New soy patties - Page 2 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 06-26-2011, 04:51 PM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettingItOff View Post
Has anyone tried this yet? We just got them in and I only got one just in case I don't like it.
I had just put mine in the pan to cook when I couldn't remember whether or not it was 'restricted'. So - did a quick Google and came across this thread - and then starting 'sweating' because I thought I was going to have to gag this down.

So - I followed the advice on this thread - and added garlic and onion powder to it as it was cooking....but instead of cooking it in the patty shape, I smeared over pan. Next time I will keep in patty shape and crumble after.

Anyway - dumped it in my salad, threw on my homemade dressing (grape-seed oil, mustard, a full bulb of crushed garlic, a whole whack of fresh basil and oregano pureed with the garlic...and I think that's it) - threw some sea salt and pepper on top - and yummy!

With the soy burger crumbled up on my salad - it's really yummy (my salad has cauliflower, broccoli, red cabbage, green onions, romaine lettuce, sui choi (Chinese cabbage) and celery).

What a nice change of pace. There are so many of the IP drinks that I don't like, and not many soups - so have been relegated for so long to such a restrictive diet (I mean more so because I don't care for drinks and bars...). So this is really a nice change of pace.

So - if you can try just 1 pack - I would say it's worth it to try - just remember to crumble into something....

Tammy
sugerray50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:10 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

I have weigh in tomorrow and we too can only buy by the box.. I'm still on the fence with this.. I'd like something "fun/different" but I'm also afraid of spending $27 on it and hating it.. We don't have an exchange option, so I'd be stuck.. Maybe I'll suggest the basket thing somone else said they do... Hmmm..
whisperingshouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 201.8/180.8/140

Height: 5'6

Default Soy Patty

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperingshouts View Post
I have weigh in tomorrow and we too can only buy by the box.. I'm still on the fence with this.. I'd like something "fun/different" but I'm also afraid of spending $27 on it and hating it.. We don't have an exchange option, so I'd be stuck.. Maybe I'll suggest the basket thing somone else said they do... Hmmm..
They are okay. I do like them but couldn't eat everyday for lunch. Maybe once or twice a week would be fine. I like it as a patty with some mustard on top. I eat veggies with it too. My coach told me these have a lot of carbs and are restricted though. For a restricted item I don't like it. I'm tired of everything I like turning out to be restricted. She told me the crepes weren't restricted and I was eating them like 3 times a week.
GettingItOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:10 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 243/243/120

Height: 5'5

I order online and these are in the non-restricted section! I wonder which one is correct, the coach or the web-site????
Texasgirl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:19 PM   #20  

Height: 5'3"

I was told restricted too...probably why i haven't tried yet.
Losingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:26 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 188/198/135

Height: 5'2"

I was told they were non restricted but I can hardly choke them down!
CarrieElizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:26 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

They are non restricted here too...I have one but haven't tried it. My center is really good about exchanging stuff. I think I'll take it back
wheekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:37 PM   #23  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

If you have some soy patties packages left and can't return them, try this recipe. I buy the Chipotle Ranch dressing online at netrition dot com.

Mexican veggie burger lettuce wraps. Uses soy patty (unrestricted).

Take 6-10 big basil leaves and a handful of fresh parsley. Put in mini food processor and chop. Add dry soy patty mix and chop again. Add 1.5 Tablespoons Walden Farms Chipotle Ranch dressing, chop... Let sit one minute. Add some additional water if necessary to blend the rest of the product. Put mixture into heated frying pan. Break up the mixture into small chunks as it cooks... Serve on romaine lettuce leaves with additional WF Chipotle Ranch as topping.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote