Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 10:29 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default pants

I seem to have skipped size 12. I've been wearing my 14's even though they are a little baggy. I tried to find a white pair at the store today and all the 12's were too big! Whoops! What a problem to have, tomorrow I'm heading to Kohl's for the 8-1 sale!
Old 04-22-2011, 10:31 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 262/254.5/170

Height: 5"7"

Day 5 and so far so good. I made some rutabaga and turnip chips today which helped with the crunch I was missing. Can't wait to get rid of the tomato basil soup though....no matter what I put in it, it still isn't working for me. First WI on Monday, so I'm hyped to see what all this is doing. It seems my stomach has really shrunk but I will assume that is water weight. No other problems so far.....I can do this! Nephew getting married at the end of June and want to surprise my family in Iowa.

Last edited by cedolphin53; 04-22-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:58 PM   #78  
Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltaylor716 View Post
Is there anyone out the like me??? I only like the premade shakes and the PB soy puffs! Severe texture issue and this is all I can handle. I know that when you are on a diet you want to change things up so your body does not get used to your routine, I do not see myself being able to do that. Has anyone else been in a similar situation!
I can totally relate! By the end of the program I only used the raspberry jelly and vanilla shakes cuz they were the only things I liked. I'm restarting Monday and the only thing I plan to buy initially is pre-made vanilla shakes.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:22 PM   #79  

Height: 5' 5"

I had a small NSV today. I was going through my closet trying to decide what to wear out tonight when I decided to try a couple of tops that I have been avoiding because they were too tight. Not tight anymore! I felt like I was losing size around my middle and then i told myself it was all in my head- cause after 9 days how can that be true? But yup, it's true. I can now wear all of the tops in my closet- comfortably. Sweet!
Old 04-22-2011, 11:23 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 230/Ticker/140

Height: 5'4

I had an AMAZING day. It started out with house hunting, we found the "one" and made an offer on it. I then went and got a haircut and some highlights as a reward for losing 15lbs (most weight lost in about 3 years) During my haircut I received a phone call from our realtor saying that the bank had already accepted our offer and that they were sending over a purchase agreement for us to sign on tuesday. I cant believe that everything is falling so perfectly into place, and the fact that I have stayed on plan this long while househunting and working tons of overtime is my own little NSV. I hope that everyone else is having a great weekend!
Old 04-22-2011, 11:47 PM   #81  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Well....

I finished reading the Ideal protein book today (unbalanced diet). I am truly going to start this program. Unfortunately there are NO centers near me, so I'm going to try doing it with alternative products.

You've all been so wonderful answering questions! And I'm pretty sure it's your enthusiasm, that really sells this protocol.

I've learned a lot reading through Sooooo many threads

So I plan on starting Monday. I ordered some protein drinks through a website, that will probably not arrive till Wednesday, so I will start by using the EAS shakes till then.

I know I'll miss some variety by not being able to purchase the protien packets, but honestly, I doubt I would eat them anyway...as I am really hard to please with taste/texture.

I'm going to try to read through the recipe threads so more to find more ways to cook up veggies, as that is where I think I'll have the most chance to shake up my food! On the website for WF I have to go a town over to even look at the offerings there, but may just try a Dressing from the recipe section first.

Thanks again everyone for the time you take to answer Newbies questions!
Old 04-23-2011, 12:04 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by picky123 View Post
Good day all,

Had WI#12 today down another 6.5 pounds and 6.75 inches. This makes a total of 43 pounds gone since February 22, 2011.

Feeling great on the weekend so far. Another 40 or so pounds to go and I think I will be where I want to be.

Hope everyone has a great easter weekend.
Congrats!! I am curious about something though, I started on February 18 and just had my 9 week weigh in and you said you just had your 12th....trying to figure that out? Am I missing something? LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygal View Post

-40 lbs. mark in just 9 weeks!!!

Can't even explain how happy and excited I am

Stacy.....Stacy.....Stacy.....way to go gal! You must be grinning like this little guy from morning to night! You look so amazing in your profile pic, what a difference from when we started! I'm behind you now because I ended up taking almost 2 weeks off but when I went back the first of this week, I'm still losing.....just know I stayed pretty well even for a week or so. But, I'm also down 30, starting right after you. I only have a couple of weeks to go before I phase off for a trip to Haiti in May so you'll be waaaaaay ahead of me by then. But just know you've gone this far and you'll be fine while you're gone.

Everyone is doing so well on this and remember, whether you lose 1 lb. or 10 at your weigh in, you need to keep your eyes on the end result. There's quite a few supporting people on here who have reached their goals to attest to that.....I'm only a little over 1/2 way there.....and even with 2 weeks taken off, I've done that in 7 weeks.....and some weeks with as little as 2 lbs. lost. So don't lose hope.....and see the big picture. In this little community, we've got each other and that's what counts.

Hugs,

Mary
Thank you ever so much Mary. I can't explain how incredible I feel and I took the plunge and posted an updated FULL BODY pic to facebook and my inbox went NUTS. Holy crap, I seriously wasn't expecting that.

You are doing so well yourself my friend, keep on with what you're doing and these breaks we're taking will NOT slow us down much and will be well deserved
Old 04-23-2011, 12:26 AM   #83  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I had a strange experience today. I had to go shopping because literally everything that I could possibly wear to work is falling off me.

So... I wandered around the thrift shop and found some great things: Ann Taylor Loft pants in size 12 ($5.99) and Talbots dress pants in size 10 (almost fit) ($5.99). I also got a pair of jeans (sz 12) and a pair Old Navy work pants in size 10.

You can't try stuff on there, so I made sure to measure myself before I went and took the tape measure with me to measure the clothes. Everything fits or "almost" fits so I will be shrinking into these soon... They didn't really have any good tops for work, so I broke down and went to the mall and looked around for some things there.

Lord and Taylor.
First of all, I almost cried because I was so overwhelmed with the huge amount of clothing that is in the normal part of the store. I'm used to shopping in the Women's section, where I remember things being dark colored, somber, and boring... Just the types of clothes that I am used to buying nad wearing....

This is apparently NOT the case in the normal section of the store... Everything looked like something that the Easter Bunny would pick out. Also, apparently the designers this season have decided to torture us women with weird little slevelets and lots and lots of "ruffly" things on the front of everything. Has anyone else noticed this?

Don't get me wrong. I skipped the XL and have to shop for some size LARGE shirts, so this is thrilling. I managed to find a few tops here and there, but they are all really t-shirt type fabric and I can't really get away with them for work. I was also looking for a cardigan (yes, I'm freezing all the time right now like many others...) for my office and perhaps some nice layering pieces.

Everything I looked at was a) ruffly or had flowers pasted on it, b) open-front
cardigans with sloppy looking edges, or c) some awful Easter color that makes me want to vomit.

Is something wrong with me???

JC Penney. OK, this is the go-to store for boring monochromatic clothes, right? NO! Apparently everything boring and monochromatic now has to be ordered from the website and isn't in the store here. Sigh...

Oh well. I did get some great doorbuster deals on some bras and pantyhose, which I also desperately needed. And I got some work shirts for DH.
Last summer I bought capris and tops from Kmart for less than $10.00. A few pieces at the time because I was changing sizes. One of my favorite tops is a crinkle fabric top, short sleeve, v neck for 9.98. Washes very well. In Oct. I got a Belk card and have bought almost all of my clothes at various Belk stores. With a card I get extra discounts quite often. I buy quite a lot off the red dot racks. I'm 5'1" so I shop in the petite dept. Belk has a larger petite dept. than some of the other large dept. stores. I have not paid full price for any clothes yet. This week I bought a light weight black cotton jacket (58.00) for 17.00. I have to wear a jacket in most stores and restaurants. I buy most of my clothes in the petite sportswear (cooridinate groups). I buy the capri from one group and the top from another group. For the winter I had jeans, a few jackets and several tops to match each jacket. For summer I have bought capris and shorts in white, black, navy. All of my solid or printed tops will match. A white jacket and a black jacket. I wear bright colors that match these bacic colors. Oh yes, I forgot I got a red jacket that I will keep if I have enough to match it. By shopping this way I can make numberous outfits. I can't wear some of the tops that are very popular now. I didn't loose all of my weight to look bigger. I don't buy a top with frills, gathers, ruffles,ect.
Now dresses are a different story, has been a little harder. The styles seem to be the same in every store. There seems to be basically 2 styles, sundresses or sleeveless and granny styles. I am a grandmother, but I don't wear granny styles, no offense to those of you who do. I have bought a couple sleeveless dresses (on sale) and a shrug to wear with them.
Happy shopping to all of you ladies. Judy
Old 04-23-2011, 01:01 AM   #84  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Hello everyone excited to report I lost -7 this week. Which puts me at 69 lbs in 4 months! Crazy stuff! I went from a 22/24 pants to now I am a 14 and tops were 26/28 and are now 14/16. Bra size went from 46 DD to 38 DDD. It is a truly amazing thing that is happening and it is great to hear others with the same success stories. My body is constantly changing and in a good way. Looking forward to seeing those numbers under 200...hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

NSV for me today is I bought some pants a few weeks ago at a plus girl shop and they are now too big. I am no longer a women's size but a misses. It is nice to walk into a normal size store and fit beautifully into a misses size. I loved my plus girl shops but going into normal size clothing shops is great!

Last edited by Beachbella; 04-23-2011 at 01:06 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:18 AM   #85  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

I've been off plan for a few days because I ran out of shakes. I am still holding at the same weight. I am going to try to be strict on the diet until I go out of town at the end of May. I have a couple of trip in between but I am going to be good. NSV- I my fav dress yesterday and didn't have to wear a girdle to hide my tummy print. It was actually loose.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:49 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 186/150/130

Height: 5'3" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Well....

I finished reading the Ideal protein book today (unbalanced diet). I am truly going to start this program. Unfortunately there are NO centers near me, so I'm going to try doing it with alternative products.

You've all been so wonderful answering questions! And I'm pretty sure it's your enthusiasm, that really sells this protocol.

I've learned a lot reading through Sooooo many threads

So I plan on starting Monday. I ordered some protein drinks through a website, that will probably not arrive till Wednesday, so I will start by using the EAS shakes till then.

I know I'll miss some variety by not being able to purchase the protien packets, but honestly, I doubt I would eat them anyway...as I am really hard to please with taste/texture.

I'm going to try to read through the recipe threads so more to find more ways to cook up veggies, as that is where I think I'll have the most chance to shake up my food! On the website for WF I have to go a town over to even look at the offerings there, but may just try a Dressing from the recipe section first.

Thanks again everyone for the time you take to answer Newbies questions!
You can also order from Lindora.com...I get a lot of stuff from there. The Hot Choc is really good and the Cappacinno is great..I mix in with my coffee. They have a great selection of bars...carmel nut is a fav. Just be careful of the bars...they have a lot of carbs. The bars are considered a restricted item because they have so many carbs it could slow your weight loss down. My coach let my husband use them in the 3rd or 4th week because he was hungry a lot. I'm in my 10th week and she started letting me have them last week because she thought I needed more calories to get the scale moving but I only get 3 a week. So if you use them I would wait for a couple of weeks and then use them sparingly. Just my opinion.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:23 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 186/150/130

Height: 5'3" 1/2

I had my WI on Wednesday and lost 3 lbs...this is week 10 (I think)...for a total of 26 lbs. I have 25 to 30 more lbs to go...looking forward to that day.

I'm out of town for a couple of days for my son's baseball tournament. I brought my food but we went to a buffet for dinner. It said it was the "Best Buffet" so I assumed it was just a regular buffet with salad, meat, etc. It turned out to be Chinese. I was very disappointed but since we had limited time to eat and get back to the game I drudged through it. I ate some chicken/broccoli and beef/broccoli and some other chicken stuff. I probably had to much protein and fat for sure but not sure what else was hidden in the food. I'm feeling really bloated tonight...it's that damn chinese food I bet.

Since I decided to stay in a hotel last minute before we left home instead of driving the 1 1/2 hour ride home I left my bathing suit...sooo...during our break I ran to JC Penny (only store in this small town) and did some shopping. I still don't like shopping for a bathing suit but this time it wasn't nearly as bad...I was able to get into a size 12 from a 14. I put it on and headed for the pool when my 11 year old said "wow mom you look so skinny...your belly used to be out to here (he had to put his hands on my belly to show me how far my belly used to stick out)" He's so sweet. It looks like my thighs have turned into cottage cheese though...ugh! I hope this will change as the weight comes off...maybe when I start working out again that will go away...buuuut not real sure of that...God I hope so.

Speaking of working out my girl friends have been wanting my to run with them to get ready for an upcoming 5K in May. I told them I get worn out just walking up the stairs. My coach told me I could start walking but not to work out yet. Even when I was heavier I think I was in better shape then I am now...at times I just feel weak. I worked out in the yard yesterday and my back and hips were killing me.

Good luck to everyone this Easter weekend trying to stay OP.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:08 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Saturday everyone!

I have no clue why I wake up so easily at 6 a.m. when I don't have to and have such a tough time doing it when I do have to!

I'm sipping away on an IP Pina Colada (with crushed iced) for breakfast and all I can say is: "Yum!"

Cheers to a great OP weekend!
Old 04-23-2011, 09:34 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpair View Post
I had an AMAZING day. It started out with house hunting, we found the "one" and made an offer on it. I then went and got a haircut and some highlights as a reward for losing 15lbs (most weight lost in about 3 years) During my haircut I received a phone call from our realtor saying that the bank had already accepted our offer and that they were sending over a purchase agreement for us to sign on tuesday. I cant believe that everything is falling so perfectly into place, and the fact that I have stayed on plan this long while househunting and working tons of overtime is my own little NSV. I hope that everyone else is having a great weekend!
Newpair,

Your exciting news and determination has made me smile this morning! If you can survive househunting, I can survive shopping for Easter treats for the kiddies!!!
Old 04-23-2011, 10:29 AM   #90  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Congrats!! I am curious about something though, I started on February 18 and just had my 9 week weigh in and you said you just had your 12th....trying to figure that out? Am I missing something? LOL.
I was wondering the same thing. I sstarted Feb 25th and will have WI#8 on Monday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
I can't explain how incredible I feel and I took the plunge and posted an updated FULL BODY pic to facebook and my inbox went NUTS. Holy crap, I seriously wasn't expecting that.
That is great news! Congratulations!! Now that I have some clothes that fit, I might do the same thing. My fb profile pic is a picture of my son blowing bubbles... The thought of having a picture of me is weird...
Closed Thread