3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Best/Worst Foods (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/231988-best-worst-foods.html)

MomOf4inAK 06-20-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9lover (Post 3827865)
I like most all of the packets. I am not a picky eater and even some I tried that I didn't like at first, I like now.

Favorites:
chocolate ready to drink or powder
cappucino
pink lemonaid - I like it as a hot drink; mix it first, then heat it up in micro.
orange pancake
milk chocolate pudding
tomato soup

Dislikes:
blueberry pudding
crisp cereal
wildberry yogurt drink

I am curious about the cereal pancakes - I didn't like the cereal when I ate it as cereal, but might like it as a pancake.

Is there a trick to making the Orange Pancakes turn out good? I've tried doctoring them up with vanilla and cinnamon but they always taste disgusting. Cooking them is a problem too, no matter how careful I am, the outside over cooks and the inside is mush. I still have four more days that I'm supposed to eat this for breakfast and it's really hard to stomache!

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

WijitingBoo 06-21-2011 12:17 PM

LOVE
peanut puffs
apple cinnamon puffs
southwestern puffs (OMG!) (my bf loves these too and he isnt on the diet)
dark choco pudding (too bad it has more carbs than the regular)
raspberry jello
wildberry yogurt drink

choco puffs
choco ready made
banana pudding (i want to try making that pudding cake thing someone mentioned with it - might be like banana bread - ooo with some butter flavor - hmmm)

HATE
soups
oatmeal (I think the maple is way too over power, wish they had a cinnamon version)
strawberry pudding (the texture just seemed off - may try in that cake thing as well tho, may work?)

3FCuser2 06-21-2011 01:36 PM

I did not like any of the soups, nor did I like the omelette

I like all of the shakes, and both of the ready to eat puddings

my favorite are the peanut butter soy puffs, apple cinnamore puffs, and the choco soy puffs

thinkthin135 06-21-2011 04:25 PM

Haven't tried a whole bunch because I just started a week ago, but:

Love

Omelette
Chocolate Drink
SW Soy Puffs
Chicken Soup
Cookies and Cream Bar
Carmel Nut Bar

Hate:
Cereal
Chocolate Pudding
Pineapple/Banana drink

Moonkakaladda 06-22-2011 12:13 AM

Favorites
-Mushroom soup with pan fried sliced bella mushrooms with chives and black pepper
-Wildberry yogurt drink
-Chocolate Drink
-Cappiccino Drink
-Dark Chocolate Pudding
-Herb and Cheese Omelette with stirfried veggies
-Pina Colada Drink
-Southwest Cheese Curls - very spicy
-Chocolate PB Bars

-ridges - s&v, bbq, white cheese - dont like they are dense in texture
-chicken soup
-broccoli and cheese soup
-butterscotch pudding
-rest of the drinks

Dislikes:
-banana pudding - too artificial tasting
-leek soup - too oniony tasting

TIP: I find I enjoy the drinks and pudding alot more if they are really cold so i add alot of ice which I find helps.

When I started on IP, I didnt like the splenda taste but over the weeks, I found my palette adjusted and I enjoy some of the products more than Week 1.

CarrieA 06-22-2011 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanna00m (Post 3829517)
Has anyone tried the new soy patties?

I got one to try and will probably have it tomorrow for lunch.

Just wondering what to expect. ;)

I love the soy patty. I've posted my recipe in the recipe sticky but this is how i make it.

I mix the soy packet with a little more water so its like cake batter. I add dried onions, garlic herb Ms. Dash and sometimes worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. While that sits I saute 1/2 c. red and orange diced bell pepper and 1 c. diced zucchini (or turnips) with a little oil in a small saute non-stick saute pan. Once the zucchini is softened and lightly brown I pour that mixture into the bowl of soy mixture (the soy mixtrue is just a binder for the veggies). I mix those together then pour back into the saute pan that I added a little oil. I pat it out with the back of a spoon into a large pancake. Once a little brown I flip and cook the other side.

I think this is very tasty.

pselias 06-22-2011 10:01 AM

I've always been a pretty picky eater, so I don't switch it up much.

Faves:
Vanilla RTD, cappuccino, chocolate drink (warmed up like cocoa), vanilla peanut bar, peanut butter crunch bar, lemon poppy seed bar

Like:
vanilla pudding, butterscotch pudding, banana pudding, peanut butter soy puffs, cookies & cream bar

HATE:
omelete, soups, fruit drinks, spaghetti

40andfab 06-23-2011 02:14 PM

I really like the Chili, Omelete, and the Yogurt, all the bars are soooo good, and just tried the Peanut Soy puffs, wow tasty...the ready made Choclate and Vanilla puddings from IP are wayyyy better then the packets.

maykatcooper 07-04-2011 01:57 PM

Orange Pancakes

Quote:

Originally Posted by MomOf4inAK (Post 3899927)
Is there a trick to making the Orange Pancakes turn out good? I've tried doctoring them up with vanilla and cinnamon but they always taste disgusting. Cooking them is a problem too, no matter how careful I am, the outside over cooks and the inside is mush. I still have four more days that I'm supposed to eat this for breakfast and it's really hard to stomache!

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

I began the program Feb 1 (5 mos ago) and just had the Orange Pancakes this morning for the first time... celebrating 4th of July. I truly enjoyed them. The packet made 5 pancakes and using a really good non-stick pan (never ever use PAM on them it will ruin the non-stick coating) they came out great. I used the WF Syrup for the 1st time and tried adding a little WF Strawberry Jelly to my bites. I really enjoyed them... won't have them often but for celebrations or when others are having pancakes it's a winner for me. Smile. I've never tried the Chocolate Pancake/Muffin mix either. ;)

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar067...165/187.8/.png

wuv2bloved 07-04-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WijitingBoo (Post 3900670)
LOVE
peanut puffs
apple cinnamon puffs
southwestern puffs (OMG!) (my bf loves these too and he isnt on the diet)
dark choco pudding (too bad it has more carbs than the regular)
raspberry jello
wildberry yogurt drink

choco puffs
choco ready made
banana pudding (i want to try making that pudding cake thing someone mentioned with it - might be like banana bread - ooo with some butter flavor - hmmm)

HATE
soups
oatmeal (I think the maple is way too over power, wish they had a cinnamon version)
strawberry pudding (the texture just seemed off - may try in that cake thing as well tho, may work?)

Add cinnamon to your oatmeal cuts the maple flavor down and is delicious. I also sometimes drop some WF chocolate syrup in it...YUMMY

Maile 07-06-2011 11:28 AM

Dislike: strawberry and blueberry pudding, drinks

We are not offered ready made pudding nor peanut butter or chocolate soy puffs!

The key to the crepes and pancakes is to let them sit 5 minutes, then make one big pancake and cook it slowly on medium or low heat.
The WF syrup is great!

filkers 03-10-2012 07:16 PM

Best and Worst

I have only been on the program for almost a week and based on my home scale I've lost 6 pounds already. Eeeee so excited. I haven't tried that many things yet but so far,
my favorites are:
spaghetti bolognese, chocolate pudding as a pudding in the fridge, lemon poppy seed bar
not so sure about:
butterscotch pudding in the fridge, caramel nut bar
next to try:
southwest cheese curls, peanut soy puffs, and RTD chocolate shakes.

So happy to have found this site with all the tips, recipes, and inspiration!

Briguy 03-10-2012 11:00 PM

I had the banana pudding for the first time tonight. To quote Ross on an episode of Friends... " It tastes like Feet!! " ;)

I think I like the Mango smoothie the best.

Billster 03-11-2012 01:42 AM

LOVE:
Premade chocolate pudding but upset that it is on back order from my clinic 
Crispy cereal as I made pancakes out of it!
Cappuccino drink and powder chocolate drink
All the bars and soy puffs

OK Once in a blue moon:
Omelet, Broccoli soup, chicken soup, premade vanilla pudding
HATE!!!!!!!!!!!
All other soups (so gross), premade mango drink, all instant puddings

Sewmam 03-11-2012 11:30 AM

Love:
Dark Chocolate Pudding
Chocolate drink mix
premade vanilla and chocolate drinks
Mushroom soup
Chicken soup
Broccoli soup
Potato puree
Caramel Nut bar
Peanut bars
Salt & Vinegar chips
SW cheddar puffs
Most of the powdered drinks and puddings, IF made with the vanilla premade shake into a drink, over ice with more water. The puddings don't have much flavor on their own and I didn't like the consistency as a pudding. Even a little extract didn't improve them much; some of the drinks like blueberry/cranberry have an aftertaste I didn't like, but the vanilla drink really changes that.

Don't Like:
Leek soup
Tomato soup
Most of the other bars - not enough flavor to be satisfying

I will say that as time went on, stuff that I didn't like at first seems more tasty now, so it's worth trying stuff again, especially if you can buy one packet. Gives a little more variety to your days...