3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   MISSING??? (fun thread) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/232714-missing-fun-thread.html)

GailMarie 05-07-2011 02:07 PM

MISSING??? (fun thread)

Hi Everyone on and off IP!!

Just for fun, I was wondering what "normal" food do you miss the most?
For those who have read my past posts, you probably know that I miss REAL peanut butter the most!
Anyone else care to add what they miss or crave?:T
Like I said, this is a fun post so please don't be critical of our cravings.

Have an awesome IP and OP weekend! Happy Mother's Day to all moms out there!:hug:

bargoo 05-07-2011 02:09 PM

Hot Fudge Sundae

Skullarix 05-07-2011 02:25 PM

I love crackers... the only problem is that for me a serving of crackers is the whole box :(

Treena 05-07-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GailMarie (Post 3840156)
For those who have read my past posts, you probably know that I miss REAL peanut butter the most!

Same here!! I got the PB soy puffs to help with that. When I first got it, I got 2 bags. I wasn't impressed with the first one, so it took until the end of the week for me to eat the 2nd bag. For some reason, though, that 2nd bag tasted soooooooooo good..... so I got another 2 bags this week. :D It helps me with my PB cravings, and so does using WF PB in my thai chicken recipe.

I've always liked peanut butter, but I really thought I'd miss my all time favorite food the most - cheese. And for the longest time, I did, but not so much anymore.

Great thread, by the way! :)

Stefany78 05-07-2011 02:41 PM

there are 2 things I really miss...
1- Cheese, I am a cheesemaniac lol
2- People from The Quebec will understand me...I really miss POUTINE...Une vraie grosse poutine plein de fromage...A really big poutine with a lot of cheese...

For those who doesn't know poutine, it is our "national" meal in Quebec, it is a mix of french fries, cheese curds and gravy miummy...

picky123 05-07-2011 02:43 PM

I have to say I miss my Real Peanut Butter and Crackers. I used to come home from a long day and make a meal out of a full sleeve or more of crackers and about an inch thick of peanut butter between them.

I really enjoy the peanut butter puffs, and the bars it does help with the craving when I have one!!

WF Peanut Butter is NASTY!! I bought a bottle of it tried it and fired it right in the trash can not my real stuff.

Have a great weekend and Happy Mothers Day to all the Mom's on here.

TKlein 05-07-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GailMarie (Post 3840156)
Hi Everyone on and off IP!!

Just for fun, I was wondering what "normal" food do you miss the most?
Anyone else care to add what they miss or crave?:T
Like I said, this is a fun post so please don't be critical of our cravings.

Have an awesome IP and OP weekend! Happy Mother's Day to all moms out there!:hug:

I miss peanut butter the most as well! I am slowly reinforcing in my mind that once I'm on maintenance I won't eat half of the jar in one day (like I used to). Being away from it is allowing me to re-train my mind that having it every once and awhile is sooo much better then not having it at all!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skullarix (Post 3840171)
I love crackers... the only problem is that for me a serving of crackers is the whole box :(

A whole box of crackers was a serving size for me too! Somehow that box always kept calling my name to "eat me...eat me..."

The last thing I'm really missing is my Diet Pepsi...:(

shrinkingsusie 05-07-2011 03:09 PM

Feta cheese and mashed potatoes and corn on the cob! mmmm Determined to hit goal before this summer is over so I can enjoy some nice corn on the cob this summer!!

MonicaM 05-07-2011 03:19 PM

I buy Trader Joe all natural peanut butter and use it sparingly on toast for breakfast or a snack. I count calories, so I eat anything I want for the most part, but the thing I miss most is probably a baked potato covered with butter, sour cream, bacon, cheese and scallions; or, home baked bread still warm, covered with ice cold butter with a glass or two of wine with a salad BEFORE dinner; or a huge clam bake complete with butter-covered lobster, clams stuffed with a scallop-shrimp-crackers-butter filling, sausage, etc. I have always had a problem with eat to live vs. live to eat!

ZM123 05-07-2011 03:24 PM

Avocados... My skin is paying the price for no longer eating them... used to be soft, getting dryer every day!

Linden 05-07-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefany78 (Post 3840190)
2- People from The Quebec will understand me...I really miss POUTINE...Une vraie grosse poutine plein de fromage...A really big poutine with a lot of cheese...

For those who doesn't know poutine, it is our "national" meal in Quebec, it is a mix of french fries, cheese curds and gravy miummy...

I think you'd love the Hawai'ian loco moco.

Aunt Sheshie 05-07-2011 03:57 PM

Kettle-cooked potato chips..........

hugs :hug:

SaskDragonfly 05-07-2011 05:09 PM

Feta cheese in my salad!

emily88 05-07-2011 06:11 PM

I never realized how much I loved fruit until this diet... I can't wait to get onto the later phases! And corn on the cob... Hoping to reach the phase that allows that before the corn season is over... And PIZZA. Sigh.

GettingItOff 05-07-2011 06:59 PM

Oh gosh, I don't even know where to begin. Anything with sugar, bread, butter, chocolate, pizza, etc.

blkbmr06 05-07-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GettingItOff (Post 3840350)
Oh gosh, I don't even know where to begin. Anything with sugar, bread, butter, chocolate, pizza, etc.

Cheese Enchiladas....I gained a pound typing that....

Newpair 05-07-2011 07:17 PM

I miss cheese and dark chocolate. I tell myself that I will be able to have it again someday... just not now :(

amoderngirl 05-07-2011 07:39 PM

Pizza and dessert of any kind. I've been baking a lot lately and it stinks not getting to eat any of the things I make! Also, vanilla lattes from Starbucks.

Chick76 05-07-2011 08:16 PM

I miss wine. And bread.

jo2155 05-07-2011 08:50 PM

fresh warm crusty french bread with a great cheese and a glass of wine *sigh*

K9Owner 05-07-2011 08:55 PM

I do not do IP, but I miss sugar!
I love creme slushes from Sonic--Miss those!
Cake of any kind-except chocolate.
Candy--fruity things
And one of my staples: CEREAL! Almost any kind of boxed cereal, from the kid-friendly to Rice Krispies.
I have had 2 slices of cake since April 7, but am tempted at least 1x/wk, either from work or family!
I have had NO cereal since April 7. I used to eat 1/2 a box for dinner.
No slushes, tho I did find a suitable replacement with Diet Orange soda and sugar-free Vanilla Pudding.
I sometimes suck on Halls Breezers for the fruity flavor b/c I haven't had Skittles, Starburst, or Smarties either!
I did splurge 1 day and have a Blow-pop--omg, it was soooo delish :drool: but the guilt afterwards wasn't worth it :stress:
Weird, I know, esp at age 35, but I still :love: cotton candy!!! :love:

GailMarie 05-07-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9Owner (Post 3840405)
I do not do IP, but I miss sugar!
I love creme slushes from Sonic--Miss those!
Cake of any kind-except chocolate.
Candy--fruity things
And one of my staples: CEREAL! Almost any kind of boxed cereal, from the kid-friendly to Rice Krispies.
I have had 2 slices of cake since April 7, but am tempted at least 1x/wk, either from work or family!
I have had NO cereal since April 7. I used to eat 1/2 a box for dinner.
No slushes, tho I did find a suitable replacement with Diet Orange soda and sugar-free Vanilla Pudding.
I sometimes suck on Halls Breezers for the fruity flavor b/c I haven't had Skittles, Starburst, or Smarties either!
I did splurge 1 day and have a Blow-pop--omg, it was soooo delish :drool: but the guilt afterwards wasn't worth it :stress:
Weird, I know, esp at age 35, but I still :love: cotton candy!!! :love:

never thought about sucking Halls Breezers!! are they sugar free?

patootie 05-07-2011 09:15 PM

Oh man do I miss cheese. I thought I would have some major sweet cravings, but I miss the creaminess and tartness of cheese above all else. UGH

Shrinking Sandra 05-07-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefany78 (Post 3840190)

OMG!!! this is what I am missing too! My fiance had a poutine the other day and I just kept asking him if I could smell it. (I like to smell the foods I can't have, because by smelling them, it's like I can taste it)

I also miss mango and B.L.T. sandwiches.

M0vingon 05-07-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emily88 (Post 3840320)
I never realized how much I loved fruit until this diet... I can't wait to get onto the later phases! And corn on the cob... Hoping to reach the phase that allows that before the corn season is over... And PIZZA. Sigh.

We're like twins. I was staring down the bowl of apples this afternoon. Then I went to my Mom's and she had a bowl of grapes on the counter. Damn!
When my kids ask me what my favourite food is they already know the answer is corn on the cob- which they think is gross 'cause all vegetables are gross when you're 6. I'm definitely going to have grilled cron on the cob and a fruit binge when I'm allowed! (OK I'm exaggerating, but it sounds good)

K9Owner 05-07-2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GailMarie (Post 3840420)
never thought about sucking Halls Breezers!! are they sugar free?

As a matter of fact, the Halls Refresh are SF. I'm pretty sure the Breezers are as well :)

Stefany78 05-08-2011 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrinking Sandra (Post 3840429)
OMG!!! this is what I am missing too! My fiance had a poutine the other day and I just kept asking him if I could smell it. (I like to smell the foods I can't have, because by smelling them, it's like I can taste it)

I also miss mango and B.L.T. sandwiches.

In my case for now I'm just avoiding it...I would'nt be able just smell it without tasting a bit (and then a lot)...loll

brandam6 05-08-2011 12:53 AM

I thought that I would really miss candy and cakes. But I think I miss bananas the most. I also really miss beer.

GailMarie 05-08-2011 12:06 PM

Happy Mother's Day to all those Moms, Mothers, Mums, Steps, and all who are Mothers in our hearts<3
Hope everyone has an awesome day!

NannyOgg 05-08-2011 05:19 PM

It changes everyday. Today, I miss pizza. Yesterday it was Mexican food. Cheese most of the time. But constant cravings are milk (a tall glass of very cold organic 2%! YUM!) and strawberries. It's strawberry season here and they are everywhere, in stores, in stands on the side of the road, everywhere! Before I would buy fresh ripe ones and stand over the sink eating some while I washed them.

NonieRuns 05-08-2011 07:19 PM

Starbucks nonfat no water extra hot Chai and Fiber One Cereal w/ yogurt & blueberries.

But will continue to be strong and hold off--just saw some recent pictures....I still look so short and fat! It's sort of discouraging...

GailMarie 05-08-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NonieRuns (Post 3841242)
Starbucks nonfat no water extra hot Chai and Fiber One Cereal w/ yogurt & blueberries.

But will continue to be strong and hold off--just saw some recent pictures....I still look so short and fat! It's sort of discouraging...

Not to be too critical, but if I was your weight, I would be skin on bones. Keep your chin up, and remember that you are not in this alone:hug:

fitnessclassic 05-08-2011 08:37 PM

Oh my beer friend

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandam6 (Post 3840540)
I thought that I would really miss candy and cakes. But I think I miss bananas the most. I also really miss beer.

I mean dear friend the beer! I am right there with you, don't even need a glass, just an ice cold bottle!

NonieRuns 05-09-2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GailMarie (Post 3841251)
Not to be too critical, but if I was your weight, I would be skin on bones. Keep your chin up, and remember that you are not in this alone:hug:

Don't consider it critical at all--but you are 8 inches taller than me! :) I could (or perhaps should) set my goal even lower but I'm trying to be realistic and set it somewhere I believe I can maintain for the long haul!

Bottom line, I guess, is that it's more about the mental game(s) we play and how we see ourselves (often not as others see us). I will never be built like the "standard" runner and I can tell myself that runners do come in all shapes and sizes....but even though I know all of that it's still hard to look at pictures and see a short runner girl with thunder thighs and ample ta-ta's! :dizzy:

I do plan to pull (and already have pulled) my chin up off the ground and keep on keeping on--love the inspiration I get here--it really helps. Hot Yoga this afternoon and a run with girlfriends tomorrow morning will help too!;)

Thanks!

longhorn96 05-09-2011 04:44 PM

Well, I am on day one, so I don't miss anything yet. But I know my number one MISS will be a spicy fountain Coke from McDonalds (not diet... REAL coke!).

Determinedat47 05-09-2011 11:53 PM

Cheese and crunchy foods and bread!

GailMarie 05-11-2011 09:07 PM

I would kill for a piece of home made toast and cheese**iz today

Reenabeana 05-11-2011 09:20 PM

I actually haven't been craving anything until yesterday. I wanted fires so bad!

GailMarie 05-14-2011 11:33 AM

checking out my ticker

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar069...170/206.6/.png

GailMarie 05-14-2011 11:40 AM

sorry, just checking my signature