was totally like that for me at work! I was not able to focus at all during work and just sluggish. This week has been better for me so far. I am up again at 4:30 ugh, my dear daughter crawled in bed with us at 4:30 and I woke up...and now I am up. Today might be a little more trying at work since this is the second day in a row. Hope your work day is better today!
Old 05-25-2011, 07:21 AM   #5  

I have been very good on staying on plan, but yesterday I did not get any of my vegetables...how will this hurt me? Any advice?
Old 05-25-2011, 07:26 AM   #6  

Good Morning to all the chickadees and chickaroos on IP! Have a great day, stay on plan and let the plan do the work for you....love watching the lbs/inches just melt away! woot woot!

Someone yesterday that does not know that I am doing IP, noticed my weight loss! woot woot....it felt awesome! My first compliment!
Old 05-25-2011, 07:58 AM   #7  
Lovin the way I feel!

S/C/G: 235(start IP 4/15/11)/tick/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning and happy Wednesday!
Here in CT is going to be a beautiful sunny day...finally!!!
Day 3 of being back OP, I still have the ache in my left middle back area...ugh! and it's TOM (well still..got it last Friday) How badly does IP mess with your cycle???
Old 05-25-2011, 08:03 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Wednesday! Thanks to CinnamonSparkles for starting the thread! People on this board are just awesome

WI day for me and I'm down 3.6 lbs. Oddly, no change in inches . Not sure how that happens. I am always in that mindtrap of wanting to lose more, but it's all good. That's 3.6 lbs I'll never carry around again. Next mini-goal is to get to onderland. It's going to be hard to be patient for that one.

I hope everyone has a fabuous day!
Old 05-25-2011, 08:31 AM   #9  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by phall8180 View Post
Good morning and happy Wednesday!
Here in CT is going to be a beautiful sunny day...finally!!!
Day 3 of being back OP, I still have the ache in my left middle back area...ugh! and it's TOM (well still..got it last Friday) How badly does IP mess with your cycle???
Good morning!
I cannot tell you for sure yet as I've been OP for 4 weeks now, well actually WI#5 tonight. So just finishing week 5 today. And my TOM started on the weekend, so we'll see what the scale tells me tonight. But my coach told me she has a lady who sees her and every month when TOM arrives she gains 10 lbs but then the following week she loses 10 lbs. I'm hoping I'm not like that or anybody else. It's pretty discouraging but everybody is different. I guess we'll just have to see when that time comes. All the best to you. And I'll find out tonight how TOM affects my weight loss.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:39 AM   #10  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Happy Wednesday! Thanks to CinnamonSparkles for starting the thread! People on this board are just awesome

WI day for me and I'm down 3.6 lbs. Oddly, no change in inches . Not sure how that happens. I am always in that mindtrap of wanting to lose more, but it's all good. That's 3.6 lbs I'll never carry around again. Next mini-goal is to get to onderland. It's going to be hard to be patient for that one.

That is wonderful, 3.6 lbs is great. And I love what you've said about you'll never carry it around again. Good for you! That's a great way of thinking. And I've learned that setting mini goals is the best.

As for myself, my WI #5 is tonight as well. I'm really wondering how I will do as I said in one of my previous posts, that TOM is around and this will be the first time being on IP. So just wondering how it will affect my weight loss. But if I go according to my scale here at home, I should have lost around 4-5 lbs. give or take which I'll be very happy with. That would put me at around 20 lbs for a whole month being OP. And I would be in the 230's instead of the 260's that I started at....wow, that's embarassing!! But hey it's a start.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:40 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Wednesday everyone!

I have my WI later today at luncthime. My weight is up a teeny bit from the weekend but I don't know why, so I am expecting a 2 lb loss today. That would put me at 151 lbs on my Coach's scale... 1 lb off of phase II... what would you do? Just go to phase II or wait another week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkari View Post
Does anyone know if it's ok to skip meals? My husband and I are doing IP together and somehow we're messed up and only have restricted foods left for today, so what do we do?

I haven't lost much weight this week, so I don't want to make it worse!
I am not sure what the right thing to do is but these are the two options that I would be considering if I were in that position:

1) If possible, go to Costco or Walmart and try to find something similar (Supreme Protein shakes? Protein powder? Protidiet?) until you can get more IP packets; or

2) I would do something like this until I could get more packets: 1 whole egg with 2 egg whites made into an omelet with veggies for breakfast; protein, salad and veggies for lunch; protein and veggies for dinner; and the restricted for evening snack.

Good luck!

From Newpair:I have been having a really hard time getting all of my supplements in... anyone else having this problem? I just forget to. I work ten hour days at work so putting my bottles out where I can see them is not an option. I tried putting a reminder on my phone but by time I see it, it is 3pm already.. Any suggestions would be wonderful!

When I prepare my lunch in the morning, I also prepare all of the supplements that I am going to need in a day in a ziplock baggie (my preference is for the little ones that are used for snacks) and I place the baggie in my lunch bag with my food and IP packets. This way, when I reach for something to eat, I also see the supplements.

I also always carry around an "IP Emergency Kit" in my purse, which is a ziplock baggie containing:

- 1 days worth of supplements;
- 1 Floralax (as I sometimes need this);
- 1 individual packet of WF Italian dressing;
- A few packets of Stevia (or you could use Splenda if you prefer);
- An IP bar (or if I don't have any, it may sometimes be replaced with a Pure Protein bar until I can get more IP ones)

I hope this helps!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-25-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:54 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Morning everyone. Hope everyone has a great day. Looks like I'll be spending mine in bed as much as possible as this cold I was trying to ignore seems to have a good hold on me now. I feel like my chest may actually explode
Old 05-25-2011, 09:13 AM   #13  
Start: 4-20-11

From Newpair:I have been having a really hard time getting all of my supplements in... anyone else having this problem? I just forget to. I work ten hour days at work so putting my bottles out where I can see them is not an option. I tried putting a reminder on my phone but by time I see it, it is 3pm already.. Any suggestions would be wonderful!

How about putting a 'sticky' on your computer? If you don't have this program in your "Accessories" you can download one for free from the internet. I believe you can google "desktop post it notes" or something similar. I got one and put all the things I need to remember on it. When I open my computer, the post-it is right there in plain sight.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:15 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwheelmama View Post
Good Morning to all the chickadees and chickaroos on IP! Have a great day, stay on plan and let the plan do the work for you....love watching the lbs/inches just melt away! woot woot!

Someone yesterday that does not know that I am doing IP, noticed my weight loss! woot woot....it felt awesome! My first compliment!
Good Morning to you! What wonderful news to get a compliment when no one is watching! I know that had to make your day! Congratulations!
Old 05-25-2011, 09:18 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post

It has been my experience that losing inches as well as weight can sometimes come in "waves". I didn't think I was losing inches and then I woke up one morning and all of my clothes were baggy! How did that happen, I wondered when I weight has actually changed very little.

Enjoy the ride. Your body is going to surprise you daily!
Closed Thread