3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Best/Worst Foods (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/231988-best-worst-foods.html)

Aimes 04-27-2011 04:05 PM

Best/Worst Foods

There is probably already a thread for this so if there is could you link it for me:) Sorry I'm new to the diet!!

So far (day 3)

Fav:
Chocolate premade Pudding
Chocolate Drink

Hate:
pina colada
Pink lemonade
(will probably hate all the cold drinks they taste too protein-y)

Treena 04-27-2011 04:57 PM

I'm trying to find whether there is a thread or not, but I'm not sure. I know that I've read people's opinions and written my own, numerous times. It's probably just been at random in different threads. We've covered some issues regarding not liking some of the packets in this thread.

Personally, though, I find this thread even more helpful: Fun with Ideal Protein Packets. There, you can find ways that others have been creative with their packets that otherwise would be less tasty!

I looked through the first 8 pages and that's what I found (I don't have time to go through all 59 pages!...). I hope that helps!

Also...

My faves:
Vanilla pudding (there's so much you can do with it!!)
crispy cereal (for the pancakes!)
allllllllllll the bars, mmmmm
All the soy puffs, especially the apple cinnamon
chocolate/d choco pudding
Chocolate drink
Cappuccino (when I mix it with 100mL cold water, and add my 6oz coffee to it) (or when I mix half a bag of it with half a bag of choco pudding!)
chocolate pancake :)

I'm probably weird but I really like a lot of the packets.

I don't like the soups, and some of the juice-drinks have a weird aftertaste. Except the pina colada in my opinion. I really like that one.

kmjw02 04-27-2011 09:12 PM

Ahh I love the idea of this group, I was thinking of doing the same thing! :)

kmjw02 04-27-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treena (Post 3826397)
I'm trying to find whether there is a thread or not, but I'm not sure. I know that I've read people's opinions and written my own, numerous times. It's probably just been at random in different threads. We've covered some issues regarding not liking some of the packets in this thread.

Personally, though, I find this thread even more helpful: Fun with Ideal Protein Packets. There, you can find ways that others have been creative with their packets that otherwise would be less tasty!

I looked through the first 8 pages and that's what I found (I don't have time to go through all 59 pages!...). I hope that helps!

Also...

My faves:
Vanilla pudding (there's so much you can do with it!!)
crispy cereal (for the pancakes!)
allllllllllll the bars, mmmmm
All the soy puffs, especially the apple cinnamon
chocolate/d choco pudding
Chocolate drink
Cappuccino (when I mix it with 100mL cold water, and add my 6oz coffee to it) (or when I mix half a bag of it with half a bag of choco pudding!)
chocolate pancake :)

I'm probably weird but I really like a lot of the packets.

I don't like the soups, and some of the juice-drinks have a weird aftertaste. Except the pina colada in my opinion. I really like that one.

Haha I actually enjoy the chocolate pancake too.. The first time I made it I was thinking omg this is weird haha but I found if you fill the whole pan up and make a couple large ones it works well and tastes good!

GailMarie 04-27-2011 09:15 PM

I really like the Pink Lemonade...and I haven't had too many issues with the others. I would have to say that the chocolate pudding is my least favorite so far, but I haven't tried everything.
Oh, I also really like the Herb/cheese omelette, but my coach doesn't like it. Everyone is different

kmjw02 04-27-2011 09:26 PM

- The peanut covered soy puffs, the healthier version of reeces pieces
- The BBQ & Salt and vinegar chips.. I would chose those over normal potatoe chips any day
- Raspberry jelly.. Tastes like normal jello
- Blueberry Pomegranate drink mix.. This one doesn't have an after taste of protein in it.. I found if I filled the whole shaker up with water instead of the recommended "150ml" the taste isn't as potent and I really enjoyed it.

Dislikes:
- Strawberry pudding - I wasn't a big fan on the taste, felt like something was missing from it
- Chocolate pudding - I grew acustomed to it, although I have to add a bit of vanilla extract to actually enjoy it

I see you guys recommend the vanilla pudding - I think I will try that next time I buy more food
Has anyone tried the banana pudding??
Also, is the chicken soup filling at all? Thx

korsstubbe 04-28-2011 12:17 AM

I make a chocolate muffin with my chocolate pancake mix. I like almost all the products except the vinegar chips.

Altona32 04-28-2011 12:53 AM

Im going to try making pancakes with the IP Cereal. I also bought the WF pancake syrup today. I never thought I could ever be excited about Pancakes.:p

foreveryoung 04-28-2011 01:44 AM

Definitely all palates are totally different 100% +++-- :) -- I do like Pina colada, pancakes, I don't like leek and chicken soup :( -- Good luck to all!:carrot:

Losingtime 04-28-2011 02:13 AM

I love the pina colada as well :) Also love the omelet, the chocolate soy puffs, and lemon bars...mmmm...

Newpair 04-28-2011 02:44 AM

Like: All pancakes, crispy cereal, chocolate drink, pina colada, peach mango, all bars, chocolate and peanut butter soy puffs

Dislike: Leek soup, strawberry pudding, lemon pudding, tomato soup, chili and the spaghetti.

Call me weird but a good day for me consists of chocolate drink for breakfast, a bar or soy puffs for lunch, and a drink for snack.

locks 04-28-2011 06:45 AM

worst..... leek soup, I tasted that flavour for a few hours in my mouth, like bad onions!

besides the soya puffs, love the crispy cereal pancake,

Treena 04-28-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmjw02 (Post 3826710)
- Blueberry Pomegranate drink mix.. This one doesn't have an after taste of protein in it.. I found if I filled the whole shaker up with water instead of the recommended "150ml" the taste isn't as potent and I really enjoyed it.

Dislikes:
- Chocolate pudding - I grew acustomed to it, although I have to add a bit of vanilla extract to actually enjoy it

I see you guys recommend the vanilla pudding - I think I will try that next time I buy more food
Has anyone tried the banana pudding??
Also, is the chicken soup filling at all? Thx

You know, I had the blueberry cran/pom drink last night and was thinking, I have it about 4 times a week, and every time I have it, I think it's way too sweet. I'll add more water next time. Thanks for the tip!

I sometimes add a tbsp of WF choco syrup to my choco pudding, it makes a world of a difference. Or splitting it with a vanilla pudding packet, or a cappucino packet.

I tried the banana pudding, I wasn't too crazy about it but I've never liked banana flavoring (love bananas, hate the fake banana flavor). I added chocolate syrup to mine to make it more manageable.

The chicken soup IS filling, thick and creamy. When I used to eat the soups (I've taken a break from them lol), I added veggies, herbs, and spices to them because I didn't like the soups by themselves.

rjslilmommie 04-28-2011 11:02 AM

Like: Omelet, chocolate and vanilla pudding (I make it more like a thick drink) and the veggie chili. Soy choco puffs as a treat!

Dislike: the drinks adn the soups, I have a hard time chocking them down.

korsstubbe 04-28-2011 11:55 AM

I like the banana pudding with some WF marshmellow and caramel on it. Or WF chocolate syrup. The dark chocolate pudding is much better than the regular chocolate pudding.
And those BBQ chips--I really like those.